Have any of Derby County's players increased in value since the arrival of Paul Clement?

Rampage

Mel Morris wants the players that we buy and bring through the Academy, to increase in value while they are at the Rams. Is there any evidence of this happening after Paul Clement's short time here? Personally, I think that this is happening to at least half of the first team. regulars. What do you think?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have a go at the 'regular' first team only, that's the side I would personally expect to be our 'best' XI out of our current crop of fit players.

Carson - Yes. 100%. Whatever we got him for, it's minimal. I wasn't overally pleased with this signing at the time, happily proven wrong! Still only 30, as a keeper he's hitting his prime, so is easily by a mile worth more than whatever we paid.

Christie - Yes. Judging on his performances this season alone, he's back to his best. Unstoppable at times, good going forward and seems to have got a bit better defensively. If he keeps up this form and doesn't suffer a drop like last season, he'll be a PL player sooner rather than later.

Keogh - Yes. Again on this season alone he's been fantastic. A weight off his shoulders without the captaincy, could just focus on his football and with a good, consistent CB partner, he's proving a lot of people wrong. He's definitely worth more than he was in May.

Shackell - No. Purely because of his age, if we were to sell him which I hope isn't for a couple years, we wouldn't get what we paid for him.

Warnock - No. Again because of his age, we might not have paid a lot for him, but if I highly expect he will leave Derby on a free, and no other side would be prepared to pay an awful lot for a 34+ full back.

Thorne - Yes. Just pure quality. If he stays fit this season and we don't go up I would be offended if PL teams weren't sniffing around him. Calm, got a tackle in him, can score and can pass. As far as all out young English CDMs go, there ain't many above him in England currently. A good season in the PL with us and his value is 5x what we paid minimum. That seems to be the going rate at least.

Johnson - No. He's a cracking player, exactly what we've been missing and just natural quality. I feel that £6mil is fair for him, although I doubt many would pay £7mil plus for him.

Butterfield - No. Not currently. If he keeps up his performances for the whole season and carries it on (fingers crossed) in the PL, he can comfortably be more than £4mil. Not right now though.

Ince - No. Performances this season would suggest we've overpaid. He does have it in his locker to be comfortably worth more than £4.75mil though. If he reproduces his form from the second half of last season, then he'll be worth more than what we paid.

Weimann - Yes. I was pretty surprised in the summer when we were linked to him. Always rated him at Villa but thought he was wasted there. I suggested him in one of the suggestion threads before the forum was hacked that he'd be a decent option to play with Martin IF we went up last season, so to get him in the Championship was exciting. I think he's definitely worth more than £2mil with the value of players nowadays.

Martin - This is a tough one to call. If we're going on purely since PC arrived, then no. But I don't think his value has dropped either. He's still absolutely pivotal for us, one of the best strikers outside of the PL. Has his value increased since last season? No. Has his value decreased? Not in my opinion.

I like to to think of how much we would have been happy to pay if they had started this season and played like they have. Keogh looks £6 million worth as far as performances are concerned. Nobody would complain if we had paid at least £2 million for Carson.

26 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I'll have a go at the 'regular' first team only, that's the side I would personally expect to be our 'best' XI out of our current crop of fit players.

Carson - Yes. 100%. Whatever we got him for, it's minimal. I wasn't overally pleased with this signing at the time, happily proven wrong! Still only 30, as a keeper he's hitting his prime, so is easily by a mile worth more than whatever we paid.

Christie - Yes. Judging on his performances this season alone, he's back to his best. Unstoppable at times, good going forward and seems to have got a bit better defensively. If he keeps up this form and doesn't suffer a drop like last season, he'll be a PL player sooner rather than later.

Keogh - Yes. Again on this season alone he's been fantastic. A weight off his shoulders without the captaincy, could just focus on his football and with a good, consistent CB partner, he's proving a lot of people wrong. He's definitely worth more than he was in May.

Shackell - No. Purely because of his age, if we were to sell him which I hope isn't for a couple years, we wouldn't get what we paid for him.

Warnock - No. Again because of his age, we might not have paid a lot for him, but if I highly expect he will leave Derby on a free, and no other side would be prepared to pay an awful lot for a 34+ full back.

Thorne - Yes. Just pure quality. If he stays fit this season and we don't go up I would be offended if PL teams weren't sniffing around him. Calm, got a tackle in him, can score and can pass. As far as all out young English CDMs go, there ain't many above him in England currently. A good season in the PL with us and his value is 5x what we paid minimum. That seems to be the going rate at least.

Johnson - No. He's a cracking player, exactly what we've been missing and just natural quality. I feel that £6mil is fair for him, although I doubt many would pay £7mil plus for him.

Butterfield - No. Not currently. If he keeps up his performances for the whole season and carries it on (fingers crossed) in the PL, he can comfortably be more than £4mil. Not right now though.

Ince - No. Performances this season would suggest we've overpaid. He does have it in his locker to be comfortably worth more than £4.75mil though. If he reproduces his form from the second half of last season, then he'll be worth more than what we paid.

Weimann - Yes. I was pretty surprised in the summer when we were linked to him. Always rated him at Villa but thought he was wasted there. I suggested him in one of the suggestion threads before the forum was hacked that he'd be a decent option to play with Martin IF we went up last season, so to get him in the Championship was exciting. I think he's definitely worth more than £2mil with the value of players nowadays.

Martin - This is a tough one to call. If we're going on purely since PC arrived, then no. But I don't think his value has dropped either. He's still absolutely pivotal for us, one of the best strikers outside of the PL. Has his value increased since last season? No. Has his value decreased? Not in my opinion.

Excellent analysis, ITKernow

11 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Five clear 'Yes' votes from you Kernow and some more possibles. Looking good for the future in my opinion. Mel is not saying much but he must be happy with the present rate of progress.

You can tell things are going well when the only things people can find to complain about is the subs at half time. Are they looking for some half-time entertainment? Personally I'm shuddering at the though of Chris Baird in a tutu and pom poms...

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

You can tell things are going well when the only things people can find to complain about is the subs at half time. Are they looking for some half-time entertainment? Personally I'm shuddering at the though of Chris Baird in a tutu and pom poms...

Mascot wrestling would get me out the concourses!

I know this sounds daft but maybe Keane and O'Neill had something to do with Christie's form increase. They both played a part in raising the game of Hendricks (Albeit not for us mainly) and Christie.

(Of course not just them but I'm sure Christie wasn't having the best of times then played a Blinder for Ireland then seemed to follow it up with performances with us).

8 hours ago, Kernow said:

Pretty much word for word what I would have said...have a like!

7 hours ago, Kernow said:

At least he'd be good at something!

Archived