Deadline Day

thekingofbuxton

6 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

If Weimann goes out on loan, it will just go to show how much money we have wasted this season. 

Exactly if we'd not wasted money on weimann and johnson we wouldn't have had to shop in the bargain basement for Blackman. Just unreal to look at the players our competitors might have for relatively the same money we have spent. Boro - downing, nuggent, rhodes? Burnley - gray, tarrowski, judge.

bad season for spending, the money we have spent if we had spent more time looking at recruitment we may well have got much better. Also not 100% but won't this affect the next few season ffp? So we will struggle to add any players next season(unless of course a miracle happens and we get promoted)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rampage said:

Exactly SR - a miracle. :D

A miracle would be winning every game until the end of the season, to be honest I don't even care if we're playing Champ football next season. I really enjoy the Champ, I just want the players to turn up play in a way that generates even the slightest amount of positivity on this forum so I can enjoy coming on here again. 

Think the biggest error this season is PC has tried to make his own team with all the signings(hence why we have had to try and get players on the cheap) rather than just buying a few top class players to a good team we already had that had just lost complete confidence.

Our recruitment has been entirely hit and miss. We could have saved ourselves £13m and got players in on loan instead. Our lack of movement in the loan market has been nothing short of disastrous. We could have sat on that money and then actually spent it far more wisely. Yes it's Mel's money. But let's get serious here, at some point things take a turn and the club and it's fans pay. 

So much for this talk of investment in youth. Mason Bennett given a 5 game run would be more useful than Russell, Blackman, Camara and Weimann. Hanson would have done a better job at the Johnson role than Johnson. 

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

I asked a Sunderland fan yesterday if he would rather win 6 games in the Prem or 20 in the Championship. He said  - 20 in the Championship

and I completely agree. Obviously if I could be promised that if Derby got promoted they'd be a top half team for a good amount of time I'd take it, but let's be honest we'd probably come straight back down. 

47 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

and I completely agree. Obviously if I could be promised that if Derby got promoted they'd be a top half team for a good amount of time I'd take it, but let's be honest we'd probably come straight back down. 

Be a painful season but quids in for four years.

3 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Burnley spending ridiculous considering Dyche criticism....

Lowton 1.5m

Darikwa 500k

Gray 6 rising to 9m

Tarkowski 3 rising to 6m

Hennings 1.5m

Long 1m

Not far off us at all.

And Boro will have spent more than us when Rhodes is announced 

Surely not?! 

Dyche has to take the kit home and wash it because they are so far behind the "market leaders"

Archived