Season over?

Posh Ram

Patience and not wanting the manager out quickly through a patch of bad performances and results is fostered primarily by the fact that the said manager is one who is proven to know his job and have been reasonably successful in the role of football manager/ head coach in the present or recent past ,, time given to fergie is always quoted as a yardstick but fergie had a proven track record as a manager, I will say it again , our overriding policy now seems to be appointing inexperienced men with zero experience of being a manager or head coach at a football club and then expecting fans to have faith and be patient?.. Never going to happen and can only ever 99.9 percent of the time be damaging to the club, the coach concerned and the fans belief / trust in the owners,,, the reason behind this policy is my biggest worry now, up until a few days ago I thought people having concerns over mm was total utter madness , now I don't know wtf is going on

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Not heard the post match interview but went to the game, sat there mostly silent utterly depressed with what was going on below.

Most entertaining thing was the bloke that kept standing up with his arms in the air calling the ref a numpty. 

4-4-2 for those that have been wanting it, you've had it, wasn't the magic formula after all was it?

We don't have the players for it, simple as that.

I still don't have a clue what we were playing when Weimann came on. Probably best I don't know as whatever it was we only got worse.

We've gone from the Derby way to Clement's way and now Wassall's way, I'm hoping he doesn't persevere with this strange mix of possession based long balls.

Looked like we are heading away from the Derby way even more. 

Saying that, he's had one game. Forget Ipswich, he's had one game and without Thorne who I saw stroll through the Toyota suite with his hair looking perfect as ever, no sign of a hobble or pain so I'm hoping he's back now and we return to a formation that suits us.

As for season over behave yourselves, the season isn't over until May and whilst we are in relegation form we still have games to play to turn it around and the players that are more than capable.

No point in crying for a experienced manager, Pearson, Billy D or whoever, Wassall is getting a chance wether you like it or not. 

Not saying we should all sit here with huge grins and clapping brainlessly away but it's time to be supporters and support the team and Wassall.

On to the next one we go.

If the chairman doesn't give the managers time to implement their ideas why should the fans?

If the chairman thinks it's acceptable to enter the dressing room afterwards to make his feelings known, again why not the fans ?

We supported the team, and some of us were happy with the progress we made, if we feel this is a huge backwards step and we are continued to be served up the dross from a manager who in 90 minutes managed to get one of the most disjointed performances from players who didn't know what they were supposed to be doing, then the support is going to waiver.

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

We won't be going anywhere near. According to finance guy yesterday, 5 or 6th highest wage bill, and transfers are over 3 years and we have only spent money in 1 year, so again, nowhere near the most in the division

Not saying that is wrong, and I know nothing about FFP, but if we were would you have expected him to say anything different? 

I know you are only quoting what was said, so this is no way a dig at you post :-)

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Not saying that is wrong, and I know nothing about FFP, but if we were would you have expected him to say anything different? 

I know you are only quoting what was said, so this is no way a dig at you post :-)

Well no, but equally, he'd make the whole club look moronic if he was as sure as this and then we ended up falling foul.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Well no, but equally, he'd make the whole club look moronic if he was as sure as this and then we ended up falling foul.

Unless the bigger plan was to manage this whilst in the premier league.

i love conspiracy theories:-D

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Season ticket income is a small part of income. 

I would gladly lose 10% of our 'fanbase' right now 

I understand, I guess my point is more concerned with momentum. A football club cannot afford just to give up on a season, fans will lose interest, confidence will drop (even further), it's not a good thing. I fully support Mel (we have to), I just think he's making a right old ricket here.

It's only Feb the season is not over until May, we all have 15 more games to support this wonderful football club, have a good craic with your mates, experience and enjoy some highs, sulk and moan with the lows. That's what it's all about isn't it? The season is over in May and we will all miss it for those horrible 2/3 months in between. 

Yes we're a shambles on and off the pitch, yes even the horrendously ran club from down the road are taking the **** but we can still enjoy it all can't we? 

I for one won't be writing us off until it's mathatically certain, anything can happen with the club we all love so much. And if we don't make the playoffs hey ho let's go through all this again next year....COYR 

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

Not heard the post match interview but went to the game, sat there mostly silent utterly depressed with what was going on below.

Most entertaining thing was the bloke that kept standing up with his arms in the air calling the ref a numpty. 

