Leeds United v Derby County

Day

On the team selection.

It looked the right selection at 1-0 with Leeds playing a very dangerous game of kung fu. 

Can't blame team selection when the chances created by Leeds were mistakes by first choice players. 

And the team selection did enough to create at least 4 massive chances. 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, zaragozaram said:

Sol Bamba, MOM, pffttt

Really? Wow..

He scored a tap in after a series of howlers. He also got megged and ended up on his arse for the first and Ince could have walked past him for the second. If that was a man of the match performance then my hopes of being a professional footballer aren't over yet

So sitting on the bus let's rate the players and the game,

Grant 5

Warnock 7 

Keogh 8

Shotton 7

Christie 7

Johnson 6

Hendrick 7

Butterfield 7

Russel 6

Wiemann 6

Bent 5 

Subs

Martin 6

Ince 7

Typical away performance good in patches but feel that we sat in too deep second half and really got going when they went 2-1 up  all in all good point against a solid side who are improving.

Worry for Saturday if shackel is out but another point would be good.

Coyr

We were never in control in any part of that game tonight. We looked very vulnerable at the back once Shacks went off, not forgetting we are playing a mid table side!

Did we really tested the keeper until Martin & Ince came on.

We got a point but looked like a mid table side ourselves tonight, man of the match, Shacks, Martin or Ince?

Thankfully we weren't playing boro, only hope our performance does improve, weren't that impressive against Fulham nor tonight.

I would like to hear Paul's assessment of the performance.

32 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

Christie is the shittest derby player since gary teale **** him off and get byram!

I like turtles... Innit star... 

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Just heard Clement's interview on Sky Sports. He's bang on, it was two points dropped when you consider the game's main events. We had at least five clear chances to score.

Leeds had two, the first coming from a Grant howler.

We should have won. But the way we played generally pleases me. We really are a dominant team in this division, and automatic promotion is definitely within reach.

Yep. One game at a time though. Wish our fans would shut the hell up and stop chanting we're top of the league. It's disappointing dropping points because we all know that we don't lose points. We throw them away. 9 draws already shows this. We should be 10 points clear of 3rd. 

I can't believe some of those misses though.

Weimann when through on goal, Johnson's header from literally five yards out, Hendrick's left footer which went over the bar, Russell's cut back from about six yards out.

Such lack of prolificacy there. We could have had five. We probably should have.

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

The substitutions made all the difference tonight.

The way leeds changed the ref at half time for one that wouldn't book any more of their players was a touch of genius and it showed the way they got the first 7 freekicks of the 2nd half.

Having a good conversation on his way out with a Leeds coach too, conspiracy. 

12 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Butterfield, Christie and Warnock were brilliant. Weimann, Grant, Hendrick and Johnson were shocking 

Thought Johnson did ok and Hendrick scored a lovely goal without which we'd be musing over a 2-1 loss and 0 points. Grant dropped a clanger for the first goal but apart from that wasn't too bad. Butterfield did little first half but second was at the centre of all our attacking play. 

2-2 as predicted! Still think we'll get 7 points out of the three games though.

Good decision to use the squad tonight, had it not have been for Grant's flap we would have won that game comfortably.

However having gone a goal behind in the 75th minute I'm pretty pleased with the point.

Back to normal on Saturday though with Martin, Thorne and Ince back in the squad. On tonight's performance I'd be tempted to stick with Butters and Hendrick but as we're going to have a battle on our hands it'll be best if Hendrick drops back out.

Unfair comments about Keogh on the radio. Neither goal was his fault. Warnock let Byram past way too easily, everyone moved across other than Christie who should have given Wood a challenge for the ball.

Three points on Saturday!

Archived