Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't worry there are plenty of us that hate what you've become too.

I've taken everyone off my ignore list. Aren't I brave?

I'm going to run a competition - Nuthatch of the Day - and the winner gets a week on my personal naughty step.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, eddie said:

I've taken everyone off my ignore list. Aren't I brave?

I'm going to run a competition - Nuthatch of the Day - and the winner gets a week on my personal naughty step.

That sounds kind of creepy.

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I'm still struggling to see the point in bringing him in, I just don't see what he'll bring to the party - 

Motivation - He may well be a legendary motivator but he'd gonna take time to get to know the players and what makes them tick.  A luxury we don't really have.

Tactics - A classic 4-4-2 manager, not exactly the Derby Way.  I've posted about it a couple of times but in the Play Off Final he was about to sub Junior Hoilett until Clint Hill jogged over to the touchline and told him he was their only viable out ball for any counters.  So Hill subbed himself.  Who teed up Zamora's goal (apart from Keogh)?  Junior Hoilett.  None of his sides have played with any particular style and his greatest piece of tactical nous was recognising Gareth Bale wasn't the best left back in the world but might make a decent winger.

Coaching - He's the first to admit he doesn't get his boots muddy and left all the coaching to Joe Jordan/Kevin Bond/Schteve etc.

Transfers - The windows shut so only loans & frees are viable for another couple of weeks.  Who could he really bring in in improve us?

So if it's merely to hold Waffall's hand and squeeze it really hard when he's about to do something stupid did we really need the circus that's come with the announcement, why not just bring in a solid coach who's been there and done it like Mike Phelan or Brian Kidd???  I can't imagine many people would get so offended at the thought of either of those two coming to the club in an "advisory" capacity... 

You have answered yourself in the second paragraph. Time isn't needed if your personality & kudos are respected by the people you are motivating.

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I hail thee, fellow holder of a Redknapp profile picture, we are joined together forevermore. 

By forevermore I mean until the end of the season obviously:thumbsup:

That's if he hasn't pissed MM off already by speaking to the press before the ink has dried on the contract :ph34r:

That's a good point you just raised there rynny. It's Wednesday tomorrow, so that would only give 'Arry three training sessions to assess the chaps and provide some input before a game that, let's be honest we really need to win to keep up with those above us and maintain the breathing space from those below us.

Fingers need to be pulled out one way or another.

Archived