Nigel Clough/Burton Albion/Bris/Ronnie troll fest

Holdontightuk

7 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

How you **** has this thread reached 14 friggin pages?!???? Has Jill Galone got herself a dozen different profiles or something?!????!????

To be fair at least it's 14 pages of actual debate. We've got a Warburton thread on here that's just 11 pages worth of puns. 

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, KBB said:

Guaranteed top 10 finish there.

BTW obvious troll is obvious

Careful. That’s dangerous talk. The ‘obvious trolling’ rights about NC on this forum are the sole preserve of the admins and some of their mods. They enjoy their privilege and to suggest someone else might be 'obviously trolling' on their turf might be seen as disrespectful.

5 minutes ago, ramesses said:

Careful. That’s dangerous talk. The ‘obvious trolling’ rights about NC on this forum are the sole preserve of the admins and some of their mods. They enjoy their privilege and to suggest someone else might be 'obviously trolling' on their turf might be seen as disrespectful.

Are you trolling us?

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm sorry but replacing NC allowed us to go the next level.

What he would have done with £5m is anybody's guess.

Maybe another 10 Bryson type signings or 5 Sammons...nobody knows.

I am one of those who agrees that Nigel gets a bad wrap in the sense that he did well with next to nothing. But, like G Star, I'm sorry but it is delusional to extrapolate that any further. He was, and is, a limited manager who held himself in far too high regard.

I don't wish to bag Nigel at all but let's not confuse matters; in replacing him the club clearly upgraded our level of manager.

4 minutes ago, RamDon said:

I am one of those who agrees that Nigel gets a bad wrap in the sense that he did well with next to nothing. But, like G Star, I'm sorry but it is delusional to extrapolate that any further. He was, and is, a limited manager who held himself in far too high regard.

I don't wish to bag Nigel at all but let's not confuse matters; in replacing him the club clearly upgraded our level of manager.

we will see how limited he is when we play Burton next season.

3 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Lol awkward. 

not awkward at all. I said then it was time for a change, because I was fed up. I stand by that.

that doesn't mean in hindsight I cant change my view and think that maybe I could have been wrong. That's what life is like. Make a judgement, or hold an opinion but reflect on it and be prepared to change the judgement or opinion if needed.

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

To be fair at least it's 14 pages of actual debate. We've got a Warburton thread on here that's just 11 pages worth of puns. 

...and it's far superior.

3 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Gjokaj and Jacobs, times were bleak back then.

Jacobs or camara? 

13 minutes ago, davenportram said:

not awkward at all. I said then it was time for a change, because I was fed up. I stand by that.

that doesn't mean in hindsight I cant change my view and think that maybe I could have been wrong. That's what life is like. Make a judgement, or hold an opinion but reflect on it and be prepared to change the judgement or opinion if needed.

Cor blimey. 

Thats like killing a badger and then joining the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust.

Why the vendetta against Rush? I really can't get my head around that one... 

Anyway, on the topic, it's obviously a no. Daveo touched on the main reason, we would see a HUGE deficit in season ticket sales for next season if we were to announce him as the new manager. I don't doubt that he did credible work at Derby and he left us in a better position than when he found us, but even in this 'crisis' we're six points off Clough's highest ever tally in a season while at Derby. Obviously, the budget is completely different but McClaren got the team he built and got an extra 30% from them. 

Clough's a decent manager and I think Burton is the right job for him. The Derby job is too big for him. 

16 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

The mistakes started when we sacked Clough?! Wow, just wow.

Yeah, we never won more games in a season than we lost. I would guess we had a poor goal difference too

Then McClaren came in. Sent Adam Smith packing and took us to Wembley. Then spent a moderate amount of money and was top from August to March. We got knocked out of cups by Chelsea twice and 10 men down to Reading. Then we collapsed to 8th with a better record, points tally etc than most of the last, I dunno, decade plus before it? Probably our 4th best finish since Jim Smith 

Archived