Derby County vs Nottingham Forest

DarkFruitsRam7

4 hours ago, McLovin said:

Lansbury can't be that bad if Dyche was chasing him all summer. We have a current player who picks up injuries regularly, Thorne. A fully fit Lansbury is a better player than Hendrick 

Only because Bryson told him where to go.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoyed the day.

A huge platter of sausages and bacon at Warwick services. Thought of the Moor farm massif.

Beating traffic around brum to make kickoff. 

Lying through our teeth to park in toys r us.

Enjoying the atmosphere. Thought it was far better than last year.

Enjoyed a good scrap of a game.

And a top result.

What's not to like?

6 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

The trouble is Burnley aren't piss-poor,and by the way I said Forest were piss-poor.We were just poor.

No many burnley players would get a game with Derby , but they have a good manager and no a big squad , we have spent millions on players who are not as good as the good players in the Nigel Clough era , it's as simple as that 

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I was shaking my head the moment Buxton came on for a corner, and immediatey started grabbing Mills' shirt. Had visions of him just giving away a ridiculous penalty.

Buxton is a terrific Championship player at times. I'm just not sure why every time we play against Forest he gets involved in grappling matches and comes across as a pub player.

Probably because he is a relatively good pub player...

22 minutes ago, valleyram said:

No many burnley players would get a game with Derby , but they have a good manager and no a big squad , we have spent millions on players who are not as good as the good players in the Nigel Clough era , it's as simple as that 

Agree but we will still go after their players and manager in the summer. We have the money as you said and MM is a triffic owner.

Managed to escape for a couple of hours to watch the game at my Hampshire local earlier. The game was on multiple screens until several people moaned and asked them to show the Arsenal v Everton game.. To my surprise I was quickly joined by 2 Forest fans and we managed to get the game shown on one screen (without sound)... The 3 of us sat in the corner of the pub in fanzone style trying really hard not to antagonise each other... While I couldn't contain myself when Olsson scored, the guys accepted the best team won and congratulated me at the end... Great win for the Rams and a massive relief but thanks chaps for taking it in the right spirit. 

1 hour ago, top 6 finish said:

What!! you was pleased with the efforts of Johnson and Martin? were you asleep?

Yes, surprisingly enough Johnson and Martin fall under the blanket term "every single one of our players".

Funny thing is we were 10x better at Rotherham.

Hendrick was terrible, would really like to see a midfield of Bryson, Butterfield and Thorne before Hughes comes back. Think they'd compliment eachother well.

Defence was outstanding minus some dodgy distribution in the first half. 

Minus a good 20 minute spell in the second half we were pretty average, but they were shocking, so I was always confident of us nicking one. 

11 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

We managed to beat a piss-poor Forest team that had several of their better players out through injury,have lost 6 of their last 8 matches (I think I heard that) and are in the bottom half of the table,and have just lost their manager. They had the better of the first half,and we only came back into it because Redknap went into the dressing room at half-time.We produced 1 moment of excellent football to score,1 minute out of 90.89 minutes of dross,which if reproduced next season,would see us struggling at the wrong end of the table. Something is clearly wrong with us,if 'arry can't sort it out this season,we are going to need a miracle worker to get us on track for next season. I am not being negative just saying how it is,and most of you know I'm right.

I agree that it wasn't a great game or a great performance. However the selection of Hanson at right back restricted our attacking options by half and the piss-poor Forest team which had won its previous game had a game plan to stop us from playing. They posed very little threat to our goal and got their just deserts-nothing. Cardiff away will be a different kettle of fish because they have to win and probably have to win 6 of their remaining games to get in the play offs.

On 13/03/2016 at 02:54, Ramos said:

To cheer people up slightly, I thought I would paste some of the most memorable Derby Forest games from our perspective to get us all in the mood! 6 days to go!

Derby County 5  Forest 0

Forest 1  Derby  2 

Derby 2  Forest 0 

Derby 3  Forest 0

Forest 2  Derby 2

Derby 1  Forest  0

Forest 0 Derby 1

The 98-99 one...That is me at the front after Carbonari scored!

Forest were really up for this one as they always are regardless of club situation or league position (just as we are). They pushed us back in the first half although it did finish more or less even. 2nd half complete opposite thought we gave a very good account of ourselves and deserved to win. Well done Derby. Just get Hughes back and with a bit of tweaking, I really think we have the makings of a great side.

