Clement

leemark

16 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

- Brain dump alert - 

Option 1 - We could sack Clement, it seems obvious he hasn't a clue, and replace him with someone so good at management they're currently unemployed.

Option 2 - We stick with him, and accept that the hand he's been dealt wasn't as good as we thought, and there's a mental weakness inherent in the current squad.

Option 3 - The squad isn't the problem, just Clements lack of experience as a No.1 , and write this season off as a learning curve, give him another 17 games of experience this season before making a final judgement sometime in his 2nd year, in the hope the talent Ancelotti obviously saw in him bears fruit.

Put as simply as that it has to be option 3.

That said looking at some of our recent judgements then he'll be gone in the morning!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Clement is a potentially good manager. I think Clement has taken too much on in a first job, he can't deal with the large squad or get a load of relative strangers to be cohesive. We look clueless, absolutely no one has a clue what to do and they all moan at each other on the pitch.

We've not played well all season, now the confidence is rocked we are being exposed. No more pieces of individual brilliance to save us, no more fighting spirit. Just 11 guys playing ad-hoc football going through the motions.

6 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I think Clement is a potentially good manager. I think Clement has taken too much on in a first job, he can't deal with the large squad or get a load of relative strangers to be cohesive. We look clueless, absolutely no one has a clue what to do and they all moan at each other on the pitch.

We've not played well all season, now the confidence is rocked we are being exposed. No more pieces of individual brilliance to save us, no more fighting spirit. Just 11 guys playing ad-hoc football going through the motions.

I reckon he may well make a good manager, possibly having learned some harsh lessons here. I don't see him being able to turn this around though. Really hope I'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, needles said:

I reckon he may well make a good manager, possibly having learned some harsh lessons here. I don't see him being able to turn this around though. Really hope I'm wrong.

I feel the same, he's a nice guy. I kinda feel bad for him.

It seems we have picked the wrong type of personality rather than poor players. I just don't get the impression this lot are prepared to take responsibility and make things happen, Good teams are busting a gut to support each other with and without the ball.

Players in possession should be spoilt for choice. Too often they find themselves staring at backs.

The snappy first time passing which made us good is only possible if you are close together, both positionally and in spirit.

The longer that we leave it, the longer it will take to get right.

It is not the quality of the players

It is not the formation

It is the relationships within the Club, I think?

We lost one in 19 so we were fine until boxing Day

Something happened?

The slide began

The slide continues

1 hour ago, JayRam1 said:

Mel Morris has got to take some of the blame too the recruitment has been shocking! Says it all when most people want Bryson and hendrick in the middle when we've just broke our transfer record on two new midfielders. Also appointing an inexperienced coach and a number two who ain't got no coaching expierence in Phillips. Questions have really got to be asked now!

Yes, spot on.

I feel very sorry for PC. His ambition, decency, honesty, intelligence and pedigree were not, and I doubt ever will be, sufficient credentials for this job.

I fear he lacks the 'bigness', the repartee, the chutzpah to dig players out of a hole who are not as talented as the ones he has coached before. If I am right, this analysis did not require hindsight to become evident - someone chose to try and bang an unseasoned round peg into a square hole. The important question is why? Why did we not go for a manager who had proved himself to have the right qualities for this league and this level of playing ability?

That question needs to be answered honestly, Meantime I wish PC well - it's not all his fault.

Moreover where might old bighead have been without Peter Taylor? Management is a team game, and when I see PC standing all game alone near the touchline, I wonder about his management team too.

Now onto important things. Why is Christianity taking a hammering? Who is going to lead us out of the EU? Has America seen through Mr Trump? Why were engines as unreliable as a Triumph Stag's specified for our destroyers?

Mm, let's get back to the football, it's easier.

9 minutes ago, Half fan said:

Now onto important things. Why is Christianity taking a hammering? Who is going to lead us out of the EU? Has America seen through Mr Trump? Why were engines as unreliable as a Triumph Stag's specified for our destroyers?

1. Not enough profit in it

2. Boris

3. No, they just sensed that Cruz has more genuine evil, Trump's evil is just for show.

4. Great ideas ruined by poor construction and corner cutting

7 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

which bit? 

so we would have sacked Stevie if we won the league you think? 

and if sticking with a manager was the be all and end all then Crewe and Exeter would be in the Champions League.

Had we won the league the circumstances he created would not have arisen.

Why would they be in the Champions League, that is a bit of a daft thing to say? As you mentioned it I am guessing that the continuity with their managers (Tidsdale & Gradi) gave them some success bearing in mind the size of the clubs. In Gradi's case he created a youth set-up which was the envy of many clubs in this country.

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

you might be getting just what you asked for... Rubbish. not being able to beat a team as bad as that.. pathetic.

you know what? after last night the patience is definitely wearing thin, and i'm a patient kind of chap.

If all PC can say is "We need to keep going" and "We went up a place" then it's looking like he doesn't have a clue.

Is my @MuespachRam supporters club badge in the post?

6 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

you know what? after last night the patience is definitely wearing thin, and i'm a patient kind of chap.

If all PC can say is "We need to keep going" and "We went up a place" then it's looking like he doesn't have a clue.

Is my @MuespachRam supporters club badge in the post?

On its way...sorry for the delay-high demand 

Archived