Drop Ince

Posh Ram

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Johnny Russell has also been very poor lately. Awful when he came on today.

Johnny seems to have developed a unique concept of dribbling whereby he knocks the ball at pace straight into the shins of whoever happens to be standing straight in front of him. Difficult to believe hes picking that up on the training ground.

Ince has been poor for a while now

Russell has lost his good form from earlier in the season

Weimann has been brilliant defensively but quite wasteful going forward in recent games

Would it be greedy to ask for a 4th winger to be signed in January? (An actual winger, not a converted striker)

The problem isn't Ince. Martin, Weimann and Russell were equally awful.  We have so many midfielders sitting deep, that the front 3 all get very isolated.  Ince picks up the ball, and instantly has 3 men on him and ends up losing it, as do the other forwards.  We're so concerned about not conceding that all of the passing and movement of the last 2 seasons has gone out of the window.

30 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The problem isn't Ince. Martin, Weimann and Russell were equally awful.  We have so many midfielders sitting deep, that the front 3 all get very isolated.  Ince picks up the ball, and instantly has 3 men on him and ends up losing it, as do the other forwards.  We're so concerned about not conceding that all of the passing and movement of the last 2 seasons has gone out of the window.

Good summary DJW. Clement could usefully work on making sure that one of the midfielders/full backs busts a gut to give a simple first time out ball option to ince/martin. By dithering/dribbling around with 2/3 markers we are completely failing to exploit the mismatch/free-man that must exist somewhere else.

It's true - our wide players have lost form big time. Ince hasn't delivered for quite a while in all truth and would normally be dropped. But Johnny has turned from world beater to hopeless in a month: can't understand y. Love Wieman's energy and effort but his ball skills aren't great - check out all the poor misplaced passes in Hull game for example.

Is this what we have come to...we drop 2 points (a valuable away point in my eyes) and suddenly we want to drop players and replace them by signing someone else?

God help us if we ever get to the prem, we will be signing 11 new players every week.

Ince will come good, he is a quality player,  maybe he does require a couple of games on the bench, but I feel when he plays well, so do Derby.

although Ince was non existent today, i think we missed a link up player like Hendrick or Bryson, Butterfield and Johnson seem to play in the same places with Thorne sitting deep. The running isnt there with these too, we're all playing far too deep. Same against Forest and exactly the opposite of the Hull game. but I'd bring Dawkins in, he's got to be as good as what we have at the minute. Maybe one of the yoof team are knocking on the door before January

It's obvious that Clement tactics doesn't fit him as well as Mac's did.

Last season, when he was effective, his overall position must've been 10-15 yards higher! And as running ain't his strength at all, IMO it is clear that he won't produce as much.

Only time he has played very well this season, has been those rare minutes as a attacking midfielder. Role, which suits his game much better than current, strict and quite defensive role as a inside forward.

19 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Is this what we have come to...we drop 2 points (a valuable away point in my eyes) and suddenly we want to drop players and replace them by signing someone else?

God help us if we ever get to the prem, we will be signing 11 new players every week.

Ince will come good, he is a quality player,  maybe he does require a couple of games on the bench, but I feel when he plays well, so do Derby.

Well I was the person suggesting we sign another winger so I'm assuming this was aimed towards my post. I'm not suggesting signing a winger to come straight in and replace Ince, I'm suggesting signing one so we have a 4th option. Near enough every position has numerous players to come in should our starter be in poor form, but with the wingers if 2 of them are in a poor run of form (as Ince and Russell are now) then we're forced to stick with them because we only have 1 as a backup. There's obviously the likes of Dawkins, Calero and Santos who could be that 4th winger but none of them have got close to the first team this season. So I'm hoping if there's any money to spend in January, another winger will be brought in.

7 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Well I was the person suggesting we sign another winger so I'm assuming this was aimed towards my post. I'm not suggesting signing a winger to come straight in and replace Ince, I'm suggesting signing one so we have a 4th option. Near enough every position has numerous players to come in should our starter be in poor form, but with the wingers if 2 of them are in a poor run of form (as Ince and Russell are now) then we're forced to stick with them because we only have 1 as a backup. There's obviously the likes of Dawkins, Calero and Santos who could be that 4th winger but none of them have got close to the first team this season. So I'm hoping if there's any money to spend in January, another winger will be brought in.

Personally I think another wide player will be on the cards in January, whether their form picks up or not. One injury and we have no out and out cover at all. Possibly a Loan I don't know, but besides left back as aswell, the team as a whole doesn't need any further tweaks for me.  

And by left back I just mean cover/ comp for Warnock, unless when Lowe gets fit he does show to be a good fit for this level.

Ince needs confidence. He won't get that sat on the bench but he's no use without it. It's lose/lose at the minute. When he's confident he proved his worth. 

Just needs a clear picture of what he wants to do when he receives the ball and get at it. 

Too much deliberating and even his first touch is pretty poor now. 

He's suffering like Cyrus was.

With Russell running into defenders, Weimann marking Martin and Ince being indecisive it's pretty hard going right now

I have the same opinion as Paul Clement, Ince was really good last season creating and scoring goals. Now the championship teams are aware of what he can do and he is marked and closed down most times by two players. He as got to realise this and play the ball quicker and catch two opposition players out of position. The same is happening to Martin, the opposition are also getting tight on him, One thing I have noticed though this season, Ince and Christie on that same flank have both got into good positions and they have both not made that pass. I wonder if they do not get on with each other.

Archived