Have any of Derby County's players increased in value since the arrival of Paul Clement?

Rampage

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you remember earlier in the season when he didn't have much confidence. He wouldn't dare run at any one any more and seemed like a different player. Then I remember Christie showing the form of last season running down the wing showing defenders upafter playing with Ireland finally found the quote he made:-

"Every time I come here, I like to get the ball and have someone rap it into me. Roy loves to test you - he had me running round everywhere, testing my touch," he said.

"It gets you ready for the game because he is going to rap it in harder than the lads do during the game, so it got me ready. He gets me warmed up and he got me in the zone ready to go out and play the game.

"Roy just told me to go out there and do what I usually do and what I have done in training; just get the ball, get at people, put the crosses in early and express myself.

"First and foremost, obviously, he wanted me to defend and get the clean sheet because these games can always be tougher than the bigger opponents, so we had to go out there and be mentally right."  

Could be a tough of Clements words too.

The only one I'd question is Weimann.

I really don't get the hype, reminds me of a Jamie Mackie type of player in that he's energetic but ultimately weak on the ball, isn0t exactly great in possession and fills me with little confidence when trying to beat a man.

I don't think he's a winger, but I don't think we can play him uptop due to our style. That said, his recent performances are better than Russell's who has been naff of late.

If I could pick one area of our team we could definitely strengthen in January, it would be our wingers.

I get that it's rare to find consistent wingers in the Championship, as any decent player would surely be playing in the PL. It's probably the only position where you can excuse a lack of consistency.

In that respect I don't blame our wingers too much. But none of them are good enough for the PL IMO.

Archived