Clement

leemark

On 1/29/2016 at 22:23, Warren Hobhead said:

No. But he needs results and fast. Because even when we were winning, we were doing it in turgid fashion. It's the knock-on effect of splashing the cash = expectations. 

Turgid, best description yet. Would I take a turgid win tonight? i most certainly would. We do not need a flaccid performance.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ashz09 said:

I still have faith in him right or wrong. I like his honesty and his knowledge of the game (Well what appears he's knowledgeable). I think he is the man to take us forward I think he's learning from his mistake and he sees his mistakes. Fair enough with Johnson he may need replacing but IMO we are just not attacking with intention.

The amount of times we have 0 players in the box and we have the chance to break or pick a good pass and the players control the ball and go back due to no options is frightening. Will always remind me of McLaren brilliant football up until Brummies away we screwed up a lead and changed our style of play never looked out the races after that. I think we need to give players the freedom maybe higher line and play in 'Triangles' like we used too. 

Hughes might be the key!

When the manager and team just start chasing results which is what Mcclaren started to do, then we epically fail. It's good to build a strong defence but we need to start play entertaining Derby football if we want to get out the division. Guaranteed that's what Mel wants to see too. Whether it's personnel formation change captain change, PC needs to figure it out fast. 

As for Hughes the latest update was just daft - essentially he's making good progress we have no idea when he will be back, but he will play a part - it couldn't get more vague than that. 

He better be under pressure, if not why not.?

The next run of games will sort it all out though, we don't play anyone that we shouldn't be getting maximum points against  now until practically Easter, it is a really easy run in for us.

Don't kid yourself, if we don't get promoted then Clement will be gone and rightly so.

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He better be under pressure, if not why not.?

The next run of games will sort it all out though, we don't play anyone that we shouldn't be getting maximum points against  now until practically Easter, it is a really easy run in for us.

Don't kid yourself, if we don't get promoted then Clement will be gone and rightly so.

Why do you keep saying that? Instant success in one season is not what PC and Mel signed up for.

Let's look at the situation Clement found himself in when he took over at Derby.

One of the best squads outside of the Premiership with an owner willing to wave his cheque book around.

Failure to finish in the top two would have to be seen as disappointing. Clement has practically said as much.

Failure to finish in the top six would be a failure the size of which I have not seen at Derby since that season in the Prem.

Irrespective of league positions, how many games has Clement had fans on the edge of their seats? We seem to play with little endeavor or industry. Poor signings, overpaying for players, playing players out of position and rumours (although they are just rumours) of dressing room unharmony. Add to that a visit from our owner to the dressing room and it all suggests to me that there are problems.

I don't like what Derby have turned into this season. We have lost our identity. Neutrals will likely look at Derby in the same way that we looked at QPR when they were effectively trying to buy success.

I won't be surprised or disappointed for that matter if Clement were to be giving his marching orders.

I have read a lot of nonsense on hear about Nigel Pearson but someone of that ilk would be my first choice.

Maybe Clement has bitten off a little more than he can chew.

1 minute ago, storm said:

Let's look at the situation Clement found himself in when he took over at Derby.

One of the best squads outside of the Premiership with an owner willing to wave his cheque book around.

Failure to finish in the top two would have to be seen as disappointing. Clement has practically said as much.

Failure to finish in the top six would be a failure the size of which I have not seen at Derby since that season in the Prem.

Irrespective of league positions, how many games has Clement had fans on the edge of their seats? We seem to play with little endeavor or industry. Poor signings, overpaying for players, playing players out of position and rumours (although they are just rumours) of dressing room unharmony. Add to that a visit from our owner to the dressing room and it all suggests to me that there are problems.

I don't like what Derby have turned into this season. We have lost our identity. Neutrals will likely look at Derby in the same way that we looked at QPR when they were effectively trying to buy success.

I won't be surprised or disappointed for that matter if Clement were to be giving his marching orders.

I have read a lot of nonsense on hear about Nigel Pearson but someone of that ilk would be my first choice.

3 posts in and already getting a like from Meuspach. You need to cheer up!

15 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

If Mel sacks Clement this season (highly doubtful) then I completely give up on the man.

17 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Why do you keep saying that? Instant success in one season is not what PC and Mel signed up for.

So, you genuinely think that if we finish 8th this season that they won't sack Clement? You are in a an absolute fantasy land, they sacked Stevie for finishing 8th with a much poorer squad and playing much better football.

Just now, MuespachRam said:

So, you genuinely think that if we finish 8th this season that they won't sack Clement? You are in a an absolute fantasy land, they sacked Stevie for finishing 8th with a much poorer squad and playing much better football.

Not getting promoted and finishing 8th are not the same thing. If we finished 8th without some extraordinary circumstance causing it, he would get sacked. 

6 minutes ago, storm said:

I have read a lot of nonsense on here about Nigel Pearson but someone of that ilk would be my first choice.

I can't argue with the bit in bold.

9 minutes ago, storm said:

New poster fires opening salvo in controversial tripe war - colour me surprised.

4 minutes ago, storm said:

Most of that you state could be put down to Mel/Evans/Rush's fault too.

I doubt I'll be renewing next year anyway but if we sack PC and turn into this instant success craving club we said we wouldn't then I'll be pretty ****** off. 

It'll be nice to get promoted if we ever do but it's not the be all and end all for me. For Mel it might be as what he's doing for us is not sustainable at this level and that's where the pressure has come from. 

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Martin was free and has bagged 20 goals in each of his last 2 seasons, do you not think the problem may lie elsewhere?

Already answered previously re Martin being free. Yes I know he is the leading goal scorer for the last two seasons  

The problem may well lie elsewhere and it may be all or any of the things mentioned on the forum but the fact is that he is not playing very convincingly at the moment. 

57 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Completely depends on the circumstances. Finishing 8th alone wouldn't be enough for me to want him gone. I don't believe that's how you build a successful time. Clement is our man, let's give him a proper chance. 

And McClaren wasn't sacked for finishing 8th, it was the other (non) stories that got him sacked. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Completely depends on the circumstances. Finishing 8th alone wouldn't be enough for me to want him gone. I don't believe that's how you build a successful time. Clement is our man, let's give him a proper chance. 

And McClaren wasn't sacked for finishing 8th, it was the other (non) stories that got him sacked. 

McClaren was sacked for coming 8th, do you think if we had won the league that they would have sacked him??

Ask Abramovic and the Sheiks at City how you get success.

Just now, MuespachRam said:

McClaren was sacked for coming 8th, do you think if we had won the league that they would have sacked him??

Ask Abramovic and the Sheiks at City how you get success.

Pretty narrow view on the reasons for his sacking there.

Archived