So, so bored of this season

rad1919

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that so many don't care whether we make it into the playoffs at all, Murphy's law states that it will become unavoidable, then we can pray to swiftly exit the playoffs and we will be sure to win it.  i'm with you guys, i don't care anymore.

2 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

He lost 5 games out of the 30 league games he managed,only saying.

I knew someone would think I was having a pop.

I was literally only saying. Just so people don't pretend we were doing alright. We'd been smashed by Brum, not turned up v Reading, not had a shot v Preston, been poor at Fulham. 

Try valium

On 8 March 2016 at 08:47, rad1919 said:

Been a season ticketicket holder since 1988 so seen some highs and many, many lows.

Never before however have I felt so disengaged and far removed from the current set up. 

Every season as far as I can remember has provided some kind of positive, even some of the most under achieving teams have at least provided some moments of excitement and given cause for optimism. All except this one.

The realisation that the barron years under Clough which started with a bloated, over paid and underachieving squad which was painstakingly dismantled and replaced with a streamlined squad of young, hungry players of a certain character, that we have now gone full circle and gone back in time 7 years. No further forward.

We may well "do a QPR", scrape in to the play offs and somehow win at Wembley and I hope we do. As long as I am able I will always support my beloved team but I have such an empty feeling about this season.

Losing tonight was inevitable.  It's becoming tedious and predictable. Nothing to get excited about. No consistency.

So frustrating.

How about these for a few positives?

1. If Derby County had performed so far below expectations as we have this season, we would have spiralled out of control. I am not sure of your age but, more than once, we have almost spiralled out of existence.

2. Try to view our performance graphically.

If you do, you'll be amazed by how strongly upward the trajectory is over even a slightly longer time frame.

3. Do the same for revenue, sponsorship, media profile, brand awareness, player retention, attractiveness to players, Net Assets. The list is enormous.

'So what?' I hear you say. 

The improvement is consistent across virtually every aspect of the club.

'What's the point if we don't get promoted? Onfield is the only performance that matters,' I hear you say.

It is ultimately. Refer point 2. Three seasons ago we were fearful of relegation year after year; now we're frustrated because the auto places are like quicksand  to us whenever we reach them. Reasonable reaction too. But don't mistake setbacks for the end of the world. Channel Hitler complaining about Allied air strikes on Berlin..then fast forward to April 1945...and don't forget that understanding the reasons for our fade outs this season and last is the key to addressing them.

Simplistically blaming McClaren hasn't worked has it? Replacing Clement certainly hasn't fixed everything. Derby, as a club, hopefully have a stronger, more stable foundation from which to build and rebound.

If you really think the club is no better off now than at any time since we were humiliated in the Premiership, then personally I think you need a good lie down. That, by the way, doesn't mean you're not right to be disappointed. You should be. We have underperformed quite badly.

Stick fat, you'll be rewarded.

Archived