Shacks

catram

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think Shacks doesn't get the credit he so deserves, everyone chants Keogh, with regard to his improved performances and perhaps, a bit of guilt for the 5hite  him and his wife were subjected to and rightly so, but Shacks is consistently brilliant, like we just expect it from him.  

Brings a bit of calm to the defence. Earlier in the season Forsyth made a howler and Shackell told him to forget it and concentrate. Last season he would of been bollocked and his confidence would of visably.

Keough and Christie have both been superb this season.

I think the thing that has impressed me the most with him is, he is just quietly going about doing what needs to be done. It was my main concern when we resigned him as when he was before, he was trying to referee the game, was always there challenging the ref after every decision, mouthing off to everyone on the pitch, even at Burnley when we played them, always seemed to be wanting to fight the striker and if they went up for a challenge it seemed as though he was offering to take them outside the ground to "discuss their differences" :lol:

Plenty of discussion about his fee/age. 

Worth every penny and even more. Oozes confidence. Unbeatable in the air but above all else is his reading of the game and his composure to stay on his feet where many many CB's at all levels of football would dive in. 

He's unflappable. And it's a trait that's caught on to Cyrus Christie who's defending has improved massively 

Add Bradley Johnson into the mix and there's this feeling of security you get when we are on the back foot. 

Johnson is a bully and Shackell is ice cold. What they lack in football they make up for in attitude. You wouldn't want 11 of them but what great additions to a team that has the footballing ability. 

It's what Eustace brought.

Jason Shackell - The Iceman Cometh

His contribution gets over looked sometimes, he consistently plays at the same high level every game that you come to expect it when you watch him. Whenever a team has a shot, I expect him to be there to block it! The guy would make an excellent goalkeeper!

Archived