Bent to leave?

McRamFan

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How many assists does he have this season?

Russell and Martin both have 5, Ince has 3. For comparison Gudmundsson at Charlton has the most in the league with 9, next highest is 7. Hardly like he's lagging way behind seeing as only 10 players have more than him. He's also scored 4 which makes him our 3rd highest goal threat behind Martin and Ince. 

I'm a huge fan of Johnny and will freely admit he's been underperforming of late, but who hasn't other than Butterfield and a couple of others? Just find it funny that people on here would be genuinely happy to let him go in spite of the fact that statistically he's one of our most important players.

Being called stupid and thick for my thoughts? I'm sure a few will say the same. Russell is not good enough, your blinkered because off his work rate, other than that he performs for 4 games then goes woeful. 

Top Ram is right.

I rated Russell very highly before we signed him and was delighted when we got him.

He is however very inconsistent with his performances.

My issue has always been with Derby insisting on taking a striker and playing them on the wing.

Russell scored for fun in Scotland (but then I suppose so has hooper and Commons), but I think if Russell was played up along side Martin he may score more goals (not Russell up on his own).

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Top Ram is right.

I rated Russell very highly before we signed him and was delighted when we got him.

He is however very inconsistent with his performances.

My issue has always been with Derby insisting on taking a striker and playing them on the wing.

Russell scored for fun in Scotland (but then I suppose so has hooper and Commons), but I think if Russell was played up along side Martin he may score more goals (not Russell up on his own).

I love his work rate and his passion but he really just isn't good enough, he withers kicks the ball too far in front off him or he runs with his head down into defenders, tbh he's better at defending than he is attacking, a decent offer and I'd sell him, think weimann should be in the squad over him 

28 minutes ago, TopRam said:

I love his work rate and his passion but he really just isn't good enough, he withers kicks the ball too far in front off him or he runs with his head down into defenders, tbh he's better at defending than he is attacking, a decent offer and I'd sell him, think weimann should be in the squad over him 

Not sure I agree Top. It's weimann you're describing here and weimann neither assists or scores - in fact he's missed a lot of sitters. Johnny is much more dangerous and plays with both feet. If JR was the perfect player then he wouldn't be in this league - because he has skill and speed and creates goals.  

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Not sure I agree Top. It's weimann you're describing here and weimann neither assists or scores - in fact he's missed a lot of sitters. Johnny is much more dangerous and plays with both feet. If JR was the perfect player then he wouldn't be in this league - because he has skill and speed and creates goals.  

Weimann's scored 1 less league goal in half as many starts

7 minutes ago, RESS511 said:

Weimann's scored 1 less league goal in half as many starts

he also has 0 assists to Russells 5...

I'm not saying Russell is god's gift to football just pointing out that people would happily ship him out even though his overall contribution to the team is higher than the majority in terms of scoring or creating goals. I agree he's been underperforming of late and that Weimann has not had a fair chance, Bent likewise, but for people to suggest that he's not good enough when the statistics clearly prove otherwise is laughable - he's a very useful player to have in the squad at the very least. 

Archived