Season over?

Posh Ram

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

I'm in a state of utter confusion - I applauded Mel Morris' decision to get rid of Clement, but I assumed someone was lined up. Today, again is no surprise is it? Do people think that an individual can swap from a strategic role running an academy to managing team. ******* lunacy.

I admire almost all of what Morris has done, but I don't think he understands the balance between short and long term goals in football (or any business), you cannot simply ignore the short term, let's say we're 2,000 season tickets down next year, which is realistic. So then we're 10% down on budget, so we have left to spend and so on, it's not smart....

Season ticket income is a small part of income. 

I would gladly lose 10% of our 'fanbase' right now 

15 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Depends... We've still have the talent in the squad to sort ourselves out and put a run together its just a case of how we do it or when we pull ourselves together 

No we do not. To be honest, I cannot see where the next win will come from after the Preston and Mk Dons games.

Why do we see this every time we go through a dip in form? It's unlikely any team at this level will steamroller the league so any team will probably have a wobbly patch. When it's the Rams though the fans write the season off, write off a potential manager after one and a half games and start panicking. Threads about would a period of umbongo be a good thing?

We are rams fans and we've seen more seasons like this than not - yet once we hit a period of poor results the fans all turn on the team and the management. How about a period of reflection and optimism, try to bring a bit of positivity? 

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Why do we see this every time we go through a dip in form? It's unlikely any team at this level will steamroller the league so any team will probably have a wobbly patch. When it's the Rams though the fans write the season off, write off a potential manager after one and a half games and start panicking. Threads about would a period of umbongo be a good thing?

We are rams fans and we've seen more seasons like this than not - yet once we hit a period of poor results the fans all turn on the team and the management. How about a period of reflection and optimism, try to bring a bit of positivity? 

No I didn't turn on Clement. 

Count me out of that please. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

No I didn't turn on Clement. 

Count me out of that please. 

Would you say the atmosphere in the forum is upbeat or not? Do you think a lot of formerly quiet members are now baying for blood, be it Wassall, Mel, the players, Clement or the tea lady?

Do you think a period of reflection may prove that the situation isn't a write off yet?

Would positivity bring more than negativity?

Have people made assumptions about events they don't know the details of? And largely assumed negative things? 

You see where I'm coming from. And I named no names - more a general comment about the current atmosphere. 

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Would you say the atmosphere in the forum is upbeat or not? Do you think a lot of formerly quiet members are now baying for blood, be it Wassall, Mel, the players, Clement or the tea lady?

Do you think a period of reflection may prove that the situation isn't a write off yet?

Would positivity bring more than negativity?

Have people made assumptions about events they don't know the details of? And largely assumed negative things? 

You see where I'm coming from. And I named no names - more a general comment about the current atmosphere. 

Yes.  

What I do see is the team being told to play attractive football when we all know that is something that develops over time. 

We need to just play bloody football. 

Forget the Derby Way and youth from the academy .

If the academy players are good enough they will be in the team but not unless they are good enough .

Football is not rocket science  

I want Wassall sent back to the academy. I don't know how he got one of the biggest jobs in the championship with his CV. He has done nothing in the past to suggest he can lead a team of men. 

442 with the personnel he played is ludicrous. We had a working formation with 433 that was missing some creativity due to Clement's controlling style. Rather than stick with that and releasing the shackles he goes 442 which nobody understands their role. Ince and Johnson on wing? We have Camara not even on the bench yet is a winger. 

Russell upfront when most of the time his finishing is poor. Bent and Blackman would have been better options for 2 up top. 

Then the master stroke - his post match interview. Delighted with the effort and doing a lot of things right. We never ever looked like scoring we did very little right. When things weren't working his selection became even more odd. 

Bringing on weimann to play on the left, mental! That's when Camara should have been on. 

I can't see where our next win comes from and we were top of the league 6 weeks ago... 

(Ps fans are not to blame for the shower of ***** dished up for us, fans also have every right to lose patience when we replace one under qualified coach with another even more under qualified coach) 

One of the most bizarre post match interviews I have ever seen. 

