Clement

leemark

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

as i asked, would he have been sacked if we finished top?....answer NO 100% definitely he wouldn't....he was sacked because we finished 8th.

There's plenty of scenarios where we finished 8th and McClaren could keep his job, so no, he wasn't. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, eddie said:

We tried the gung-ho approach under McClaren after Martin, Eustace and Bucko were injured in the last third of last season.

Just how many 3-3 and 4-4 draws do you want?

We don't have to go gun ho, we just need to move the ball quicker, press the opposition, create chances and goals will follow.

Alternatively we could continue what we have been doing since Boxing day and let our season collapse, it wouldn't be so bad if our performances were good and it was just bad luck in some games recently, but our performances have been awful.

Make no mistake he is under pressure.

COYR

On 29 January 2016 at 21:54, leemark said:

Is his position now under serious threat?

Yes. Or it should be. 3 games.

We've been increasingly ***** for 6 weeks. This is a very good Champ squad with £25m re-inforcement and it looks to me like the wheels have fallen off. I like Clement and he speaks well, but I'm not convinced he knows how to turn us around.

This isn't my usual form. I'm generally what we used to call  blind-faither.

Hopefully we win tonight and you can all tell me "told you so".

5 hours ago, eddie said:

All I know is this..

A couple wins and half the posters would disappear.

I think most on here would like to see both a great performance and result go hand-in-hand.

If in the next two games we get 6 points but the performances aren't great I doubt it'll satisfy what's becoming the majority.

Looking at the way some top 7 teams have acquired their points I don't give cr4p how they come. Let's just start racking them up.

I'm actually amazed that people think that there is a simple switch that can be thrown. Equally, if people perceive that to be the case, then that same simple switch must have been pressed, turned or flicked in the opposite direction, either deliberately or accidentally.

You've (collectively) even decided when it happened - but you don't quite know what or why - however, you've each got a solution. The problem is, there's very little common ground, as is evident by the tripe that was uttered on Radio Derby after the Man United game, and which has been repeated in one form or another many times since. Everyone's solution is different - and not subtly either.

I suppose, with the benefit of hindsight, we should have saved the game more often, then restored to just before it went wrong.

59 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Is that fact or just a wild guess?

is is a fact. If we had gone up he would have still been here.

One of the main reasons we didnt get promoted isn't in the squad again tonight so hopefully PC has seen that and is doing something about it.

FFS I hope we put in a performance tonight, we get a win and Chris Martin gets a couple because I'm fed up of discussing Chris Martin's form, our best midfield, the best formation and whether Clement is in possession of a clue!

45 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Finishing 7th is an improvement, still won't get us promoted.

PC will still be here next season unless we have a spectacular collapse and finish, what, lower than 10th as a guess?

you might be getting just what you asked for... Rubbish. not being able to beat a team as bad as that.. pathetic.

A shame that after six years of working with Ancelotti, Clement hasn't learned a thing about attacking football.

I can understand trying to find the right balance. But having three players playing the holding midfield role, passing at snails pace and having no pace up top or no runners beyond the CF is illogical.

Firmly in the Clement Out camp now. It would take a miracle to convince me otherwise.

We've lost everything I loved about this squad. At least last season's collapse we had a few legitimate excuses (Martin injured, Thorne injured, Eustace injured, hadn't spent 25 million). We were still scoring goals for fun and didn't slip out of the top 6 until the last day. We could potentially slip out this weekend. 

Morale seems through the floor, and clearly the instructions they're getting isn't working. 

Tonight has put me in the 'he's got to go' camp. Clueless now for 3 home games that we should have won. He can't change things. Walking forward with the ball. Passing backwards all the time. No pace in attack. No shots no excitement no entertainment. I always think it's not the result but how you play. Tonight was pathetic. If I was MM i'd change things now before it's too late.

Archived