Derby aiming to announce full time manager appointment in June.

Curtains

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supposedly waiting to June as Mel has enrolled for an Action Planning Course at Derby College. He hopes to get his Certificate at the end of May to impress potential candidates.

For those hard of hearing:

SUPPOSEDLY WAITING TO JUNE AS MEL HAS ENROLLED FOR AN ACTION PLANNING COURSE AT DERBY COLLEGE. HE HOPES TO GET HIS CERTIFICATE AT THE END OF MAY TO IMPRESS POTENTIAL CANDIDATES.

13 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Supposedly waiting to June as Mel has enrolled for an Action Planning Course at Derby College. He hopes to get his Certificate at the end of May to impress potential candidates.

SUPPOSEDLY WAITING TO JUNE AS MEL HAS ENROLLED FOR AN ACTION PLANNING COURSE AT DERBY COLLEGE. HE HOPES TO GET HIS CERTIFICATE AT THE END OF MAY TO IMPRESS POTENTIAL CANDIDATES.

I miss JW me.

21 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Those deaf from birth have sadly never heard written English spoken and as such find difficulty in comprehending grammar. Hope your comments were not aimed at DEL.

14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Those deaf from birth have sadly never heard written English spoken and as such find difficulty in comprehending grammar. Hope your comments were not aimed at DEL.

Oh come on down Scarlett. I don't go in for mocking disability but I do chose to use humour when someone uses their disability (and an element of abuse) in response to a legitimate challenge of FACT.

The ammount of bitching on this forum about the new manager (whoever and whenever it will be announced) are we gonna break FFP ( the accountants will sort this out) untrusting our chairman ( we are lucky to have a man who doesnt want to grind our way to the Premier league again and get our bollo0cks kicked in again ) is just incredible. Who do we think we are ? Suck it in, get behind the team, admit the football under Clement was absolute pony (which it was ....you know it and shove the stats ...the football was shambolic) And move on.We are lucky to be in the position we are now and we will get to the Premier Promised land but just have patience ( a blind man could see it was not working ) trust the chairman and above all just stop bitching... its boring . COYR

7 minutes ago, Jortat said:

The ammount of bitching on this forum about the new manager (whoever and whenever it will be announced) are we gonna break FFP ( the accountants will sort this out) untrusting our chairman ( we are lucky to have a man who doesnt want to grind our way to the Premier league again and get our bollo0cks kicked in again ) is just incredible. Who do we think we are ? Suck it in, get behind the team, admit the football under Clement was absolute pony (which it was ....you know it and shove the stats ...the football was shambolic) And move on.We are lucky to be in the position we are now and we will get to the Premier Promised land but just have patience ( a blind man could see it was not working ) trust the chairman and above all just stop bitching... its boring . COYR

You are Mel Morris and I claim my £500,000,000.

17 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I can think of three scenarios that sort of fit - 

1, Mel has a manager lined up and has announced Wassall as a smoke screen whilst he concludes the contract negotiations.

2, Mel believes that Wassall might make a very good manager and wants to give him a shot at it without the inevitable pressure that would result from a permanent appointment. If it works out he gets the job full time, if not he was only a caretaker manager anyway.

3, Mel and Clement's relationship had completely broken down and Mel had just had enough and acted in haste.

Or.......

4. Měl has realised if he puts Wassall in charge he can basically get a go at managing the team and making entirely all his own decisions to see how he does for the rest of the season. If it goes badly it's Wassall fault and if it goes well, he had a huge part in it. Pearson to come in once he's had a go

12 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Or.......

4. Měl has realised if he puts Wassall in charge he can basically get a go at managing the team and making entirely all his own decisions to see how he does for the rest of the season. If it goes badly it's Wassall fault and if it goes well, he had a huge part in it. Pearson to come in once he's had a go

Is that Mel's Croatian cousin?

20 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Pearson got a bang average team to play fast attacking football that totally dominated this league.

THEN saved them from certain relegation

Can you imagine what he could do with the quality of players we have here at the moment.

So what if he's a bit of a nutter, can you all remember when Cloughie puched a fan on the touchline?, slated top commentators live on tv? 

Do any of you lot think any less of clough? (remembering he did this at forest)

I'd have Pearson in a heart beat, who else is there, Rowett?, maybe but birmingham don't play that style wanted by Mel.

Moyes?,Rogers?, PLEASE, like they are going to come to derby.

You seem to have edited out the part where he managed them into the relegation zone in the Premiership in the first place.  

Overall there is no doubt he did a very fine job however.  on the other hand, he's clearly not a pleasant man with issues...and he certainly wouldn't be my choice, nor do i think he will be Mel's

But then i have a long history of being wrong when making predictions, so what do i know? 

I feel as though we're letting go of this season the same Forest did when they got rid of King Bill-eh.  At the time they'd just dropped out of the play offs and went with that Brazil guy, but if Psycho had grown some balls and gone in there straight  away instead of waiting until after his "World Cup commitments" the equivalent new manager bounce he gave them at the start of last season would've had them easily in the play offs with us.  

Archived