Kyron Stabana - Out? - Norwich/Southampton Interest.

Walsall_Ram

http://readnorwich.com/2016/03/05/canaries-move-derby-starlet/

According to a recent report from TMW, Norwich are said to be the latest club to line up a surprise move for promising Derby left-back Kyron Stabana after the youngster caught the eye of several top flight clubs through his performances at youth level for the Rams.

Norwich may be looking to the future with a new signing to bolster their defence in prospect, and with Stabana becoming available, a move would certainly be an intelligent one on Alex Neil’s part.

Norwich are clearly looking to build a young and hungry squad with a British core; criteria that Stabana more than fits into and given the defender’s natural ability and potential, he could possess the right attributes to be a success at Carrow Road if a move is in place.

However, if the Canaries are to make an early move for Stabana, they will need to come in quickly as various Premier League clubs appear to be considering a move for the young talent, including fellow Premier League club Southampton.

The attraction of Southampton’s illustrious youth academy and development could prove to be pivotal if the battle for the youngster goes between the two clubs, but if Norwich can move fast enough, a move could well be on the cards.

Would Stabana be a good signing for Norwich?

#TheDerbyWay

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be surprised if we entertained a bid. I know last season Wassall was raving about him and he's currently playing a lot of football for the u21 side following Lowe's injury.

I don't know if he's signed a professional contract, saying that. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I'd be surprised if we entertained a bid. I know last season Wassall was raving about him and he's currently playing a lot of football for the u21 side following Lowe's injury.

I don't know if he's signed a professional contract, saying that. 

Yeah it would be crazy if after all this talk about improving the academy we sold one of our top prospects. Doubt Mel would let it happen (unless he's yet to sign a professional deal as you mentioned).

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah... but is it also a fact that Wassall rave about almost everyone? It appears to me that he does, given what I see in his post-match interviews...

Is Lowe going to be fully fit again anytime soon? Ever? I don't know what his injury is. We have Olsson a former Swedish international leftback and Warnock a former England international leftback (not even making the squad) and Lowe a current England junior international leftback. If Stabana has room to develop and progress with us, then bring him on. If not, get the biggest fee we can and let him leave with our blessing.

Right now he's getting games at U18 and U21 level so I'm happy to keep the lad if he's rated. Congrats to the boy on a professional contract.

32 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Is Lowe going to be fully fit again anytime soon? Ever? I don't know what his injury is. We have Olsson a former Swedish international leftback and Warnock a former England international leftback (not even making the squad) and Lowe a current England junior international leftback. If Stabana has room to develop and progress with us, then bring him on. If not, get the biggest fee we can and let him leave with our blessing.

Right now he's getting games at U18 and U21 level so I'm happy to keep the lad if he's rated. Congrats to the boy on a professional contract.

Read somewhere that Lowe is unlikely to play again this season

8 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Read somewhere that Lowe is unlikely to play again this season

Seems a very odd situation, as well as being such a masive shame for the lad when he would have had his big opportunity, with Fozzy doing his ACL. But speaking of Fozzy, he's another international leftback Stabana will be competing with. So that's three international senior places and one highly rated England junior for one position on the pitch. This is why it's so tough for U21 players to make the step up, especially for a team that has a bloated squad of senior pros.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Internationals with total of 8 appearances between them, not exactly major international stars 

Forsyth 4 caps

warnock 2 caps 

Olsson 1 cap 

Archived