Hope that Rotherham result does not cost us a playoff place. It's going to the wire I think.

11 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

What!! you was pleased with the efforts of Johnson and Martin? were you asleep?

I love Johnson but he was really very disappointing in possession - kept knocking it out of bounds over and over it felt like. Vanished in the second half.

As for Martin, well, how much longer he continues to get a free ride in this side is mind boggling. Fell over, turned the ball over, no runs, gave up a lot, and hardly involved. Plus he couldn't get on the end of anything - and a half decent striker would have buried the olssen cross. With weimann Blackman and bent as the alternatives I guess it's tolerable for a time. The sooner DW gives OZ an opportunity the better. Martin and Johnson were the only 2 disappointing players - Jeff actually had a much much better game including the header to set up the winner. 

But hell I am thrilled about yesterday and they showed real passion - more than forest ever did. Bryson is finding form too. Now with Cardiff and hull, we will be tested against one good side and one very good side! It's been a while since we played a good team. 

16 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I love Johnson but he was really very disappointing in possession - kept knocking it out of bounds over and over it felt like. Vanished in the second half.

As for Martin, well, how much longer he continues to get a free ride in this side is mind boggling. Fell over, turned the ball over, no runs, gave up a lot, and hardly involved. Plus he couldn't get on the end of anything - and a half decent striker would have buried the olssen cross. With weimann Blackman and bent as the alternatives I guess it's tolerable for a time. The sooner DW gives OZ an opportunity the better. Martin and Johnson were the only 2 disappointing players - Jeff actually had a much much better game including the header to set up the winner. 

But hell I am thrilled about yesterday and they showed real passion - more than forest ever did. Bryson is finding form too. Now with Cardiff and hull, we will be tested against one good side and one very good side! It's been a while since we played a good team. 

Is it a bird?    is it a plane?      No...it's Agenda Boy!! 

Crap game but they are never a great advert for Championship football, all that matters is the result and what a result, we needed that.

Expected a better start and tempo with Harry's arrival lifting the players, sadly never happened, same old really.

Thought Olsson was pretty poor apart from his goal. Which was a decent finish from him so I'll let him off. 

The old guy in front of me got absolutely poleaxed in the celebrations, no idea how it happened, bodies everywhere, I helped others lift him up, if you're reading this and it was you, could do with losing a few pounds, 'Kin ell almost did my back in. 

Left shortly after, not sure he knew where he was or what day it was, white as a ghost. 

Jamie Ward reception was a weird one, bloke next to me was saying you can't boo Ward when the teams were read out, when I saw him getting ready to come on I reminded myself not to boo. He was roundly applauded around us apart from 2 guys just to the right that turned round calling everyone ******* and Forest fans for clapping the traitor.

Surprised nobody lamped them to be honest.

The Jake Buxton return was special, loved it, gave me goosebumps as we sang his name. Highlight of the game apart from the goal.

I've read Troy's thread and as usual people questioning his ability and that's fine, I'm guessing you didn't see the Keogh and Buxton partnership before it went tits up, genius he's certainly not but we love any player that not just gives his all but shows passion in the shirt. 

I'm struggling with legend but cult hero for sure. 

Atmosphere was the best I've personally been there to witness for a while, only a few quiet spells and just shows it can be done when the football on the pitch isn't great. Just need to pretend it's Forest every week.

How cold was it yesterday? Despite all the jumping around I was frozen solid, didn't help when @davenportram came across and with a smug grin told me how great his coat was.

The t shirt and thin jersey hoody combo was a bad bad idea. 

40 minutes ago, Ninos said:

P

Which if you were paying attention you would notice was superbly controlled and passed on to Bryson by ....Chris Martin.

Great team goal. Right from Russell, Hanson, Hendrick, MARTIN, Bryson, Ince, Olsson - yesssss!!!

PistoldPete2
18 minutes ago, angieram said:

Which if you were paying attention you would notice was superbly controlled and passed on to Bryson by ....Chris Martin.

Great team goal. Right from Russell, Hanson, Hendrick, MARTIN, Bryson, Ince, Olsson - yesssss!!!

Yes it was such a satisfying goal in so many ways.. deciding goal, a team goal, well struck,  3 points could be vital, beating Forest, late on, good view of it and the celebs in front of East Stand all so sweet.

Sure forest were poor it was a scrappy game etc and we will have some really tough games to come .But that wont stop me enjoying it and I am enjoying it still.  

Archived