Leeds United v Derby County

Day

Back in the car. Disappointed. They scored from their only two chances. Don't get why our fans sing "you're fooling ****" and "we're top of the league" when we're 1-0 up away from home? We've been doing it a lot recently but luckily won. Giving opposition ammunition when we concede.

If Carson and Shackell play. We win comfortably. Hope Lee Grant never plays for Derby again. Sorry but not sorry. 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point against a team who were unbeaten in 5. Created plenty of chances and coped well with 3 key players rested for the majority of the match.

Grant 5 - Horrible error, but dealt with everything else well.

Christie 7 - He was just taking the piss for 60 minutes, but he slacked a bit in the last 30.

Keogh 7 - Did well despite the change in partner but it was his error for Wood's goal, poor marking.

Shackell 8 - Please don't be out for long!

Warnock 7 - Decent going forward and defending but was a little bit sloppy at times.

Johnson 6 - Another quiet came for Johnson but it looked like he was told to sit deeper and help Shotton after the injury.

Butterfield 9 (MOTM) - Class performance, caused them problems all night with both his passing and his direct runs.

Hendrick 8 - Cracking goal and looked a lot more up for it today.

Russell 7 - Thought he did well for the majority of the game but like a few others he was sloppy for the last 30 minutes.

Weimann 5 - Anonymous.

Bent 5 - See above.

Subs:

Shotton 7 - Got a lot of criticism in the match day chat but I don't think he did much wrong after he came on. Never going to be as commanding as Shackell but I think he did all right.

Martin 7 - Linked up brilliantly with Butterfield, Ince, Russell and co.

Ince 9 - I reckon the Leeds' fans abuse fired him up a bit, so thanks lads!

I'm waiting for "we really need to beat the likes of Leeds if we are serious about going up."

Or how about "we are gonna get slaughtered in the prem if we play like that."

They were up for it, we edged it and had a couple of really good chances. That performance would probably have won us the game 7/10 times. 

Hey diickheads. We are 4 points above 3rd!

Ultimately a point gained ahead of third place.

Boro wetting themselves on their forum, they've pretty much won the league already according to them. Well, after they walk all over us on Saturday anyway. Don't give a **** about Boro at the moment, it's the places below we need to keep distance from, so with 3rd and 4th both losing their last games, a point isn't the end of the world. Shame that poor goalkeeping/defending has cost us in a season where there's been very little errors.

Just now, North_Stand_Ram said:

Back in the car. Disappointed. They scored from their only two chances. Don't get why our fans sing "you're fooling ****" and "we're top of the league" when we're 1-0 up away from home? We've been doing it a lot recently but luckily won. Giving opposition ammunition when we concede.

If Carson and Shackell play. We win comfortably. Hope Lee Grant never plays for Derby again. Sorry but not sorry. 

Calm down NSR, you're usually one of the more sensible posters on here but this reaction is way over the top. 4 clean sheets in 6 and before today hadn't really put a foot wrong. Yes Carson's better, but Grant is a fine backup.

1 minute ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

It was absolutely awful. Not worthy of any pro keeper in this league and it's become common hasn't it. He can mostly play well and then he messes up like that, often since last season. We have a one handed keeper when the balls in the air. It's shocking. Compare to how their keeper gathered the ball from our last corner. Shackell deals with the balls in the box when he's playing and I think people underestimate his impact defending the ball into the box. 

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Calm down NSR, you're usually one of the more sensible posters on here but this reaction is way over the top. 4 clean sheets in 6 and before today hadn't really put a foot wrong. Yes Carson's better, but Grant is a fine backup.

Grant has literally had nothing to do for the last few weeks. That's how good our defence has been. He's not reliable enough and will cost us points. 

My blood is still a bit boiling with the team selection and basic errors. 

If Shotton and Grant feature on Saturday they will murder us. 

Just now, Uptherams said:

It was absolutely awful. Not worthy of any pro keeper in this league and it's become common hasn't it. He can mostly play well and then he messes up like that, often since last season. We have a one handed keeper when the balls in the air. It's shocking. Compare to how their keeper gathered the ball from our last corner. Shackell deals with the balls in the box when he's playing and I think people underestimate his impact defending the ball into the box. 

You know that Leeds keeper has been awful for them in the past? 

Dunno what's going on with some of the drama Queens in here.

If you're expecting Derby to come tanking out risking it all for glory then you haven't watched us at all this season.

It was the sort of performance that has us in the position we are in. Which is top 2 btw. Not relegation zone as some late comers may have gathered from the thread. 

It was cruise control until Grant's blunder. So the first half was fine apart from one error from one individual

Move onto the second half. We created the double the opportunities they did. Ince, Martin, Hendrick, Weimann and Russell all getting the ball inside the 18yrd box with time to take a touch and shoot.

I know many would love to blame Shotton for the goal and for the ISIS attacks in Paris but I'm afraid he played ok. The goal came from Bradley Johnson ball watching. It was an excellent quick bit of play by Leeds after that. 

It's a point. It's not perfect but it will do. That's 2pts per game after 24 games. Not good enough? Go watch Chel... Man Ci... Man Uni... Nvm

We've played worse and people have had a hand shandy how good we were. We were ok then.

People bang on about team selection... We were cruising at 1-0. 

We're doing fine.

Some of you on here don't deserve to support a team like Derby. Go and support Barca or Bayern for me will you - I will buy you a scarf and give you a cup of tea if you promise to go now.

For all real Derby fans on here have a beer for me this evening to celebrate:-

Good point against a solid, in-form team up for it against a top of the table side.

Used our squad well, with the big game ahead on Saturday.

Second in the league, averaging 2 points a game.

4 points clear in the promotion stakes, and a superior goal difference worth a point.

Also please say a prayer to the big fella for Shacks and Carson.

3 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I've never seen a pro keeper do what he did today and against Wolves last season. It's Bloody Sunday league! 

If you look at it from a Leeds viewpoint,you are playing a better team,so how do you

stay in the game? What you have to do is to make it difficult for them in midfield. They

did that by battling for it and getting to the loose ball first on most occasions. Many

teams have done this to us,we may have still won,but we have to stuggle.We have

to do that for the rest of the season,our players have to get their hands dirty and get

stuck in. Its no good having skilful players if you are not getting the ball.

Just now, North_Stand_Ram said:

Grant has literally had nothing to do for the last few weeks. That's how good our defence has been. He's not reliable enough and will cost us points. 

My blood is still a bit boiling with the team selection and basic errors. 

If Shotton and Grant feature on Saturday they will murder us. 

Agreed. Even our defence have lost trust in grant. For example against brighton there were multiple occasions where Grant shouted out "my ball" but both shackall and keogh ignored him and cleared it themselves. It's like they know he is a liability and know they better not take any chances with him in goal. Yes Grant is a decent shotstopper but which keeper isn't these days?

Well, a points better than none. If there was a simple way of demonstrating the value of Shackle, then that was it. Taking the positives, Hendrick and Ince goals. As for Grant....no....he as supposed to have left that last season. Loved how sky kept going on about how expensive our squad is after Hendrick scored.

Archived