4-4-2 for those that have been wanting it, you've had it, wasn't the magic formula after all was it?

We don't have the players for it, simple as that.

I still don't have a clue what we were playing when Weimann came on. Probably best I don't know as whatever it was we only got worse.

We've gone from the Derby way to Clement's way and now Wassall's way, I'm hoping he doesn't persevere with this strange mix of possession based long balls.

Looked like we are heading away from the Derby way even more. 

Saying that, he's had one game. Forget Ipswich, he's had one game and without Thorne who I saw stroll through the Toyota suite with his hair looking perfect as ever, no sign of a hobble or pain so I'm hoping he's back now and we return to a formation that suits us.

As for season over behave yourselves, the season isn't over until May and whilst we are in relegation form we still have games to play to turn it around and the players that are more than capable.

No point in crying for a experienced manager, Pearson, Billy D or whoever, Wassall is getting a chance wether you like it or not. 

Not saying we should all sit here with huge grins and clapping brainlessly away but it's time to be supporters and support the team and Wassall.

On to the next one we go.

Blind faith is all well and good, and true most on here are genuine supporters, bit IMHO Wassell  is a very bad choice to turn things around, a very bad choice.

Being a scots Derby county fan , football can wear you right down at times ,false dawns and raised expectations dashed time after time ,,, seems now is one of those times

1 minute ago, Spacehorse said:

The season may well be over before we finally read the report of yesterday's breakfast with MM!

Probably! would it surprise you if some of the members that went dont feel like discussing the morning and some even afraid to say anything?

Even Igor Stimac is now accused of being a Mel Puppet it's a joke!!!! 

What ever is said will fall on deaf ears as the the "chosen ones" have been brainwashed by the PR machine and now controlled by Mel's strings, it's sad really as these fans forums are nothing new, the club have run numerous ones over the last couple of seasons at the ground, in pubs, these are no different just done on a much smaller scale at Moor Farm. 

Some will see this as being some secret clique now that have seen their arses and afraid to talk up against Mel but whatever, I've also written up on how members are selected and it's not the same group, those that have been previously been invited will know this.

I'll post up everything that I can remember later including the slightly heated exchange over the dressing room appearance and whack my tin hat on, written up a bit already and there's a Rammieib post that covers some other stuff. 

I'll stop now as I'm starting to rant, already getting bollocked by the missus as its Valentines Day which means something apparently.

None of this was aimed at you by the way, just a release of frustration. 

I was invited to go to Moor farm yesterday but unfortunately I couldn't make it. If I had I would have posted about how it had gone and would have gladly had a private meeting with anybody that wanted to slag me off or call me Mel's puppet. We seem to have a serious amount of pillocks on here who think anybody that tries to be positive or would want to go to a meeting with Mel is some kind brain washed fool. What is wrong with going and asking questions and then reporting back on here with what you believe to be the truth?   

55 minutes ago, Spacehorse said:

The season may well be over before we finally read the report of yesterday's breakfast with MM!

Scrambled eggs, black pudding, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and baked beans.

The black pudding was a little crunchy on the outside, but the mushrooms were superb.

15 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I was invited to go to Moor farm yesterday but unfortunately I couldn't make it. If I had I would have posted about how it had gone and would have gladly had a private meeting with anybody that wanted to slag me off or call me Mel's puppet. We seem to have a serious amount of pillocks on here who think anybody that tries to be positive or would want to go to a meeting with Mel is some kind brain washed fool. What is wrong with going and asking questions and then reporting back on here with what you believe to be the truth?   

You probably didn't see the post, but there was no criticism until one of the people at the meeting insinuated that there was a good reason for Clement's sacking that we haven't been told and he couldn't/wouldn't reveal. Everyone here is very positive towards the meetings, providing information is reported back.

2 hours ago, Anon said:

You probably didn't see the post, but there was no criticism until one of the people at the meeting insinuated that there was a good reason for Clement's sacking that we haven't been told and he couldn't/wouldn't reveal. Everyone here is very positive towards the meetings, providing information is reported back.

If he wouldn't, that is his choice. If he couldn't, that is also his choice, I doubt anybody was made to sign a contract stating what they could and could not report back on here. I doubt very much that Mel has told them something and then said "oh by the way, keep that to yourself" So that is down to the individual and not Mel or the club.

Archived