Rotherham United vs Derby County

DarkFruitsRam7

6 minutes ago, davenportram said:

1 mistake doesn't cause 3 goals. Change of formation allows the opposition to build momentum and keep pressure on.

Ok, he does quite a few though. The Burnley own goal was one, today a square pass them out of position to give Rotherham that fantastic European, FA Cup winners, premiership outfit a sniff and the scored 3 goals in 8 minutes. Not even Ssausagehorpe United or Accrington Stanley could do that !!! Got we then scored we feared the Rotherham on slaught and got nerves lol.. We are a pile a crap 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bcnram said:

I know you are upset but these are capable footballers. They don't need to lump it up to Martin because they have an extra body in midfield. They needed to keep the ball moving (and under control). They were poor substitutions, it would have been an ideal opportunity to bring on Buxton for Thorne to give him some game time, his experience would have been perfect.

so they were poor substitutions but aren't to blame?

the formation we ended up with ended up with us overun in midfield. This limits the chance of there being an easy pass to keep the ball. Plus Ince, Blackman aren't the kind of players to do that either. All that happens is we clear and the ball just comes back at us.

3 minutes ago, Emsonlives said:

Witnessing such enormous fundamental errors literally takes your breath away

to the extent that it is actually fascinating to behold, a kind of football equivalent to those " I remember where I was when I heard Kennedy had been shot, or princess Di had passed away " moments 

although thankfully many times less important of course 

It was like watching a car crash in slow motion. I'm in Sheffield now and still cannot believe what I just witnessed. I've always publicly backed the man in the hot seat but bloody hell Darren, you aren't half making it difficult for me.

Just heard Wassall's latest waffle in the car on the way back and I'm more angry than I was when LEON effin BEST made it 3-3. Best performance of the season? The first half was another non-event. We had all the ball but did little with it. After the break? That was a quality spell, albeit against poor opposition. We could have scored four to be honest. But that last 10/15 minutes was atrocious. So no, it wasn't the best performance of the season. That for me was Hull away. 

Why didn't he bring Butterfield on for Thorne? Another player tidy in possession, calm, perfect replacement to see the game out. Or Hanson even? But no. He brings two forwards on, taking off our two best performers on the day. Thorne and Martin. I understand him taking George off. He's been out for a while. But Martin? Terrible decision. Altered the shape, the momentum, and ultimately the result. And the way he reacted to the chap on the radio then was uncalled for. I'm getting to dislike him if I'm honest.

The defending for the goals was comedy, pure comedy. Except I didn't laugh. I kicked my seat and walked out. Disgusted. I love a good strop. Bryson and Hendrick looked like lost lambs when George was withdrawn. And the back four wilted under direct, late pressure. 

By all accounts, the red dogs were even worse in their game against another Yorkshire side. So it's all set up for another **** TV game next weekend. I can't wait. 

19 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I love Wassall. Give him the job full-time.

At least it's entertaining.

Exactly.

I have been asking for an experienced head coach as far back as January before PC was sacked.

But at this moment I would rather seeing DW staying. Why? The entertainment value DW has been giving me is even greater than that from watching McClaren's free-flowing football.

And yes, that's the dictionary definition of comedy gold.

11 minutes ago, eddie said:

It was like watching a car crash in slow motion. I'm in Sheffield now and still cannot believe what I just witnessed. I've always publicly backed the man in the hot seat but bloody hell Darren, you aren't half making it difficult for me.

Come Eddie stop sitting on the fence, say what you really think about Darren, otherwise you'll just end up with splinters in your bum!

54 minutes ago, davenportram said:

who did they have to provide an outlet for a targeted ball out of defense. Bent and Blackman dont provide that and Martin had been taken off.

How do you spell the formation of players who play BEHIND the midfield ? just askin'.I think you need to go back to school.

PistoldPete2

I think the problem is he brought Blackman, Ince and Martin on against Brentford and it worked. So now he thinks bringing three strikers on as sub is the answer every time. No it isnt. Bringing two on was bad,. he would have brought weimann on as well which would have been even worse. I also think it was a mistake sending stephen Warnock away as we lose something defensively without him. Maybe Warnock for the away games ollsson for the home games.

Three months ago I never thought I would be saying this but I feel worse than I did after last seasons' collapse, even though we still have the possibility of the playoffs.

Much though it pains me to say it, I place the responsibility for that 100% on the shoulders of Mel Morris. Whilst his vision of club stability and having a youth policy in place to feed talent through into the first team squad is laudible in the medium to long term, you cannot put someone in charge of team affairs with a third of the season still to play who is patently out of his depth at this level.

Real fans are not stupid, they support this Club with heart and passion and the least they can expect is to have people at the top who should realise that as much as we want to look forward to an exciting future and being able to hopefully become a stable Premier League club, we shouldn't lose sight that we are in the here and now! There are no guarantees that his blueprint for the future of Derby County will come to fruition in the next few years but for the remainder of this season at least, we are being asked to basically grin and bear it, as if this is what we have to expect. Well, I for one am not happy!

I feel a bit sorry for Wassall since he's the one taking most of the flack but he's doing himself no favours with some of (or most of) his post-match comments. The Chairman has put him in charge so he could hardly have said "no thanks" but he's just not up to the job - is that his fault or the Chairman, I know who I think is to blame for the current air of indifference surrounding the club!

I've just watched the highlights and actually looked a lot better (especially when compared to Clements reign) - movement off the ball seems to actually happen now, passing looked much improved and the players even seemed happier. However conceding three goals in seven minutes isn't great and even with the changes we should have been able to hold onto a three goal lead for 10 minutes.

29 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Just heard Wassall's latest waffle in the car on the way back and I'm more angry than I was when LEON effin BEST made it 3-3. Best performance of the season? The first half was another non-event. We had all the ball but did little with it. After the break? That was a quality spell, albeit against poor opposition. We could have scored four to be honest. But that last 10/15 minutes was atrocious. So no, it wasn't the best performance of the season. That for me was Hull away. 

Why didn't he bring Butterfield on for Thorne? Another player tidy in possession, calm, perfect replacement to see the game out. Or Hanson even? But no. He brings two forwards on, taking off our two best performers on the day. Thorne and Martin. I understand him taking George off. He's been out for a while. But Martin? Terrible decision. Altered the shape, the momentum, and ultimately the result. And the way he reacted to the chap on the radio then was uncalled for. I'm getting to dislike him if I'm honest.

The defending for the goals was comedy, pure comedy. Except I didn't laugh. I kicked my seat and walked out. Disgusted. I love a good strop. Bryson and Hendrick looked like lost lambs when George was withdrawn. And the back four wilted under direct, late pressure. 

By all accounts, the red dogs were even worse in their game against another Yorkshire side. So it's all set up for another **** TV game next weekend. I can't wait. 

What did he say to the guy on the radio?

5 minutes ago, timmo said:

Just seen the goals, poor substitutions from Wassall yes, but that defending, Jesus wept, embarrassing from every defender on the pitch  

The pass to setup the 1st goal goes right through the location Thorne or an other CDM would occupy you stop that first goal there is not comeback. Wassall has cost us a win no arguments about it. But he has been put in front of the headlights unfairly by Mel. 

Win against forest though and most will forget today's debacle

Archived