Derby County v Birmingham City.

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Well he changed it for Hartlepool and some still moaned. 

The question of what team to play against UTD is pointless now, we don't have that luxury. 

He puts in his favourite 11 and let's them measure themselves against a strong side and hopefully regain some confidence for the Burnley game. 

Only thing with with that is burnley is before the United.game.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

I don't think we're necessarily on the cusp of a meltdown. I'd be very surprised if we did anything close to resembling what happen post-March last season. Our form hasn't been THAT bad:

Drew against Leeds: tough away game, two points dropped by a single glaring error at the back.

Lost to a better team at Boro; likely our toughest away game this season. 

Beat League Two Hartlepool with a second string first XI and gave the two new signings a run-out. 

Didn't turn up against Reading, but still managed to draw.

One loss in 4 doesn't necessarily have to be a cause for concern. We drew four and lost one (two if you count the League Cup) of our first 5, and still managed to have our best start to a season (ever?).

Marathon not a sprint, teams have dips in form, particularly those with a new manager and a heap of new players. Patience the key.

COYR. 

My post says mini meltdown if three more consecutive bad results which would make it six in a row. Not a mini meltdown if two wins and a draw in next three games. Mini meltdown would be 3 points out of 18. Mon-mini meltdown would be 9 points from 18 (including 2 points from last three games). 3 points from 18 IS a mini meltdown in my book. Another three bad ones after those six games is a meltdown.

14 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Solid 4th post.

You'll fit in well.

Never done that before, but it was also a tongue-in-cheek go at those who say we should never boo our team when they play badly. And no, I didn't boo the team today, although I had plenty of goes at the ref, as we do most matches. A blatant penalty in the first half could have given an entirely different outcome, but in reality the ref didn't lose us the points - we threw them away.

More thoughts in a while when I settle down.

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Never done that before, but it was also a tongue-in-cheek go at those who say we should never boo our team when they play badly. And no, I didn't boo the team today, although I had plenty of goes at the ref, as we do most matches. A blatant penalty in the first half could have given an entirely different outcome, but in reality the ref didn't lose us the points - we threw them away.

More thoughts in a while when I settle down.

Ditto.

Grant obviously has to be dropped as does Johnson both had shockers. Neither christie nor warnock seemed capable of even beating the first man leave alone getting a decent cross in, there are problems all over the pitch and really the questions of work rate and so on must cast doubts over Clements motivational abilities as. Manager. The last two home games are as bad a set of performance back to back as I can remember even during last seasons capitulation. 

We have no creativity. The subs should have been hendrick Johnson replaced by butterfiekd and camara ... But to take off Thorne ince and Russell was incredible ... Thorne was the best player on the park so barring him being hurt not sure the thinking there. Warlock is a major weakness too ... Hendrick just can't be arsed and Johnson looks lost 

poor but the biggest problem was the lack of creativity and the constant giving the ball away ... We were coming into the game even after the scored but the subs finished us

27 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You could always form a lynchmob, grab your pitchforks and hound Clement out of town.

Or get yourselves a sense of perspective.

Well yes, i suppose in perspective , I haven't spent £100 million like Mel Morris has. Imagine how he feels right now. ive just wasted a Saturday afterrnoon. Not £100 million. 

Just now, BodminRam said:

if we played like we were doing a few weeks ago, i would of fancied our chances v manu, god help us now..im also dreading burnley away. they and hull are on fire. At this rate NC will be here next year with burton

Yes the n word is rearing its ugly head. Nigel I mean of course. 

Rubbish, absolutely rubbish. Never left so early since I've been going.

But, what do you expect when Paul Clement keeps picking out of form players like Johnson and Russell? 

I just can't get it into my brain why he would leave Butterfield out who's been our best player for weeks, and persist with Johnson. It just doesn't clock with me. Wonder what the conversations are like with his coaching staff when picking these players?

Nothing, NOTHING going forward yet again. Something needs to change, been shocking going forward for months now. No fluidity, players looks like they have no idea what to do when the ball enters the final third. We've even started hoofing it.

Fuming after that. 

19 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Why bring Thorne off. Johnson was useless he either gives the ball away or hoofs it into no man's land. Camaraderie looked useful when he came on. We look clueless up front and Ince is the biggest waste of money i'be ever seen. 

Rant over!!!

Thorne is struggling for fitness of course. Butterfield seems to get rested too. Johnson is thought to be strongest and fittest of all, I guess that's why he has more game time. Its just that he's not very good at the minute. 

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

At times like this the ex used to say, 'don't worry, it's only a game after all'.  That's why I clubbed her to death and buried her under the vegetable allotment.

Fair enough, at least you used organic fertiliser for your vegetable garden.

Rampage's 'definitive' reasons for mini meltdown (crisis of confidence)

1. We were not playing well but were difficult to beat

2. Wrong priority at Xmas. We prioritised the Boro game by not concentrating on Leeds game

3. Wrong team selection v Leeds

4. Late subbing of Butterfield lost the game against Boro

5. Signing two new players apparently sent the wrong message to the other players

6. Wrong midfield against Reading, so over run

7. No plan against Reading who attacked us from the kick off

8. Strange stories from dressing room after Reading match

9. No Butterfield starting against Brum

10. Too many players not in their best positions leading to confusion

11. Playing as individuals not as a team

12. Not sticking to 433 which favours our best team

13.Individual dips in player performances

14. Loss of confidence

Carson often made a big save before we got our first goal

Thorne not fully fit

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Rampage's 'definitive' reasons for mini meltdown (crisis of confidence)

1. We were not playing well but were difficult to beat

2. Wrong priority at Xmas. We prioritised the Boro game by not concentrating on Leeds game

3. Wrong team selection v Leeds

4. Late subbing of Butterfield lost the game against Boro

5. Signing two new players apparently sent the wrong message to the other players

6. Wrong midfield against Reading, so over run

7. No plan against Reading who attacked us from the kick off

8. Strange stories from dressing room after Reading match

9. No Butterfield starting against Brum

10. Too many players not in their best positions leading to confusion

11. Playing as individuals not as a team

12. Not sticking to 433 which favours our best team

13.Individual dips in player performances

14. Loss of confidence

Carson often made a big save before we got our first goal

Thorne not fully fit

If that's the case, those players should eff off.

I don't believe it is the case.

Archived