The Fawaz Circus 2016

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Ibby said:

Tweets most less confirms , he has sold the club.

@FAWAZ_ALHASAWI ‏@fawaz_alhasawi1  1h1 hour ago

I wish all the best for Nottingham forest

I tried my best to take the club to the next level but unfortunately it did not work out. #nffc

I hope that after the new takeover things would turn out as planned. #nffc

Professional as ever. Let's not call a press conference, or issue an offfial statement, I'll just put out a couple of non commital tweets instead. 

Imagine if he was part of a large and important free 100 organisation in the middle of a takeover, he'd send the shares into a death spiral on a daily basis.

Get the **** off Twitter man, it's doing you less than no good. 

It doesn't even necessarily mean anything. It could just be 'I haven't put out any inane tweets for a while, so I'll just reiterate that the fact I'm trying to sell the club bares no relation to how I feel about the club.' It doesn't mean there's actually a buyer in sight. 

I hope things go as planned after the new takeover - could just be hopelessly optimistic - I expect a takeover to happen sometime soon, I have invitees lined up, or anyone other than dodgy Greeks showing any sort of interest, but I still have faith someone will come along next week and buy it, and when they do (you just watch) I wish you all the best. 

That sounds like a very fawaz thing to tweet.

14 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Its interesting you mention the spoiled brats hounding Mr Doughty out, we seem to have a fair selection of those ourselves who would be happy to hound Mel out.

Admittedly there are a few who think we're entitled promotion just because we've had a couple of near misses.  Fortunately they appear to be a minority.  Unless you come on here, or Twitter after a defeat...

For notts forest, it could be a case, not so much of "out of the frying pan, into the fire" as "out of the back of the fridge, sniffed at, date checked (omg, best before 1993!) And promptly binned. 

I think Fawaz leaving could be a real sad day for them in the end. He might have hilariously incompetent, but, I think he did mean well. Not sure about the new owners at all. 

15 minutes ago, stoners said:

all i want is some structure and vision by the club

investment in youth with a clear strategy and implementation plan

You know, abit like what your lot was doing before Mel came in and adopted the forest scattergun approach

Maybe we're guilty of the others somewhat but our investment in youth has been immense since Mel came in.

Wonder what promises this new lot will make? 5 stars by 2022? Pl champions by 25 clear points by 2018?

Or will they learn from fawaz mistake and keep expectations low?

Archived