Derby aiming to announce full time manager appointment in June.

Curtains

Was all this done with no thought whatsoever? That's how it comes across. There are a lot of games left and points to play for and it would be quite possible for us to put a run together and be promoted. But it seems as if we've written off the season. If we already have someone in place for next year, what happens to Wassall if he takes us up before then? If we can't afford to bring someone in because of FFP then the sensible thing to do would have been to give Clement more time to see if he came good by season end. Again, if there was no plan in place for Clement's succession, there's nothing lost by keeping him on and it was surely madness to sack him with no idea of what comes next. Everyone says Mel is a brilliant businessman but the last few days have been nothing short of shambolic.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love threads like this - the hysterical 50% of the fanbase can work themselves up into a frenzy with their hilarious indignation.

The reason why I hope there are no denials?

We'd have four months of comedic hand-wringing to watch. Is there that much popcorn in the world?

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Was all this done with no thought whatsoever? That's how it comes across. There are a lot of games left and points to play for and it would be quite possible for us to put a run together and be promoted. But it seems as if we've written off the season. If we already have someone in place for next year, what happens to Wassall if he takes us up before then? If we can't afford to bring someone in because of FFP then the sensible thing to do would have been to give Clement more time to see if he came good by season end. Again, if there was no plan in place for Clement's succession, there's nothing lost by keeping him on and it was surely madness to sack him with no idea of what comes next. Everyone says Mel is a brilliant businessman but the last few days have been nothing short of shambolic.

I can think of three scenarios that sort of fit - 

1, Mel has a manager lined up and has announced Wassall as a smoke screen whilst he concludes the contract negotiations.

2, Mel believes that Wassall might make a very good manager and wants to give him a shot at it without the inevitable pressure that would result from a permanent appointment. If it works out he gets the job full time, if not he was only a caretaker manager anyway.

3, Mel and Clement's relationship had completely broken down and Mel had just had enough and acted in haste.

Judging by the reactions on the forum to mels interview, one reason for not appointing quickly is the difficulty in explaining the priority to the candidates. 

"So,  xxx how do you think you'll achieve our objectives "

"With this squad? No problem boss - we'll be up next season for defo"

"No no, I mean the Derby Way?"

"Come again? You mean you want us up this season? "

"Of course not! I only want us up after we've played everyone twice in a season and produced quick passing based football, with lots of 3rd man runs and triangles on all occasions "

"Ok no problem. Can I buy Barcelona? "

"I rather thought you might use Chrissy and Co. Plus some of the lads from the academy. Only the ones who understand the Derby Way of course"

"The what? Oh you mean guaranteed promotion..."

(Continues ad infinitum)......

12 minutes ago, davenportram said:

what? Pearson? Whose had no links with Forest ever? Or the person who made the picture.

Yes Pearson he's reddog FACT. 

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

you mean

"Yes, Pearson. He's a reddog. This has no bearing with reality but if I type fact in capital letters it makes it true"

Although congratulations on the correct use of an apostrophe.

See you at it again. Firstly my FIRST LANGUAGE IS BSL FOR GODS SAKE. NOW GET LOST 

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I've watched Pearson in the infamous interviews back again last night and they are very funny.  It did seem like the reporters were being ***** with him tho as well.  A bit like when they keep asking LVG about when he's getting the sack at the moment hahaha

5 minutes ago, nookiebear said:

I've watched Pearson in the infamous interviews back again last night and they are very funny.  It did seem like the reporters were being ***** with him tho as well.  A bit like when they keep asking LVG about when he's getting the sack at the moment hahaha

The Pat Murphy one is best, how anyone can criticise Pearson for that one is ridiculous, Murphy went there looking to wind him up and failed miserably. which is why I think he was putting a lot of it on, because if he was an angry bloke on a short fuse he'd have seen ostriches and lost it.. 

Archived