Deadline Day

thekingofbuxton

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obvious that Villa have accepted that they are going to be relegated, otherwise how do you explain how a club that's 10 points from safety doesn't use the one chance they have between now and the end of the season to give themselves a lifeline and just as importantly, give some hope, no matter how little, to their suffering fans!

8 hours ago, Yani P said:

Karanka on and basically saying he is glad they lost the last two games in a way as it meant they bought Rhodes and he reckons they would not have otherwise

Steward's Inquiry required?

13 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Totally disagree if you offset that spending by the fees received from Shackell and potentially 6-7 million quid from Danny Ings then you're talking about a net spend of about 3-4 million, no where near our levels of spending 

How about offsetting the values of Hughes and Bryson against our spending then?

15 hours ago, Squid said:

Just in case anyone didn't see these or doesn't use twitter, these were the highlight of the night. Really dreadful deadline day. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You haven't understood G Star. All our main competitors do everything better than us. Better signings, more effective, more bottle, better managed, better players, better coached, better owners etc.

reckon Rhodes could turn out to be Boro's Bent - will score goals but will disrupt their overall system more.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You haven't understood G Star. All our main competitors do everything better than us. Better signings, more effective, more bottle, better managed, better players, better coached, better owners etc.

You forgot better fans

58 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I honestly didn't realise that we had sold either of them, how much did we get combined?

I believe he's referring to the insurance payouts for their injuries.  

Which, insurance companies being the generous sort, is sure to be to the tune of millions - covering both transfer fees and wages for 3 to 4 years - for an injury type that rules a player out for roughly 1 season of football and each club generally averages one every other season.

Apparently not many teams take out this insurance, so obviously these multi-million pound payouts are made out of the goodness of the heart of these insurance company's shareholders...

1 minute ago, ClaretMatt said:

I believe he's referring to the insurance payouts for their injuries.  

Which, insurance companies being the generous sort, is sure to be to the tune of millions - covering both transfer fees and wages for 3 to 4 years - for an injury type that rules a player out for roughly 1 season of football and each club generally averages one every other season.

Apparently not many teams take out this insurance, so obviously these multi-million pound payouts are made out of the goodness of the heart of these insurance company's shareholders...

Watch this bit, its about 5 mins long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVVh8yMu_HI&feature=youtu.be&t=1h2m57s

13 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Some throwaway comment about covered for replacements in terms of FFP.

But as I said, insurance companies are well known for their generosity so I'm sure they'll happily cover multi-million pound transfer fees and multi-million pound wage packets over 3 or 4 years for a not uncommon injury that generally keeps players out for 1 season of football.  It's a solid business plan.

I mean.... Rod Fanni :p

Archived