Bent to leave?

McRamFan

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wixman1884 said:

I think he's going to leave to get some groceries and we're supposed to be putting our requests in here.

To DARREN:
2 bags - Wotsits
2ltr bottle - Fanta
2 egg custard tarts

Thank you.

The egg custards have to be from Birds. There aren't any others that get near them :)

30 minutes ago, richinspain said:

The egg custards have to be from Birds. There aren't any others that get near them :)

Those little lemon curd tarts too. Can we have some of those?

18 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

but the mistakes were not organisational, they were technical and mental.

Those kind of mistakes are more likely when... wait for it... a player has less time to get themselves organised...

A player with all the time in the world rarely makes mistakes... A player with very little time makes loads... Case and point would be the Burnley game where 1st half the defence looked okay(ish)... where 2nd half they pushed up and pressed higher at which point our defence had much less time and... well... you saw what happened...

45 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Those kind of mistakes are more likely when... wait for it... a player has less time to get themselves organised...

A player with all the time in the world rarely makes mistakes... A player with very little time makes loads... Case and point would be the Burnley game where 1st half the defence looked okay(ish)... where 2nd half they pushed up and pressed higher at which point our defence had much less time and... well... you saw what happened...

Keogh's own goal was in the first half, when under NO pressure, and Martin was on the pitch, not Bent.

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Interesting definition of no pressure...

keogh.JPG

that is standard defending ffs!

Why are you just arguing with me. This debate is whether Bent deserves the blame for Derby defending badly last season!

You pipe up with logical conclusions which I rubbish.

Which is it? You mentioned the second half, I point out the poor defending in the first half.... you then say this is no pressure.

25 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

that is standard defending ffs!

Why are you just arguing with me. This debate is whether Bent deserves the blame for Derby defending badly last season!

You pipe up with logical conclusions which I rubbish.

Which is it? You mentioned the second half, I point out the poor defending in the first half.... you then say this is no pressure

So here's the relevance for you... You see just there... When Grey is leaning into Keogh? That's called putting a defender under pressure... It's the type of thing which can cause defenders to make mistakes... Not always... But it does happen...

That happened only once really in the first half of the game... As Burnley seemed to mostly sit back... Which meant our defence had more time... And didn't make many mistakes...

Second half however... Burnley changed tactics... Something which I don't have to work out for myself... Their manager actually said it after the game... He said they decided to put more pressure on our defence and press higher up the pitch to try and force us into mistakes... Which happened... ALMOST like when defenders have less time they're more prone to mistakes? Ya think that might happen? Maybe?

AND FINALLY... Having a CF who can hold up the ball... Allows an outlet for pressure which is better than if you have a CF who can't hold up the ball... Is it always perfect? No... Is it slightly better? Yes...

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Have you ever watched Martin play? It's kind of one of his key attributes... 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/23438/Show/Chris-Martin

Yes I have but thanks to 'whoscored' listing 'holding onto ball' my opinion has changed. 

So many people up CM's arse. I don't buy the 'he holds the ball up' malarkey, he has a terrible first touch that is too heavy to hold the ball up and for the last 12 months his falling over hasnt done anything to buy ground.

37 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

So here's the relevance for you... You see just there... When Grey is leaning into Keogh? That's called putting a defender under pressure... It's the type of thing which can cause defenders to make mistakes... Not always... But it does happen...

That happened only once really in the first half of the game... As Burnley seemed to mostly sit back... Which meant our defence had more time... And didn't make many mistakes...

Second half however... Burnley changed tactics... Something which I don't have to work out for myself... Their manager actually said it after the game... He said they decided to put more pressure on our defence and press higher up the pitch to try and force us into mistakes... Which happened... ALMOST like when defenders have less time they're more prone to mistakes? Ya think that might happen? Maybe?

AND FINALLY... Having a CF who can hold up the ball... Allows an outlet for pressure which is better than if you have a CF who can't hold up the ball... Is it always perfect? No... Is it slightly better? Yes...

Yes, but that happens REGARDLESS of whether Bent is playing or whether Martin is playing. So it is not relevant to this debate about whether having Bent in the team is detrimental, as the pressure in question is nothing to do with which forward is playing!

Archived