Clement

leemark

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

McClaren was sacked for coming 8th, do you think if we had won the league that they would have sacked him??

Ask Abramovic and the Sheiks at City how you get success.

It contributed, but it wasn't the main reason. They made that clear.

Manchester City have given their last two managers three seasons each. The only managers that have actually won them anything have been given plenty of time to do so. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Most of that you state could be put down to Mel/Evans/Rush's fault too.

I've said on here before, the problem isn't necessarily Clement, it's the whole decision-making process that lead to Clement being appointed and the money being spent on the the players it's been spent on.  Sorry for slipping into management speak, but there appears to be no 'joined-up thinking' going on.  It feels like Clement is trying to do one thing, the recruitment team are doing some else, Mel Morris is stood up in front of the fans telling us we're going to be playing 'the Derby way' and none of those people are actually talking to each other and trying to pull in the same direction.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Not getting promoted and finishing 8th are not the same thing. If we finished 8th without some extraordinary circumstance causing it, he would get sacked. 

Would not winning enough games count as extraordinary circumstances?

Just now, toddy said:

Would not winning enough games count as extraordinary circumstances?

No no I'm saying the only way we would finish 8th AND Clement would keep his job is if something crazy caused it... 

Like we played a game where the opposition broke 8 of our players legs, all at the same time in some sort of mental targeted attack. 

Just now, MuespachRam said:

a win tonight isn't nice it is absolutely mandatory, totally expected... it has to happen.

Why can't it be nice as well as that?

Derby County head coach Paul Clement says February is a crucial month for his promotion-chasing side.

The Rams were top of the Championship on Boxing Day, but are now seven points behind leaders Hull City and are without a league win in five matches.

Clement, whose side host Preston on Tuesday, told BBC East Midlands Today: "It's a massive month for us. We've got to have a really good, strong month.

"We are glad to see the back of January with performances and results."

Since their Boxing Day win over Fulham, Derby have lost to Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Burnley, while drawing with Leeds and Reading.

The Rams also bowed out of the FA Cup with a fourth-round defeat at Manchester United last Friday.

"We are going to try and be robust defensively," continued Clement.

"We have lost our way with our defending as a team recently. We've conceded a lot of goals.

"That wasn't a characteristic of our team in the early months and that's something we will have to get right."

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

Derby County head coach Paul Clement says February is a crucial month for his promotion-chasing side.

The Rams were top of the Championship on Boxing Day, but are now seven points behind leaders Hull City and are without a league win in five matches.

Clement, whose side host Preston on Tuesday, told BBC East Midlands Today: "It's a massive month for us. We've got to have a really good, strong month.

Since their Boxing Day win over Fulham, Derby have lost to Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Burnley, while drawing with Leeds and Reading.

The Rams also bowed out of the FA Cup with a fourth-round defeat at Manchester United last Friday.

"We have lost our way with our defending as a team recently. We've conceded a lot of goals.

"That wasn't a characteristic of our team in the early months and that's something we will have to get right."

B#llocks does this mean we are going 5-4-1 tonight!

Personally,I'm losing confidence in the guy.

Watching the team perform home and away since christmas it appears there is something badly amiss with the spirit, togetherness and purposefulness of the team. I would like someone to explain how it is that so many very good players are playing way, way below their potential at the moment. If its lack of confidence, why is it lack of confidence ?

And why is our approach so tepid, unadventurous and downright unambitious ? Why are some players, on occasion, visibly not giving it their all ?

I have watched the Rams lose badly in every division other than the bottom one, at places from LIverpool to Doncaster, Newcastle to Birmingham, Sunderland to Tottenham. I actually don't mind seeing us lose. What I mind is when we lose and we hav'nt given it a really good go, done our best, tried to support each other as a team and been positive in what we are trying to do. Its not individual player performances that are key to me : its the overall team ethos, ambition and attitude.

I do not believe that PC is at risk this season. He has plenty of time and matches to turn it around. It is in his own hands.

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

So, you genuinely think that if we finish 8th this season that they won't sack Clement? You are in a an absolute fantasy land, they sacked Stevie for finishing 8th with a much poorer squad and playing much better football.

Everryone knows why McClaren was sacked and it wasn't for finishing 8th. No idea why why you want to be so disingenuous. 

23 minutes ago, toddy said:

B#llocks does this mean we are going 5-4-1 tonight!

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Maybe try attacking, Paul? 

We tried the gung-ho approach under McClaren after Martin, Eustace and Bucko were injured in the last third of last season.

Just how many 3-3 and 4-4 draws do you want?

31 minutes ago, toddy said:

Our poor defensive displays aren't purely down to the defence. Burnley was, our midfield including wingers have been so poor recently in this respect.

13 minutes ago, sage said:

Everryone knows why McClaren was sacked and it wasn't for finishing 8th. No idea why why you want to be so disingenuous. 

as i asked, would he have been sacked if we finished top?....answer NO 100% definitely he wouldn't....he was sacked because we finished 8th.

Archived