So, so bored of this season

rad1919

Been a season ticketicket holder since 1988 so seen some highs and many, many lows.

Never before however have I felt so disengaged and far removed from the current set up. 

Every season as far as I can remember has provided some kind of positive, even some of the most under achieving teams have at least provided some moments of excitement and given cause for optimism. All except this one.

The realisation that the barron years under Clough which started with a bloated, over paid and underachieving squad which was painstakingly dismantled and replaced with a streamlined squad of young, hungry players of a certain character, that we have now gone full circle and gone back in time 7 years. No further forward.

We may well "do a QPR", scrape in to the play offs and somehow win at Wembley and I hope we do. As long as I am able I will always support my beloved team but I have such an empty feeling about this season.

Losing tonight was inevitable.  It's becoming tedious and predictable. Nothing to get excited about. No consistency.

So frustrating.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean. After watching DCFC all of these years I feel like now is the time where the optimism has fully left me. The prem season was bad but no-one expected a lot with the players that we had. What makes it worse for me now is that the team spirit has totally gone and we seem to be full of overpaid mercenaries 

I'm finding this season extremely weird.

We were able to keep hold of all our players from last season, spent 25 million on players, looked unbeatable around November, but now we seem to be back to the clough days in terms of performances.

If I close my eyes I can just see Paul Green at right back.

4 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

Been a season ticketicket holder since 1988 so seen some highs and many, many lows.

Never before however have I felt so disengaged and far removed from the current set up. 

Every season as far as I can remember has provided some kind of positive, even some of the most under achieving teams have at least provided some moments of excitement and given cause for optimism. All except this one.

The realisation that the barron years under Clough which started with a bloated, over paid and underachieving squad which was painstakingly dismantled and replaced with a streamlined squad of young, hungry players of a certain character, that we have now gone full circle and gone back in time 7 years. No further forward.

We may well "do a QPR", scrape in to the play offs and somehow win at Wembley and I hope we do. As long as I am able I will always support my beloved team but I have such an empty feeling about this season.

Losing tonight was inevitable.  It's becoming tedious and predictable. Nothing to get excited about. No consistency.

So frustrating.

Yes, unfortunately many decades of repeated mediocrity and malaise Is having this effect on me also...And so dull at the moment.

I totally understand your feelings, Rad, but we all remember the Three Amigos, and those of us of a certain vintage will remember the Maxwell years too. So I don't feel too disconnected from the current set-up, relatively speaking. 

We have a passionate owner who is also a local man and extremely rich, willing to invest funds. You can question his decision-making if you like, and I certainly would, but we've seen worse. 

We're currently in the play-offs, too. I'm ambivalent as to whether I want to go through the agony of another relative failure of a season, but its not a total write-off yet by any means. 

I think I'm going to remain slightly cynical with a quantum of hope until the summer. 

No passion from the players on the pitch, a club that was being run so well is now in ruins and run by a headless chicken,

I have already renewed but wishing I hadn't, I couldn't give a toss if we are in the play offs or not, the last two months has completely deflated me, what has peed me off is the arrogance of Mel Morris's take over of the club, hiring and firing, he may as well be riding a horse with a six shooter strapped to his side, it's not the Derby way it's Mels way and it stinks of a man with to much money who is used to getting his own way to often, WTF is Sam Rush ? Tied up in the broom cupboard ?

the past 2 seasons have been frustrating and I can see why most are not bothered any more, i find myself just listening or watching with no real care now, the excitements gone and its just a sod it type feeling. 

My major concern is Morris, because he might decide he's had enough of this squad of players and pump even more money into it to replace them, its not worked and wont work. 

1 minute ago, loweman2 said:

what has peed me off is the arrogance of Mel Morris's take over of the club, hiring and firing, he may as well be riding a horse with a six shooter strapped to his side,

In his boxer shorts shouting.. "its my way or the high way, you better move outta my ******* way"

Could Mel be having a kind of tantrum because of the backlash he received over the dressing room incident, criticism over sacking Clement and criticism over the January signings?

With the money he has pumped in, with fans moaning (as he may have seen it), could he have thought sod the lot of ya?

Its the only explanation I can think of for him sacking clement and not putting someone in with experience just until the end of season to give the promotion push a bit of a kick. Even old Harry Redknapp could have given this group of players that little push.

We are paying the price now for a poor managerial appointment in the summer. It was a gamble it didnt pay off. Sit tight we are still 5th and I think we will probably stumble our way into a 5th or 6th place finish and fall at the semi-final stage.

Next season i hope will be much better with an expererience manager at the helm with a team that has time to be trimmed down and also been given time to gel with maybe one or two additions (maybe quality loan signings) and the good times will come rolling back.

You can critisize MM all you want but the grass isnt always greener on the other side and I never forget we nearly lost our club a few years back to the 3 amigos. Get a hold of yourselves and just enjoy the rest of the season what will be will be. lets be honest automatics was very hopeful at best against the likes of Hull, Boro and Burnley.

18 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

We are paying the price now for a poor managerial appointment in the summer. It was a gamble it didnt pay off. Sit tight we are still 5th and I think we will probably stumble our way into a 5th or 6th place finish and fall at the semi-final stage.

And the band played on !

image.png

I spoke to Morris tonight he is 100% not going to sell the players from the play offs. He said tonight that the team was really brittle at the moment and has no confidence in themselves, hence why he has appointed Darren to bring morale back to the team. He believes that the team out there tonight is the best team but just low in confidence. He was honest and said it exactly how it is. 

4 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

For gods sake get a grip. We are probably going to finisher higher than last season.

No one forces you to go to the games you know. Pathetic.

4 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

For gods sake get a grip. We are probably going to finisher higher than last season.

No one forces you to go to the games you know. Pathetic.

I go to support my team through thick and thin, when they are good I say they are good, when they are poor I say they are poor, this lets me appreciate the good times and gives me a balance,

people who live their lives looking through rose tinted spectacles whilst the world crumbles around them are what is wrong with society as a whole, it is those who I suggest are pathetic ! 

Archived