Derby title contenders

B4ev6is

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are linking league position to performance based upon our ratings. If as suggested by the graph our performances haven't improved in line with our league position then our view and thus rating of the performances could be wrong.  Our view may be clouded by our perception of what the players are being asked to do by the management team. Our voting is subjective our league position is  fact. 

5 hours ago, davenportram said:

Yep they are, but look at the average rating trend - it could be argued that our performances have not improved. Will our reults continue to be as good if we dont improve. Or is there any room for our performances to dip and maintain results and league position?

Season to date.JPG

Be  interesting I think, to see the points gained from each game instead of league position.

9 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Disappointed,  was hoping to see beef between @HantsRam and @therealhantsram, not even a slight dig to be seen!

Hants is big enough for the both of us ?. No idea what makes TRHR more "real".

Unless he's using "real" as in "real" Madrid? 

I once succeeded in convincing a particularly gullible guy on a boozy weekend in said Spanish capital that a sign saying "Real Ales" was the club shop of Madrid s little known 3rd football club.

20 hours ago, davenportram said:

Yep they are, but look at the average rating trend - it could be argued that our performances have not improved. Will our reults continue to be as good if we dont improve. Or is there any room for our performances to dip and maintain results and league position?

Season to date.JPG

Bring back Albert, at least his graphs were based upon fact, might as well have asked my 6 year old to draw a graph for as much use as this is.

20 hours ago, davenportram said:

Season to date.JPG

What this doesn't take into account is the capabilities of each player, plus expectations.

With better players, it's easy to think they've underperformed even if we've won a match. Johnson, Martin and Thorne are fine examples, because their talent is much higher to what we've previously had.

So we have higher expectations of them, thus scoring them 5s and 6s for average displays by their standards even in relatively comfortable victories.

I remember when we used to score players like Ben Davies and Paul Coutts 8/10 and 9/10 for their efforts because they were poorer players. an 8/10 for Coutts is probably a 6/10 for Johnson.

Martin seems to always get marked lower unless he scores. But the thing is, we've been winning plenty of games with him leading the line and NOT scoring - but doing the other essentials.

Most of side got 8s and 9s when we beat Hull (expectations!) yet 6s and 7s when we comfortably beat Cardiff.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Bring back Albert, at least his graphs were based upon fact, might as well have asked my 6 year old to draw a graph for as much use as this is.

what's wrong with it? It shows the average rating we are giving players (based on the views of those who actually vote) and the factual league position after each game.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

What this doesn't take into account is the capabilities of each player, plus expectations.

With better players, it's easy to think they've underperformed even if we've won a match. Johnson, Martin and Thorne are fine examples, because their talent is much higher to what we've previously had.

So we have higher expectations of them, thus scoring them 5s and 6s for average displays by their standards even in relatively comfortable victories.

I remember when we used to score players like Ben Davies and Paul Coutts 8/10 and 9/10 for their efforts because they were poorer players. an 8/10 for Coutts is probably a 6/10 for Johnson.

Martin seems to always get marked lower unless he scores. But the thing is, we've been winning plenty of games with him leading the line and NOT scoring - but doing the other essentials.

Most of side got 8s and 9s when we beat Hull (expectations!) yet 6s and 7s when we comfortably beat Cardiff.

true, and something I mentioned before. Expectation bias. However it is possible to play poorly and comfortably beat a poor team. I think the ratings will be low for Tuesday but we comfortably beat a poor team.

1 minute ago, Ovis aries said:

He should be his editor.

I just don't get why people have a problem with B4. If he really gets your goat, that's what the 'ignore' feature is for.

22 hours ago, davenportram said:

Season to date.JPG

I like a good graph, and this is one, but where do the average ratings come from?

Archived