Clement

leemark

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

They called it when Mel Morris went in changing rooms didn't they? 

Well, they didn't "call it". Someone saw him go in and told them. The major point of their story was that Mel Morris raged, something we have ZERO evidence of. 

Two wins and the world will seem a whole lot rosier. There's seemingly a lot of arrggghhhhh posting at the moment. Chill, keep the faith and I don't think Clement is in trouble unless we end February without pickng up, at which point it seems we might collapse again. Even then, the sack the manager route is so tedious and appart from the odd relegation battle doesn't usually achieve that much.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

It achieved Stevie Mac - that was (mostly) fun.

Yeah but Nige had been with us for 4 or almost 4 years. he was one of the longest serving managers in the country! 

There is huge pressure on the head coach within the next few weeks as he taken a generally free flowing attacking side and defensively weak side and reduced the risk at the back line whilst reducing the attacking momentum, now is that the coach at work or are we just missing the sad loss of Hughes and the hugely underrated Forsyth ( Bryson was largely missing last season anyway) or is it that the new recruits need time or are not fit for our purpose as some transfers simply do not work out?

i think we should beat and beat well the defensively disorganised teams but we will struggle with the organised sides as we generally don't create enough genuine chances currently in those games, as for the better teams beating hull away was very positive but so far that has been the only one that looked good.

i look forward with optimism but not expectation 

Just now, DCFC1976 said:

Didn't Mel Morris say on the talk in and fans forum that Clement would be here next season even if we don't go up?!

Yep. 

5 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

Didn't Mel Morris say on the talk in and fans forum that Clement would be here next season even if we don't go up?!

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yep. 

I think there were certain conditions laid out at the time though, "progress" being one of them. If we end up in a complete mess then I can't imagine Mel will see that as progress.

Just now, martin said:

I think there were certain conditions laid out at the time though, "progress" being one of them. If we end up in a complete mess then I can't imagine Mel will see that as progress.

Nah, but I seriously doubt we'll end up in a serious mess. I mean, if we can't even remain competitive I wouldn't defend Clement, but as of right now I think we will be competitive. 

What makes me laugh is how most people's attitude has changed.

Before the Hull game nobody rated Hendrick and it was all about Johnson. Wich was a joke as Hendrick had been making positive impacts as a substitute.

The Hull game was our best performance as a team this season and the midfield three of Thorne, Butterfield and Hendrick out classed one of the best midfields in the championship.

A few (me included) wanted to keep the midfield the same and build on that. But were called crazy as most thought Johnson was the best midfielder we've got (potentially based on the price tag). 

The change was made and we've failed to hit those heights again.

Now everyone is blaming Clement for not making the changes, however most people on here would have done exactly as Clement has done.

Clement obviously sees something in the Thorne, Butterfield and Johnson team and I'm just hoping that they start getting results.

We do have quality players here, just not being allowed to express themselves.

The free flowing footie we watched for 18 mths under Mac has disappeared. Yes, we have got some new players in, but I would argue they are good enough for this division, they are not gelling as a team, we play silly backward passes when a forward pass would suffice, we release the ball far too slowly when we do go forward. 

These things are down to the coach to sort out, my only worry is concerns if he can actually do it, he is an example  - how many games have we actually played well for 90 minutes this season? Wolves maybe Hull?

Well, that is not many games from 30 played so far this season.

As for he is not under pressure to get promotion this season, I beg to differ, Mel said what he said at the start of the season because that's the PR talk, talks any pressure off Paul Clement from press and fans. Behind the scenes, I do think there is a different story going on - why would you spend £20 odd million on new players this season if you really had no ambition to get promotion this season, yes I know we lost Hughes and Bryson early doors. But we could have managed without millions been spent this season, if it was only a season for PC to settle in ....see how we get on with the current team, see what needs improving and make those changes  this summer ready for a promotion push next season.

No, I do believe the pressure is on.

Ask yourself are we really any better than this time last season?

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

We do have quality players here, just not being allowed to express themselves.

The free flowing footie we watched for 18 mths under Mac has disappeared. Yes, we have got some new players in, but I would argue they are good enough for this division, they are not gelling as a team, we play silly backward passes when a forward pass would suffice, we release the ball far too slowly when we do go forward. 

These things are down to the coach to sort out, my only worry is concerns if he can actually do it, he is an example  - how many games have we actually played well for 90 minutes this season? Wolves maybe Hull?

Well, that is not many games from 30 played so far this season.

As for he is not under pressure to get promotion this season, I beg to differ, Mel said what he said at the start of the season because that's the PR talk, talks any pressure off Paul Clement from press and fans. Behind the scenes, I do think there is a different story going on - why would you spend £20 odd million on new players this season if you really had no ambition to get promotion this season, yes I know we lost Hughes and Bryson early doors. But we could have managed without millions been spent this season, if it was only a season for PC to settle in ....see how we get on with the current team, see what needs improving and make those changes  this summer ready for a promotion push next season.

No, I do believe the pressure is on.

Ask yourself are we really any better than this time last season?

Ask myself? What do I know? Just a fan with the use of the internet. I'd like to ask the players who were here last year what they think. 

I still have faith in him right or wrong. I like his honesty and his knowledge of the game (Well what appears he's knowledgeable). I think he is the man to take us forward I think he's learning from his mistake and he sees his mistakes. Fair enough with Johnson he may need replacing but IMO we are just not attacking with intention.

The amount of times we have 0 players in the box and we have the chance to break or pick a good pass and the players control the ball and go back due to no options is frightening. Will always remind me of McLaren brilliant football up until Brummies away we screwed up a lead and changed our style of play never looked out the races after that. I think we need to give players the freedom maybe higher line and play in 'Triangles' like we used too. 

Hughes might be the key!

Archived