Rotherham United vs Derby County

DarkFruitsRam7

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

I mean the subs were made on 75 minutes. So are we honestly saying that two changes gave us an XI that is so lacking in ability that they cannot resist the unstoppable tide of Rotherham United for just 15 minutes? Especially when we didn't need any more goals, 11 men behind the ball. One goal as a consolation was bad enough, but all three of the goals they needed for a point is beyond belief. Therefore, I cannot believe it. I refuse to believe the team we were left with from 75 minutes onwards was that poor.

when the formation is changed, you remove the outlet ball and are outnumbered in midfield you create issues. So yes. Again wassall has said formations dont matter, you seem to agree, you are Darren Wassall

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LesterRam said:

This is going to sour the relationship between Mel and Darren

Let's hope so, after these shocking display of tactics id be questioning his ability to look after the u21. Maybe Mel should go one step further and rather than going in the dressing room after the game to ******* the lads how about going in to replace DW.

what must be going off on that bench? Craig short another defender, Kevin Philips a player that has been around in high level football. Surely one of them can see the substitutions were a joke and maybe have a word with Daren "I don't know what I am doing" Wassal

He picked a good lineup. But It's pretty basic managing to be very careful to protect your lead and preserve your win. DW didn't do that and now he needs to shoulder the blame. And RAMAGE is wrong that the time was right to take Thorne off. He should have left him in AND added Hanson and/or Buxton too. PROTECT THE DAMN LEAD.

Martin & Thorne play two vital positions in that 4-3-3, and do it very well. Don't take them off, or at least replace them with a like for like replacement!

To think people wanted us to cash in on Martin in Jan LOL!

If your going to make a sub take the wingers off. Thats what Mac did and it seemed to work most of the time.

By the sounds of it we played like the Derby of old for 70 odd mins so thats a positive at least...

Just now, davenportram said:

when the formation is changed, you remove the outlet ball and are outnumbered in midfield you create issues. So yes. Again wassall has said formations dont matter, you seem to agree, you are Darren Wassall

I never said formations don't matter. Of course they do. The subs Wassall made were brainless. But they weren't bad enough to result in that. The fault lies with the players.

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

We practically begged them to come at us. Given our fragile confidence, that was tactical suicide.

Well done Wassal, surely the 3-0 would have been a great confidence booster. But thanks to some crazy changes can see the teams confidence be in pieces. How come every man and his dog can see Wassal needs to go but Mel will leave him in. 

We saw what happened last season when we don't have Martin and a holding midfielder in the side. So why did we change the whole tactical shape after we were comfortably ahead?

Reminds me of when we were against Wolves and we were starting to get on top, but then Wassall decided to make a few changes and we lost all of our momentum and ended up losing. 

I also blame the players for throwing it away, but I'm pretty sure if had any decent manager we wouldn't have this happen to us. Even Clough wasn't so stupid to do something like that. 

Maybe mel, dw and a few others are learning how difficult management can be.

no-one has a divine right to win or play champagne football.

Archived