Derby title contenders

B4ev6is

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, sage said:

You could practically be twins Eddie :ph34r:

We were obviously separated at birth. He got the looks and brains, I had to content myself with the thirst.

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

what's wrong with it? It shows the average rating we are giving players (based on the views of those who actually vote) and the factual league position after each game.

Is the rating of the players voted from the same members every week ?

How many people have voted, and what are they basing their ratings, I had a quick look at some of the ratings used, and have seen some players scoring one, which indicates that no matter what performance they put in, they will never be judged on what they actually do on the pitch.

At the end of the day, the ratings is based upon someone's opinion, something that will change from week to week because it's subjective and depending on what mood they are in, or if they watched the game on the box, or a stream, or both, or even what the commentator or there mate said to them at half or full time.  At least if my 6 year old did it, it would be the same person rating each time, and it wouldn't be influenced with a close association to the club, still wouldn't meant anything of course :-). All imo of course.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

How many people have voted, and what are they basing their ratings, I had a quick look at some of the ratings used, and have seen some players scoring one, which indicates that no matter what performance they put in, they will never be judged on what they actually do on the pitch.

At the end of the day, the ratings is based upon someone's opinion, something that will change from week to week because it's subjective and depending on what mood they are in, or if they watched the game on the box, or a stream, or both, or even what the commentator or there mate said to them at half or full time.  At least if my 6 year old did it, it would be the same person rating each time, and it wouldn't be influenced with a close association to the club, still wouldn't meant anything of course :-). All imo of course.

Well we do get roughly the same numebr of votes per survey - i you look in the survey thread you will be able to see how many people vote.

26 minutes ago, 11carl00 said:

I wonder what that graph would look like if the ratings from somewhere like whoscored were used instead 

Well the Brighton game was only a 0.5 difference in team average. And seeing as its a DCFCFans opinion poll thats the stats I am using. Feel free to produce your own rival version if you really want to.

7 hours ago, davenportram said:

Well we do get roughly the same numebr of votes per survey - i you look in the survey thread you will be able to see how many people vote.

But not necessarily the same people....

Anyway just my view, I just thought it was a strange graph, but it seems to be of interest to others so don't worry about my comments :-)

12 hours ago, jagerbob said:

on the subject of B4

Usually provides me with entertainment, and i dont just mean his grammar either.

B4 is a genuine and good person. He once took the trouble to send we kind words of encouragement when I was having a tough time.

For that I was greatly touched and will always look out for him.

His general upbeat nature and desire to seek positives in everything is something that I wish I had more of a tendency towards.

16 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't think he ever intended on the graph being the central point of all facts.

All ratings are based on an opinion of some sort. You could even say statistics are a form of opinion.

A player could make a thousand passes in a game with 100% success, if these are all backwards passes leading to nothing it's completely useless.

Another could make 20 poor passes, then play a 70 yard pass leading to a winning goal out of nowhere. 

(figures may be slightly unrealistic.)

Archived