Who is worse?

wixman1884

Who is worse?  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

I still dont understand the hatred of wassall taking over in a diffcult situation.

Mel and  PC are to blaime for the mess. Oh by the way its not that muich of a mess as the suicidal derby fans seem to think it is.

Scapegoat

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

Scapegoat

I wonder if we should go the whole hog and actually employ a "designated scapegoat". When I used to watch athletics, they used to put a 'pacemaker' in the race, someone to take one for the team, who never actually got any reward, fame or notoriety, but helped the Ethiopian dude run faster.

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wassall, should have turned down the offer and stayed with what he knows. Mel's been led astray again with 'verbal promises' it's not fair on him. Of course he's going to believe PC & now DW when they say they can get us success! #boo

I realise it's a tough gig to argue that Mel's not so gullible right now...but here goes...

While acknowledging that sacking your hand-picked Sir Alex Ferguson after 5 months of competition behoves of either (1)  a changeability of mind and/or direction reminiscent of the proverbial mad woman and her spit; or (b) placing £26m worth of trust without even bothering to ask "have you ever managed anything before?", it is still a long draw to say that DW has deceived anyone. To be fair, the spirit of the side has risen (some of the time anyway) so Wassall has stopped the possible spiral. That it almost certainly would have happened anyway under Clement is beside the point.

What Mel has said publicly is really all he can say; we're in a hole of his making...true. In all respects. After all, one of the most confounding aspects is how we set fire to £26m without much discernible benefit? For precisely the reason that DW has never been considered for a "EPL managerial role", it's arguable (highly probable in fact) that the whole "DW trial run" is a PR ruse to buy time. (I hope DW knows that if that is the case as he is generally well regarded in his Academy role and we want him to return to it.)

If it is, the delay can be justified IF you see signs that promotion is as premature now as it was in 2006. Or because the next manager really is to be our SAF in terms of longevity. Or because he has been identified but is committed until the end of the season. Or because Mel is being especially careful this time...

Stuff it. Who knows? This is exactly why so many are so frustrated.

20 hours ago, Ramshankered said:

Cool poll bro. 

I voted Stalin (3 words I never thought I'd type)

He did lots of bad things and got away with it just like Darren. 

Plus I heard from a mate of a mate who hides in the Moor Farm bins that Wassell is a communist sympathiser. 

Stalin wouldn't have expected to read those three words either.

Archived