So, so bored of this season

rad1919

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

If you deem a little bit of positivity as cynically as 'rose tinted' then thank god not every derby fan is like your good self.

This team has come a long way and to be so negative now just doesn't make any sense to me we are 5th in the league a respectable position considering what has happened and what teams we are up against. The club is probably as stable as it has been in a good many years the prem is just a matter of time.

Was this tongue in cheek?

The team has come a long way? Since when? 22 months ago (a pretty long time in football these days) it was brimming with confidence, played great football and was one match away from being promoted.

So much for Eddie's "I want it now" proclamations, I wanted it 2 years ago...! :lol:

We could have had it 2 years ago an 'all. We looked on the cusp 14 months ago until the collapse, we'd engineered a great position for ourselves just 4 months ago but now? Now we're as far away from looking capable or worthy of promotion as we have been at any point in nearly 2 years.

Promotion is only a matter of time? Sure, everything is, but is it any wonder some people's patience is wearing thin?

Great post. I am also fed up of things. For me performances have gone backwards not forwards under Wassall.

Ok we had a buzz around the city when mclaren took over and had his great 12 months but since then its gradually dissolved. We are not only losing to teams we should be beating but performances even in the games we win are no way near the level they were in the play off final season. Make me annoyed i lose my bet by betting 4-0 to beat forest by beating them by 5. 

I am just bored of the formation. bored of the style of play; It certainly isn't attractive attacking football as i believe the 'derby way' should be.

a right now solution: hire a top manager right now and give us something to get excited about this season, make us believe we can cement a position in the play offs and make us believe we are the team to beat in it. Get the buzz back around the city. Family friend or whatever Wassall isn't exciting anybody, rather we had stuck with clement.

Save the season give us value for money and make me want to renew my season ticket!! 

All these broken promises, under mac I found heaven and now I pray we could return to these times, it only takes a minute but the love ain't here anymore, if Mel could just hire mac and be back for good it would make us rule the world :ph34r:

Give an experienced manager who has no job the post until the end of the season and see how it goes. 

Not going to happen because Mel would lose credibility overnight in some people's minds.

We could have done this with Pearson perhaps.Too late was the cry.

Aston Villa only need to lose one more game to beat our record number of defeats in the Premier. Newcastle could also do it.

Can I ask  few teasers?

Could the hit and miss performance in midfield and attack be attributed to the lack of our lad Will Hughes? He appeared to make both Bryson and Hendrick (but perhaps not together) tick with Martin and also with Ince. Martin's performance could be linked almost intrinsically to Hughes and not just Bryson as many have assumed.

Could it be that because of this and the lack of fitness/consistency of Thorne, that we have lost the dominance in midfield?

Although Butterfield is a little (very little) similar, he has not fulfilled that role and the blend in midfield is still structurally incorrect, no matter who you move in/out (apart from Hughes obviously), unless you change the forward line balance totally?

Johnson added some physical force when we needed it but appears not to be able to play to Martin as he ends up just behind him and not in front?

Perhaps Clement may have identified this with Blackman and err... the French league player, sorry I appear to have forgotten his name, signing? (does it begin with a C?)

Maybe this conundrum accounts for some (not all) of the "no game plan syndrome", which has dogged us at the end of last season and some of this season, perhaps more so last night? We can identify the matches I'm on about; they're the ones when midfield players act like their heads have been amputated and their bodies replaced with chickens' (plural).

Let's also look at the fact that we as a team have played three years with this same style 4-3-3 of play so it is easy to mitigate for when you are the opponent. i.e put a man heavy on Martin and push on the CDM.

Wassall for all his stupid hallucinogenic memories of our performances in after game summaries, (and I am trying my best to be neutral on him) may have worked this out and although I must admit the Butterfield for Bryson and not Hendrick change last weekend got me with the "YDKWYD" chanters, he could have a point, that we as supporters could not hope to identify, as we do not see the imbalance on the training field.

So what do I mean by this little synopsis?

Midfield is out of kilter and will not be sorted until Hughes comes back in or someone decides we need to sort out the lot by changing the balance/formation altogether (Perhaps not the Derby way though, lol or alternatively a new coach).

Attack is in the same position, hit and miss unless the opposing team gives us the freedom to play, which in the Championship today is almost zero.

The "Va Va Voom" factor is down to the problems above, sort them out and the auto-destruct button is deactivated, although who can do this for us and when, is another point, but I am sure it will happen and when it does we will be back to being in love like it was your first.  Although for me I have no options as I have been watching this mob (and their Dads lol) for 55 years.

COYR

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 23:27, kingsy1884 said:

We are paying the price now for a poor managerial appointment in the summer. It was a gamble it didnt pay off. Sit tight we are still 5th and I think we will probably stumble our way into a 5th or 6th place finish and fall at the semi-final stage.

Next season i hope will be much better with an expererience manager at the helm with a team that has time to be trimmed down and also been given time to gel with maybe one or two additions (maybe quality loan signings) and the good times will come rolling back.

You can critisize MM all you want but the grass isnt always greener on the other side and I never forget we nearly lost our club a few years back to the 3 amigos. Get a hold of yourselves and just enjoy the rest of the season what will be will be. lets be honest automatics was very hopeful at best against the likes of Hull, Boro and Burnley.

Incredible! Didn't Clement take us to the top of the division, the current drift to mid-table is down 100% to MM sacking him. I could accept the sacking if he had some plan in place but he obviously didn't which is why we now have the Academy coach in charge. I would only say Burnley are marginally better than us, we had promotion on a plate until that nob had a tantrum.

21 hours ago, NS said:

Incredible! Didn't Clement take us to the top of the division, the current drift to mid-table is down 100% to MM sacking him. I could accept the sacking if he had some plan in place but he obviously didn't which is why we now have the Academy coach in charge. I would only say Burnley are marginally better than us, we had promotion on a plate until that nob had a tantrum.

We went something like 1 win in 10 before Clement was sacked. Think that was at Hartlepool? 

Only saying.

50 minutes ago, Alpha said:

We went something like 1 win in 10 before Clement was sacked. Think that was at Hartlepool? 

Only saying.

2 wins in 10, 4 draws and 4 defeats to Brum, Boro, Burnley and Man Utd.

Basically he got the sack for losing to B-Teams!

21 hours ago, Alpha said:

Only saying.

Agreed. Regardless of anything else he'd completely lost the plot and it was one random desperate change that didn't work after another.

Archived