Derby title contenders

B4ev6is

I'm not getting carried away but I do think it's possible, why wouldn't it be??

Brighton may be unbeaten but they're not winning many either. Is it better to get two draws or a loss and a win?

They've only taken 3 points from their last three and to be honest they should consider themselves lucky to have gained thee. As they should have lost agains Charlton, they were poor against us and the first goal shouldn't have stood last night.

Last season we lost confidence because we couldn't see games out because we conceded too many. Looks like that might be Brighton's plight this season.

We've got the squad and the belief. Those two together are dangerous! 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I think we are getting there for first league title since 70s and 80s and I am so excited by this.

B4 can we bottle your confidence and hand it out to fans on the way into the ground? Can you imagine that atmosphere?!

1 minute ago, MK said:

B4 can we bottle your confidence and hand it out to fans on the way into the ground? Can you imagine that atmosphere?!

Imagine the hostility when things started to go wrong/mediocre though lol (Not saying B4 is hostile, but plenty of people would be if they had that initial confidence)

6 hours ago, MK said:

I bet B4 doesn't clear off with 15 minutes to go either.

I am more confident this season than last season. This time last year felt very up and down. Already felt like we had thrown away a number of games through sloppy defensive errors. This season, since the first 5 games, we have been very, very consistent. No major cock-ups. Fantastic defensive record. Consistently avoiding dropping points against our direct competitors for promotion.

Just to prove the point, here's the table skipping those first 5 games

R Team P W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Derby 16 11 4 1 28 8 +20 37
2 Middlesbrough 16 11 2 3 23 9 +14 35
3 Brighton 16 7 9 0 23 16 +7 30
4 Hull 15 8 4 3 21 9 +12 28
5 Burnley 16 7 6 3 20 14 +6 27
6 Blackburn 16 6 7 3 19 13 +6 25

Derby and Boro pulling ahead of the rest.   37 from 16 games = 2.3 points per game. If we were to keep that up for the remainder of the season we'd end up with 99 points.

And just look at our goal difference. That's a really positive sign.

43 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Just to prove the point, here's the table skipping those first 5 games

R Team P W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Derby 16 11 4 1 28 8 +20 37
2 Middlesbrough 16 11 2 3 23 9 +14 35
3 Brighton 16 7 9 0 23 16 +7 30
4 Hull 15 8 4 3 21 9 +12 28
5 Burnley 16 7 6 3 20 14 +6 27
6 Blackburn 16 6 7 3 19 13 +6 25

Derby and Boro pulling ahead of the rest.   37 from 16 games = 2.3 points per game. If we were to keep that up for the remainder of the season we'd end up with 99 points.

And just look at our goal difference. That's a really positive sign.

Our results are fantastic if we discount August,  which is just as well seeing as forest had just won the title.

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Our results are fantastic if we discount August,  which is just as well seeing as forest had just won the title.

Disappointed,  was hoping to see beef between @HantsRam and @therealhantsram, not even a slight dig to be seen!

9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Yep they are, but look at the average rating trend - it could be argued that our performances have not improved. Will our reults continue to be as good if we dont improve. Or is there any room for our performances to dip and maintain results and league position?

Season to date.JPG

Archived