Rotherham United vs Derby County

DarkFruitsRam7

1 minute ago, kingsy1884 said:

The pass to setup the 1st goal goes right through the location Thorne or an other CDM would occupy you stop that first goal there is not comeback. Wassall has cost us a win no arguments about it. But he has been put in front of the headlights unfairly by Mel. 

Win against forest though and most will forget today's debacle

So we are blaming Wassall because Keogh is passing to imaginary team mates?

We could play 5 up front and it would still be the players responsibility to hold a three goal lead.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, davenportram said:

so they were poor substitutions but aren't to blame?

the formation we ended up with ended up with us overun in midfield. This limits the chance of there being an easy pass to keep the ball. Plus Ince, Blackman aren't the kind of players to do that either. All that happens is we clear and the ball just comes back at us.

Whoa there!! Of course the subs were poor, they disjointed the side terribly. Despite that, the players on the field afterward the subs were made were very capable of seeing the game out. My only point was that at 3-0 we had enough talent on there against a team that was beaten, to see the game out 3-0 or even more. Shared blame for me - everyone connected to the first team. A shocking lack of professionalism off the field and on it.

5 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

That's the problem winning against Forest may invoke selective memory loss in some supporters but it still wont gloss over the debacle of Wassalls stewardship 

4 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

The pass to setup the 1st goal goes right through the location Thorne or an other CDM would occupy you stop that first goal there is not comeback. Wassall has cost us a win no arguments about it. But he has been put in front of the headlights unfairly by Mel. 

But if we beat Forest then lose the next 2 games then we'll be back to feeling the same as we do now. Until the fans have confidence in the manager long term then Wassall will continue to be on a hiding to nothing!

2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

A win over forest would just paper over the cracks. A lose to forest and people will want Wassall's head on a spike in Derby market place.

Lets be honest they wouldn't get into Mels ivory castle to get there hands on DW anyway. 

The chances we missed today we should have scored five or even 6. For 80 minutes Rotherham couldn't live with us. Jason and Jake and we will be a bit more solid. We don't need Keogh's long passes to the opposition.  Although he is a very good footballer but has some calamity moments which cost us or can cost us. 

18 minutes ago, mozza said:

Am i right in thinking a few of us are just a tad annoyed ? 

It was a tiny bit irritating. How is the 'ticker' dept? Did the last few minutes of the game give the relevant bits a good workout?

9 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

The chances we missed today we should have scored five or even 6. For 80 minutes Rotherham couldn't live with us. Jason and Jake and we will be a bit more solid. We don't need Keogh's long passes to the opposition.  Although he is a very good footballer but has some calamity moments which cost us or can cost us. 

Bloody hell - you don't give up, do you?

1 minute ago, bcnram said:

It was a tiny bit irritating. How is the 'ticker' dept? Did the last few minutes of the game give the relevant bits a good workout?

i've gone past caring now mate , it's only football , Derby County are notoriously famous for games like today , that's why we love 'em ..

Can we just forget the last 10 minutes and give some player/performance ratings for the first 80 ?

i am serious .I didn't go to the game so just wondered . Yes .. DW demonstrated tactical ineptitude on a global scale but prior to that how were we playing ? Was it better, was the midfield more cohesive and did the forwards get service ? Did we look alive and up for it .. Certainly sounds ok but was the first half sterile or what ? 

36 minutes ago, davenportram said:

what's your point?

The answer to my question,which you couldn't even understand  is.....wait for it ,it's spelt DEFENCE   got it? Lack of a decent education I suppose,or are you American and think you are watching a different game.

Who cares about beating forest next week And the results dont matter if we beat them. i not botherd about beating them tw..ts down road i want to play the likes of arsenal .utd .city gettin bored of we hate forest we need to be playin in prem not in championship forever. 

I have an idea.We haven't had many polls lately,so I'm suggesting we have one for a change.The poll will be something like who is the main scrRapegoat for today's game.We need them,they keep us going.If anyone agrees get it going,it may take some steam out of us.We need to blame people.I would suggest some players plus the Manager plus the owner.

Sorry Daveo.Actually you could join the list.

6 minutes ago, nottingram said:

So we are blaming Wassall because Keogh is passing to imaginary team mates?

We could play 5 up front and it would still be the players responsibility to hold a three goal lead.

Have you ever played team sports Notting ?

Imagine playing a game,  in any team, in any sport, anywhere in the world

Say you were doing really well - you were playing to an agreed structure, one you had been practising and had become comfortable with in the days before your game.Your individual teams members were playing well, as well as for a long time. It was all looking good, the game would soon be over.

You then find,in an instant, with no discussion or prior communication, that the structure (that had been working so well) had been abandoned. It hadn't been replaced with something else. It had been abandoned. There now was no structure. 

At exactly the same time, two of your best players were taken off the pitch. They were two of your talisman, and they had been doing particularly well in the game so far : - they had been important in getting you to the good position in the game that you had found yourself in. And they were fundamental to the success of  that particular structure which had been so successful for your team in the game so far.

At exactly the same time, two new players came on the pitch to play for your team. These players had been struggling for a long, long time to demonstrate the quality that was necessary to make the grade in your team. Neither of them could have been said to be either on-form, confident in their own ability or their ability to contribute fully to the team. Neither of them were playing in the same position as the two had left the pitch at the same time. And now there was no structure. So the two new ones didn't know what their role in the team was meant to be.

At exactly the same time, the manager of the other team suddenly pricked his ears. His deep and long association with the game that you were playing meant that he quickly saw a possible way out of what had, only seconds before, seemed an impossible situation for his own team. As luck would have it, this manager had a well-earned reputation for being able to galvanise huge energy, commitment and momentum from the members of his team, at times against seemingly impossible odds, often from players with a lower technical ability at that sport than their opponents. So he saw an opportunity and quickly communicated with his team to give their all at this critical moment in the game.

Your team mates, only a few minutes before playing with a confidence they had not enjoyed for some time, began to remember some similar events that had happened repeatedly over the previous 5 or 6 weeks. Pretty well all these events had soon afterwards led to some bad things happening. And they realised, to their horror, that exactly the same mistakes that had been made time and again over that period of time had just been made again. The exact same mistakes.

Suddenly, the other team started to make significant inroads into changing the outcome of the game that moments before seemed utterly inconceivable. Confidence and composure quickly evaporated. No-one seemed to know what the 'plan' was and what their part in achieving it was.

Perhaps its not just the players who are culpable, Notting ?  Perhaps, in fact, it was almost nothing to do with them that this happened ?

Archived