Derby County v Bristol City

Day

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Its not the playing poor bit that gets me mate. Every player will have a bad game. Its the lack of effort that really gets me. 

Hendrick did not want to be out there on Saturday. 

Watch that 2nd goal again mate. But watch Hendrick the whole time. 

His lack of effort and desire to run their player down and try and win the ball back is awful. 

Hendrick doesn't lack effort or desire, but is just an incredibly stupid footballer. He will switch off in games and  his decision making is terribly poor. 

The lad has quality and can bring a lot to our team, but his inconsistency will be his downfall. 

24 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Hendrick doesn't lack effort or desire, but is just an incredibly stupid footballer. He will switch off in games and  his decision making is terribly poor. 

The lad has quality and can bring a lot to our team, but his inconsistency will be his downfall. 

He lacked effort and desire on Saturday mate. 

But you are spot on though. He has the quality but does not show it nowhere near enough. 

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Its not the playing poor bit that gets me mate. Every player will have a bad game. Its the lack of effort that really gets me. 

Hendrick did not want to be out there on Saturday. 

Watch that 2nd goal again mate. But watch Hendrick the whole time. 

His lack of effort and desire to run their player down and try and win the ball back is awful. 

That's with fresh legs as we'll not seen highlights of the match but from were I was sat looked like Johnson and Hendrick more or less tackled each other then Jeff couldn't be arsed to chase back! This from a player who had only just come on?? 

22 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Grant

Christie Keogh Shackell Warnock

Hendrick Thorne Butterfield

Ince         Martin  Russell   

Johnson was poor against Brighton and failed to link up play with Martin and Hendrick will try and take his opportunity to cement his place in the first team.

They've got some dangerous players like Kojida, but they have been awful defensively and hopefully it should be a comfortable win.

Which game were you watching?

Johnson is a beast. He is a serious threat from set pieces, yes he scored our equaliser from there.

Infact given how useless keogh is from attacking set pieces, only Shackell and Keane now at Burnley when he was here onloan have been a serious threat in the past few seasons. He is not scored to have a go unlike Hendrick, and had a really powerful effort well saved, first half, plus the time he broke through and his shot went about a foot wide.

If Hendrick plays, it will be at Butterfields expense, not Johnsons.

PC today:

"We've had a challenging run against sides in and around us - eight points is credible. Of course, we would had loved more points"

"Saturday's game was a good advert for the Championship and Brighton are a very good side. It was a good point"

"Tomorrow's game will be a tough. Bristol won at Boro & drew with Hull. That proves they are a very capable side"

"I need to decide whether we stick with the same side tomorrow or freshen it up. I'll make the decision in the next 24 hours"

"The atmosphere was great at the iPro on Saturday. We want to keep the noise levels up - it can really help the players"

"The fans really helped us on Saturday - they drove the team on and helped the team get the late equaliser, which we deserved"

"As I said on Saturday, we have plenty of character in the side. That's really pleasing and we've proved that quite a lot"

And then CM:

"I was obviously happy to score on Saturday. I had a bit of time waiting to take the penalty - but I tried to stay calm & confident"

"I'd had a run of not scoring so it was a relief. If you don't score you have to contribute in other ways. I hope I've done that"

"We came through a tough run unbeaten but I think we were a bit disappointed because we felt it could have been more"

"Promotion is the goal that we are working towards. It's not about individual awards - it's about contributing to success"

"Bristol came up last year and did brilliantly in League 1. It's a really tough game & we'll have to be 'on it' tomorrow"

"We're confident playing against anyone in this league. If we can do the basics well and add a bit of magic - hopefully we'll win"

"The halfway mark is closing in and I think we've shown so far that we are resilient and solid as a team. We're in a good place"

22 hours ago, mozza said:

S'pose we're gonna upset these wurzels now . Who are Brisol , anyway ?

Well done Mozza, you've upset them  http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/173385-derby-forum/

For any other Bristol City fans who have a read through this thread, the comment Mozza made wasn't him being arrogant (at least, I don't think it was), it was because Daveo missed the 'T' out of Bristol in the title of the thread. 

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Well done Mozza, you've upset them  http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/173385-derby-forum/

For any other Bristol City fans who have a read through this thread, the comment Mozza made wasn't him being arrogant (at least, I don't think it was), it was because Daveo missed the 'T' out of Bristol in the title of the thread. 

haha that really touched a nerve with that fellow, he should really check the posts he's quoting a little more closely.

Although it should be pointed out to him that while it is bigger, Bristol isn't even twice as big as Derby, let alone three times as he suggests.

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Touchy lot darn sarf , ain't they ?

6 hours ago, Srg said:

Presumably Carson won't be fit, so will have to stick with Grant unfortunately. I'd love to give Mitchell a go, personally. 

I'd bring in Jeff for Johnson, as he was so poor on Saturday. Other than that, I wouldn't change it. 

You are correct, Srg.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Rams-keeper-Scott-Carson-ruled/story-28361639-detail/story.html

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

44 replies to the thread and I don't think one person has noticed Mozza said 'Brisol' rather than 'Bristol.' :lol:

It's easy to miss when you come from a part of the world that doesn't pronounce its T's lol 

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It's easy to miss when you come from a part of the world that doesn't pronounce its T's lol 

I think the Bristolian accent is probably my favourite along side the Irish. I can't imagine someone with a very strong Bristolian accent trying to threaten/argue with someone, it must be brilliant.

14 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Staggered anyone who went yesterday and watched Hendrick's half hearted cameo want him to start. 

The bloke is a liability. 

That much of a liability that one of the top British managers of the last 15 years or so picks him regularly for ROI....

Very much a liability at MK Dons too... 

Top player in in my opinion... Yes prone to errors I'll admit....

Problem is people set there stall out on a player and make sure they shout from the rooftops any slight they make... I've been guilty of it in the past I'll admit. Still don't make it right though.

He would walk into pretty much every midfield in this league... And we've got him on the bench.... Pinch yourselves guys... How good is that....

Wrists anyone

Archived