Mead as though he was doing a video for u16 players. "Come on guys, we don't have to win every game, as long as you try your hardest that's what counts!" Despite an awful performance from every player on the pitch bar Ollson, Keogh, Carson and to some degree Christie. 

Not heard the post match interview but went to the game, sat there mostly silent utterly depressed with what was going on below.

Most entertaining thing was the bloke that kept standing up with his arms in the air calling the ref a numpty. 

4-4-2 for those that have been wanting it, you've had it, wasn't the magic formula after all was it?

We don't have the players for it, simple as that.

I still don't have a clue what we were playing when Weimann came on. Probably best I don't know as whatever it was we only got worse.

We've gone from the Derby way to Clement's way and now Wassall's way, I'm hoping he doesn't persevere with this strange mix of possession based long balls.

Looked like we are heading away from the Derby way even more. 

Saying that, he's had one game. Forget Ipswich, he's had one game and without Thorne who I saw stroll through the Toyota suite with his hair looking perfect as ever, no sign of a hobble or pain so I'm hoping he's back now and we return to a formation that suits us.

As for season over behave yourselves, the season isn't over until May and whilst we are in relegation form we still have games to play to turn it around and the players that are more than capable.

No point in crying for a experienced manager, Pearson, Billy D or whoever, Wassall is getting a chance wether you like it or not. 

Not saying we should all sit here with huge grins and clapping brainlessly away but it's time to be supporters and support the team and Wassall.

On to the next one we go.

Season over? No chance, relegation form yes, but I expect improvement and a lot of it but they are searching for the right blend with the mixed pot of players we have which is fair enough in my mind as it affects who potentially we want to keep come the summer whoever is in charge. 

Just goes to show what good player a fit will Hughes is to our prospects.

The season needn't be over. Derby County still have arguably the best squad in The Championship. Get a manager in now who is a manager, knows what he's doing and will instil discipline immediately. Nothing's certain in football or in life but if Nigel Pearson was unveiled at a press conference tomorrow I'd expect Derby County to come very close to promotion this season; but is that what Mr Morris wants? 

17 hours ago, Derbados said:

First time since the days of star paul and the three amigos, that im actually ashamed and embarrassed to be a fan of this club. We are toxic from top to bottom, a power mad chairman, seemingly thousands of players on our books on ludicrous wages who dont frankly, give a toss about Derby or where we finish, which is completely evident today. 

I absolutely fully expect a transfer embargo waiting to greet us at the end of this season, I see some very dark times ahead indeed for Derby. 

in the space of literally months, we have gone from a wonderful, sustainable club playing exciting off your seat football. To an engorged, oozing pustule of greed and deceit, shameful Derby, shameful 

Absolutely spot on, what has our club become. 

I am afraid supporting a coach clearly out of his depth is not the answer.

We needed a coach to come in straight away, to change things, not a family friend who'll continue the rot.

Top two finish is over that is 100%, I cannot see either Boro or Hull or Burnley or Brighton losing a 20 % of there final games, I cannot see us winning many with this set up.

It does prove you cannot buy the league, cash does not equate to promotion.

For all of Mel's money he cannot buy a win..............

8 minutes ago, Mills_DCFC said:

Absolutely spot on, what has our club become. 

Quoting a highly vitriolic, possibly libellous, Derbados message is the equivalent of putting your fingers through the toilet paper when wiping your backside, then cleaning your fingers with your mouth.

For anybody expecting a transfer embargo at the end of the season go back and read the rules. the earliest we could get an embargo is January. the 14-15 accounts have been assessed for FFP by the league and guess what we passed. The next assessment is in December when the 15-16 accounts are assessed.

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

For anybody expecting a transfer embargo at the end of the season go back and read the rules. the earliest we could get an embargo is January. the 14-15 accounts have been assessed for FFP by the league and guess what we passed. The next assessment is in December when the 15-16 accounts are assessed.

We won't be going anywhere near. According to finance guy yesterday, 5 or 6th highest wage bill, and transfers are over 3 years and we have only spent money in 1 year, so again, nowhere near the most in the division

Archived