Nigel Clough/Burton Albion/Bris/Ronnie troll fest

Holdontightuk

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Mistakes started when Mac got sacked (Mel's first decision I think?)

Have to strongly disagree. With 12 games left of last season we were top of the league and 17 points ahead of 7th. We lost a seventeen point cushion in 12 games and the only reason we didn't drop further is because we were 24 points clear of 8th at that time. 

Any manager with that sort of collapse needs to go. 

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

For all the mocking if our team today was to play the Clough team which had the midfield and attack of: 

Bailey Savage

Cwyka Bueno Commons

Kuqi 

Then I'd back that team to score an absolute hat full against us! 

Other than Bueno and Commons none of those players really went on to better things after Derby. 

Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

Other than Bueno and Commons none of those players really went on to better things after Derby. 

So what's your point? Can you see the majority of our current team going on to better things? 

My belief is that on a shoe string budget Nigel Clough put together a side that would hammer us if we were to put the two teams against each other. 

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

So what's your point? Can you see the majority of our current team going on to better things? 

My belief is that on a shoe string budget Nigel Clough put together a side that would hammer us if we were to put the two teams against each other. 

Tell me, where did that side finish at the end of the season? 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Why ask questions you know the answer to? 

It finished a lot higher than this side would though if the last 3 months was extrapolated over a full season...

Such a stupid thing to say, that side played well till November and had a spectacular collapse bigger than our last two seasons. 

1 hour ago, Holdontightuk said:

Wolfie20....he wasn't given any money, yet we've managed to blow almost £30mill since he left including loan signings. It's laughable how short memories are. He performed a minor miracle in what he achieved and some of the foundations he created and he was clearly completely committed to the club. Yet some on here would have Rowett instead (really?!). Its hilarious how some on here think Pearson or Warburton offer up any more potential to us, when we could have 2 out and out Derby men leading us in Clough and MM. Just cut out the middle man in Rush. 

I agree he did the sort of job that was needed to stabilise the club under difficult circumstances, as i said in my previous post. However, it became apparent that he had neither the technical acumen or match strategy skills needed at a higher level and his spell in charge at Sheffield Utd was hardly a roaring success. Us blowing the money has no relevance as to whether NC would have fared any better than McLaren or Clements. 

I am by no means one of the NLN mob - in my opinion they conveniently overlook the situation we were in when he took over but neither am I one of those who are blinkered by the surname. 

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Why ask questions you know the answer to? 

It finished a lot higher than this side would though if the last 3 months was extrapolated over a full season...

I think you'd have to wait till the end of this season to make meaningful comparison. They did play some good football but the wheels came off them too.

I would be interested to know what MM thinks of Clough's reign, more out of interest than wanting anything to actually happen. 

I'm not a fan of looking backwards and wouldn't agree with reappointing NC but do agree he deserves credit for some of the things he did. I think the comparison to him and Howe is telling. Howe appears to have a lot of nouse but more importantly is open to learning new ideas in his approach to management, whereas NC has decided on his philosophy and is unwilling to change. I always look back on his time and think his biggest mistake he made was not being more progressive with the staff he hired around him. 

2 hours ago, Holdontightuk said:

I shan't be quitting due to any juvenile moronic posters....I might however if I finally lose interest in the club after over 40 years of being a fan. MM needs to get his **** sorted and quickly. 

You've been a fan for over 40 years and this is the point you might lose interest?

Archived