Derby aiming to announce full time manager appointment in June.

Curtains

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the guy is a bit of a dick. But he did a great job at leicester. Other then the first 6 months of the prem season of course.

Infact for the majority of the team leciester have now were his signings wern't they? Look where they are right now.

I get his personality can be questioned but i would accept the appointment.

One good Omen.

It was a Pearson that got us to the big time last time ;)

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

whY not as he knows how to get teams up but also spot decent players and he also spotted lecester leading goal score in the premership.

Scored 5 in 34 games under Pearson though... Then when Pearson leaves he starts banging in goals...

Simple question: Why June?

Why is it going to take us this long to appoint someone? I don't get it. We're a big club in a great position. The lift from the new manager (the RIGHT new manager) could propel us straight to the PL! Why do we have to wait until the summer? 

Pearson got a bang average team to play fast attacking football that totally dominated this league.

THEN saved them from certain relegation

Can you imagine what he could do with the quality of players we have here at the moment.

So what if he's a bit of a nutter, can you all remember when Cloughie puched a fan on the touchline?, slated top commentators live on tv? 

Do any of you lot think any less of clough? (remembering he did this at forest)

I'd have Pearson in a heart beat, who else is there, Rowett?, maybe but birmingham don't play that style wanted by Mel.

Moyes?,Rogers?, PLEASE, like they are going to come to derby.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Why is it going to take us this long to appoint someone? I don't get it. We're a big club in a great position. The lift from the new manager (the RIGHT new manager) could propel us straight to the PL! Why do we have to wait until the summer? 

FFP?

Think he may also be placed on gardening leave by Leicester.

Not happy with wassall till end of season with no experience as manager in this league would be better to get someone in Asap look what happened to forest last season when they put their under 21 man in charge. Think this is now out season over but will I renew season ticket I sure will roll on new season I like the championship better anyway 

5 minutes ago, Duracell said:

FFP?

Think he may also be placed on gardening leave by Leicester.

That would make sense if it was going to be Pearson, but what if its not. What if its Rodgers/Moyes? Why would they have to wait till June?

I don't understand why people seem to think that leaving the job with the academy director until the end of the season, when there's still SO much to play for, is a good idea. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

That would make sense if it was going to be Pearson, but what if its not. What if its Rodgers/Moyes? Why would they have to wait till June?

I don't understand why people seem to think that leaving the job with the academy director until the end of the season, when there's still SO much to play for, is a good idea. 

Well if it was Rodgers, it would certainly make sense. He's categorically said he won't take a job before next season.

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I can only assume that we're right up against FFP and can't afford anyone until then. 

No offence to Wassall he might end up taking us up but we're 5th at the moment with plenty of time make a run on the top 2, seems quite frankly ridiculous not to employ an out of work proven manager at this level... 

I wonder what happens if Wassall takes us up. Surely he'd deserve a go at it? I thought he spoke well and clearly had passion for the club during the forum, and he's doing a good job with the u21s.

Annoying it seems like we're writing this season off, if the club want to sell season tickets theyre not doing a good job at making fans want to part with cash. I brought mine this year thinking the team I've put money into the past 20 odd years would be going for promotion. Let's hope the club are just playing down our intentions to the media. 

Archived