Derby aiming to announce full time manager appointment in June.

Curtains

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting to June could be because of FFP, could also be because the preferred replacement is out of contract at the end of the year, or it could all be ********. 

A Foxes fan I know says that Pearson is definitely on gardening leave and still being paid by Leicester and so contractually can't sign at the moment

Rogers please , could well be ,, maybe Mel has asked him to look at what he is doing at Derby ,the academy is going to be amongst the top in Europe , maybe he has told him his vision for Derby and he has promised to back him to the hilt financially if he will commit long term to build a team playing attractive football and competing for Europe , could Derby take the capacity of the pro up and with the prem money and mels backing not be as potent as say a spurs chasing top 4 spots or Leicester ,,, Rogers says he is off till summer to recharge and then looking for the right job but doesn't have to be a top 4 club? We at our stage  with our owner might just be what he is looking for 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Simple question: Why June?

Why is it going to take us this long to appoint someone? I don't get it. We're a big club in a great position. The lift from the new manager (the RIGHT new manager) could propel us straight to the PL! Why do we have to wait until the summer? 

Because some bright spark in the DM has been doing calendars this week in class and they've put some information together - Mel says that Daz is here until the end of the season; the season finishes after the Play offs at the end of May; the month after May is June.

So June it is

Pearson certainly divides opinion.... Some people think he's a bit of a t**t... the rest think he's a complete t**t!  :mellow:

(I'll get my coat)

In all seriousness, I'm not worried about Wassall having a stab at it. Has as much experience as PC did of full first team management and I'm sure if we'd poached Arsenal's or any other big club's Academy Director then we might be salivating; just as many were about getting Real Madrid's #2.  Who is to say he won't be a managerial genius. Every manager is a gamble and you just never know. Give it a chance. Stop worrying.

Deffo gonna support Wassell, he needs it with it being until the end of the season. 

Pearson would be good for us at this level, a lot of foxes supporters think highly of him and a lot of the players he had say they were sad to see him go, and I think his antics were more of an act than him being himself tbh, the fan altercation was a bit iffy, but when you've got some clown screaming obscenities at you week in week out your bound to lose your temper eventually.

This whole thing is a complete ******* farse. Why wouldn't we get a manager in now if they're available? 

What are we gaining by leaving it until pre season? 

Yeah yeah I get it you don't want us to target going straight up this season, but why would you not give us the best chance anyway? 

I think we're the only team in history that has a good chance of going up but are doing everything in our power to not do so. 

Archived