Burnley v Derby

Carl Sagan

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will come back to bite us. As good a first half as I've seen away from home in ages. We've been utterly dominant and the amount of times we've got the ball in good areas is promising.

We just lack quality. Blackman must have been well-positioned one vs one with the RB at least seven times that half and nothing came of it. Frustrating.

Keogh has been a liability. Poor clearnaces, own goal and allowing runners to run off him. 

After the last two games I'm fairly happy, and as for Johnson, I think his aggression is keeping Barton quiet, so I'd keep him on. Keogh is struggling with his mask I'm sure, bit less positive in competing for headers, and no matter how well it fits, I am sure there would be a bit of a compromise to his visual fields.

I would argue this is probably our best performance of the season. 

Refreshing, and definitely needed. 

I want to see the crosses hit with a bit more purpose. I really think Blackman's outlet will be the deciding factor in this - i'd argue Ince should try and get in the 'dangerzone' when he's got the ball. 

If we can get the win here, we can certainly use this as a catalyst to get a bit of belief back into the side. 

At an absolute bare minimum, this needs to be the standard we set ourselves between this point and the end of the season. 

That was a very good first half, a little more cohesion in the final 3 rd and we could have been 2 or 3 -1 up. Think this next 45 mins could shape the rest of our season a defeat could be really disheartening for the players but a win could just help them have that extra edge.  I think the desire and the belief are their with the players they just desperately need that result ( win) tonight. Coyr massive second half.

Archived