Derby title contenders

B4ev6is

Well tonight Derby showed why they will be fighting for the title this season, even though it was only Bristol City and won 4-0 and did it with out Chris Martin help, I think Paul Clement wanted to prove a point we can win without him. But even though not at our best we still won and a lot yet that can be improved yet. I am so pleased for Tom Ince scoring a hat trick he really needed that and hopeful this will get him scoring again. Lee Grant shows why he is top class keeper with Scott Carson but also why pays of have two top class keepers. Our defence never looked so rock solid and not conceading many.

Our midfield is showing we have players that can cope with different formations. And this is why this wise to have different formations we can use to help up aganist differcult teams.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You cant win em all, as sheff wed and brighton games proved. I think we have as good a chance now, as we did weeks ago for automatics. This will go down to the wire. Probably wont be decided until the final game. I expect Derby Brighton Boro and Hull to finish top 4 in any order.

25 minutes ago, Derby_Dave_nee_Marilyn said:

I think Paul Clement was more likely thinking we can win this game without Martin etc and keep them fresh for a much tougher test against  Ipswich more than trying to prove some petty point. 

Also who do you think he was trying to make this point to? 

Martin took a bit of a beating at the weekend. The rest tonight was the best thing for him in my opinion

7 hours ago, ketteringram said:

In this division, this season, it's dammed hard to get into the top two at any time, let alone just as the season ends. 

I'd settle for that but I am easily pleased.  Dare say a few would see this as a failure though:ph34r:

While I do think we're title contenders I don't think last night proved anything really. Other than Bent's legs do work for 90 minutes, Ince is still a good player, Russell could have played basketball and Baird has a good cross on him.  

Lets not get too carried away folks, a long time to go yet and I seem to remember this type of thread last year, for my part I think were making great progress and I suspect/hope the team will continue to improve as the season continues.

22 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think we are getting there for first league title since 70s and 80s and I am so excited by this.

is this statement on an annual repeat?

I guarantee you that if we blow up and finish 8th again this season that next season you will be posting the same drivel.

We are in a decent position, but so are a number of other teams.....there is such a long way to go, especially with your FA Cup winning run to take into account....!

Archived