Have any of Derby County's players increased in value since the arrival of Paul Clement?

Rampage

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Last year he had an awful season and he got roasted him, but he was still linked with £3m moves to premier league clubs. 

Rubbish.

keogh hardly put a foot wrong last season, and he hasn't done anything different this season.

Martin is an odd one, value to us is over ten million quid in so far as effect on the team helps us, but on the market,what someone else might pay? A lot less, perhaps two million quid. But I bet if he went, he'd never look as good at any other club. The OP has a lot right. I think in general it'll be hard to increase the value of the newer signing as we paid top of the market for all of them bar Carson and Baird.

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

It doesnt matter, because we arent a selling club anymore

A selling club is a club that sells many of it's assets every season. Only financially stricken teams tend to fall into that category. Or Newcastle. But that doesn't mean we won't sell a player if we get a good enough offer in, which means their value does matter. 

10 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Kernow pretty much did the work...

I'm adding Hendrick, his value has propaby gone up but not because his showings in our shirt.

Beat me to it. And agree with Kernows excellent summary too. On the bringing the. Through the academy front I would suggest that Hanson is now a rateable player of championship status. Doesn't  have Butterfields proven ability but getting there and plenty of time too. 

20 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

You could claim Ince has dropped in value but like @PrivateDerby said his role has changed since Clement arrived. His team play has improved no end and he can still make things happen despite the fact he's doubled up on every match. As a pure attacker his value has dropped, but as a team player his value has gone up.

This really can't be highlighted enough. I see far too many people, not as much on this forum as elsewhere, complain about Ince based on his attacking numbers, but he's actually doing incredibly well to perform to the level he is while constantly being doubled up on.  For Christie's cross for Butterfield's 2nd goal for example, the VAST space Christie was in was provided by Ince.

14 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

I know this sounds daft but maybe Keane and O'Neill had something to do with Christie's form increase. They both played a part in raising the game of Hendricks (Albeit not for us mainly) and Christie.

(Of course not just them but I'm sure Christie wasn't having the best of times then played a Blinder for Ireland then seemed to follow it up with performances with us).

Agree with this too. Spot on with Christie he was doing neither nothing wrong or that special before playing for the Irish, but he came back with a spring in his step and found his swagger. Wouldn't disagree on Hendrick too on that bit of skill to set up Walters goal. The Irish press and fans along with MON were suddenly raving about him; can't of hurt his confidence. 

Regardless of anyone's view on Keogh I'd say whilst sometimes international football can be a bane for clubs, in our case , these 3 in particular have benefited from it this season, to the extent its aided their club form so far I.m.o

11 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Agree with this too. Spot on with Christie he was doing neither nothing wrong or that special before playing for the Irish, but he came back with a spring in his step and found his swagger. Wouldn't disagree on Hendrick too on that bit of skill to set up Walters goal. The Irish press and fans along with MON were suddenly raving about him; can't of hurt his confidence. 

Regardless of anyone's view on Keogh I'd say whilst sometimes international football can be a bane for clubs, in our case , these 3 in particular have benefited from it this season, to the extent its aided their club form so far I.m.o

i agree with you, Zag zig. Factors like this can shape a player's season which can in turn affect a team's performance. Despite losing Will Hughes and Craig Forsyth, we are doing incredibly well, but there is apparently no respite. we just have to keep winning games and we must not lose to our rivals. Sheff Wed have not lost at home since august but that is something that we need to bring to an end. Similar for Brighton who have not lost, they need to lose to us and I think that they will.

10 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

How much would you value Butterfield at now, out of interest?

Highly, if only for the ability to use "Bread" and "Butters" in the same sentence.

Archived