Playing in Gorgeous Light Blue

Ninos

2 hours ago, rynny said:

We should go for some of these

8-campos2.jpg

Surely that shirt is illegal as a football shirt (never mind being ****ing horrible). It makes the bloke at least twice his actual size. In a one on one if he spreads himself the striker has got no chance of knocking it past him!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Surely that shirt is illegal as a football shirt (never mind being ****ing horrible). It makes the bloke at least twice his actual size. In a one on one if he spreads himself the striker has got no chance of knocking it past him!

Tbf to him he is only 5'9" so probably isn't his shirt :lol:

27 minutes ago, Srg said:

anyone remember that pink tie-dye goalkeeper kit we had? think it was in the Andy Oakes/Lee Grant era? Don't think either of them ever wore it, and always wore the other one we had.

Didn't Camp refuse to wear it :lol:

24 minutes ago, Srg said:

anyone remember that pink tie-dye goalkeeper kit we had? think it was in the Andy Oakes/Lee Grant era? Don't think either of them ever wore it, and always wore the other one we had.

This the one? Can only find digital mock ups of it

2003-05%20Goalkeeper%20PurpleCopyrightEs

On 2/22/2016 at 16:32, rhysbeck said:

Dying to get my hands on the third kit, wish I bought a shirt earlier on but wasn't sure about the colour when it first came out, kinda grew on me after we played a few games in it. Can't find it for sale anywhere now no matter what site! 

I've found that doing the little things can help preserve the shirt quality / longevity. Various tips I've been given in the past were some I already knew and some I hadn't even thought of-

If you stick em in the wash, turn em inside-out first, which apparently helps with the whole numbers peeling/fading situation. This applies to any regular shirt as well that might have some sort of design or graphic on it. (Also applies to jeans/denim, basically 90% of clothing. Ever since I learned about this it's now basically a habit for me, nearly all my stuff that goes into the wash is turned inside out.)

If you tend to hand wash any of your kits (which is the recommended way but I'm always too lazy for this, even though I regret it every time the numbers start to crack or fade!) also turn inside out and use the same soap you use for the machine.

Use cold water either way.

Wear some sort of undershirt which reduces the long term effects that sweat has on fabric. Especially handy this one, since our home kit is white and over time sweat contributes to the yellow tint (as does a lot of bleach). Also reduces the number of times you'd have to throw it in the wash, unless you sweat like a maniac every time!

Hang dry every time unless you're in a hurry. Sticking it in the dryer is basically giving the poor shirt a life sentence, even if you keep it on the lowest heat setting.

Keep it on a hanger instead of folded. Did not know this one until recently when suggested by a friend. Apparently does any sort of print/numbers/badges on the kit a world of good and prevents the whole cracking/peeling ordeal.

Thanks for all the protips matey :-)

In honesty I pretty much do all that already - I'm actually pretty anal at trying to keep them in as good a condition as possible. Follow washing instructions to the letter! 

One thing I've not been doing is wearing it over a shirt - so I'm definitely going to take your advice there. 

Still - the shirts are pricey. Genuinely don't think there's any excuse for labels / badges peeling off if you've followed the care instructions. 

19 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

Anybody??

The gym work outs haven't been going for too long, so possibly back in blue for Wolves, as it makes them look slimmer.

Apparently wearing the blue kit makes you run faster as well.............. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Archived