Shaun Barker Testimonial

Chris Mills

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I struggle spelling names mate so for me that is easier.

I wasn't trying to take the mick mate honest - I've followed and admired the efforts you make to overcome your difficulties. was just struck by that one particular play on words and the similarity of earnie (Earnshaw) to eranio.

Apologies if any offence caused - none intended. Keep rallying the troops and all :)

Just now, SaintRam said:

Really don't approve of the term "Legends" lol. 

Carbonari, Stimac and Seth are up there, and I've always like Chris Powell, Darren Moore and Michael Johnson. The rest are very meh. Oh, don't forget Gareth Roberts.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Carbonari, Stimac and Seth are up there, and I've always like Chris Powell, Darren Moore and Michael Johnson. The rest are very meh. Oh, don't forget Gareth Roberts.

I'm not saying there aren't legends among them, but it's a handful at best. A 'Legends' team should be all Legends, we don't have that history though. At least not in a timeframe that means they can play a game of football lol 

There are plenty of players in this current squad, some who haven't even been here long, I hold in far higher regard than many of the players in that team.

Should have just called it the Barker XI or something. 

Just now, ossieram said:

They're hardly going to put "Legends and a few other ex players that have a bit of time on their hands" They'll all get a cheer from me tonight.

Totally, i just would have refrained from using the term at all personally. But it's not much of a complaint, just made me cringe a little.

It's all a good cause, and even the non-legends are fairly popular figures, hope everyone enjoys themselves. 

Also, i thought Gary Rowett was involved?

23 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Really don't approve of the term "Legends" lol. 

22 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

'legends' is perhaps an over used phrase in this context for some of these. 

22 minutes ago, Srg said:

One man's "legend" is another man's journeyman. From that list I'd have picked as stand-out players for the club:

• Michael Forsyth
  • Igor Stimac
  • Seth Johnson
  • Marco Gabiiadini

Honorable mentions to Tommy Johnson and Chris Powell. Some on there I wish had never played for us!

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

One man's "legend" is another man's journeyman. From that list I'd have picked as stand-out players for the club:

• Michael Forsyth
  • Igor Stimac
  • Seth Johnson
  • Marco Gabiiadini

Honorable mentions to Tommy Johnson and Chris Powell. Some on there I wish had never played for us!

I do not disagree. 

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

A correct use of the term "Legend", obviously it's a subjective term but still.

He was a great player. Can he really be called a legend though, having never played for Derby?

31 minutes ago, Srg said:

Carbonari a legend?

scored against forest I guess? But legend?

did we ever see the Bazooka?

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Carbonari a legend?

scored against forest I guess? But legend?

did we ever see the Bazooka?

Scored twice against Forest. But I always liked him as a player. I think it is more a list of players who fans were mostly fond of. How many legends has this club had since the 70's?

in my humble opinion the last real "legend" that we ever had, keep your igors and your mark wrights etc, this man was DCFC all the way through and dragged us kicking and screaming through our darkest days, his goals kept us alive, bit like a 1980s life support machine !!!

bobby davison 3.bmp.jpg

Archived