Season over?

Posh Ram

6 minutes ago, Archie said:

Absolutely spot on and exactly how l feel. I never wet my pants over any of this needless spending on sny of the signings thid season and was quite frankly concerned from the get go that Morris took full control.

We had a strong team, a great work ethic and fantastic attitude - we required minor changes/improvements even when injuries hit. Rational improvements made in each of the remaining transfer windows. Fast forward 9 months and we have a bloated squad on bloated wages and we're simply no better off.

Mel Morris - l don't appreciate the investment you've made in this club as it wasn't needed in the first place. You've wasted your own money and put us at risk of ffp at the same time after years of great work cutting our cloth accordingly, working within our means and playing attractive fast flowing football to boot.

Sums it up perfectly.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Minesaguiness said:

How can a Club from being the strongest championship contenders and strongest team then become the worst by virtue of form in 6 weeks... Beyond me, you seriously have to look no further than the players imo

we weren't the strongest team by a long way. We were top but playing badly. We climbed the league by virtue of others not winning. We have not played a full 90 minutes at a good standard throughout.

4 minutes ago, davenportram said:

we weren't the strongest team by a long way. We were top but playing badly. We climbed the league by virtue of others not winning. We have not played a full 90 minutes at a good standard throughout.

Too be honest I thought the 1 defeat in 19 might had something to do with it... 

There was a lot of talk at the start of the season about whether the players can 'get over' the previous two seasons failures and bounce back with a clean slate/new manager etc. Two clean slates later and its looking less and less likely. I envisage wholesale changes in the summer, not only for the good of Derby but also the individual players. I'd like to be proven wrong but I just can't see these players turning it around...

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Right, I should of said perhaps one of the strongest on paper. Means nothing really if you don't perform...!

Someone earlier in this thread posted that we'd thrown away the last 2 seasons of progress.

I think it's much worse than that, we've also thrown away the 4 years that Nigel spent returning us to an even keel.

It was all for nothing, even if we turn it round, which seems unlikely, we still have undone all the hard work getting the club financially sound(ish), what a waste!:(

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Someone earlier in this thread posted that we'd thrown away the last 2 seasons of progress.

I think it's much worse than that, we've also thrown away the 4 years that Nigel spent returning us to an even keel.

It was all for nothing, even if we turn it round, which seems unlikely, we still have undone all the hard work getting the club financially sound(ish), what a waste!:(

What is it about owning a football club that makes otherwise financially astute, successful businessmen turn into absolute pillocks? We've lost our way completely since Mel Morris took over, and we've lost the respect we'd earned in the football world for the way we played and managed our affairs. We are turning into a bloated failing 'Billy Big ********' of a club, full of overpriced, overpaid underachievers who are on course to leave us in mid table with an impending transfer embargo come this May.

I hope Morris learns lessons from the mess this season has become. He needs to appoint someone with a solid proven managerial track record, a real leader, he needs to leave them alone to do the job and stay out of the dressing room unless invited in, and he needs to keep his wallet firmly shut unless it's for a player that adds real quality and value to the squad. 

I want my old Derby County back, the one that had a team that would fight to the death for each other and was respected up and down the country for the football it played. Get it sorted Mel!

Archived