Candy Crush Sold

Dubiousmagoo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

When you think 24000 Season tickets money over £400 or more a season so you telling me it doesor or more over a season.

That would only be £9.6m, I don't think additional ticket sales would be over £90m 

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

When you think 24000 Season tickets money over £400 or more a season so you telling me it doesor or more over a season.

500,000,000 + 600,000,000 + 2,000,000 + 80,000,000 = Thursday

I can see why you're excited B4 but even if Mr Morris does decide to give it all to DCFC we still wouldn't be anywhere near the amount Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea & Arsenal have to play with so don't go thinking we'd be able to afford a front line of Bale, Messi & Martin just yet...

3 minutes ago, Daveo said:

That would only be £9.6m, I don't think additional ticket sales would be over £90m 

Unlikely. 

But you never know how much people put in the tip box. 

31 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

500,000,000 + 600,000,000 + 2,000,000 + 80,000,000 = Thursday

I can see why you're excited B4 but even if Mr Morris does decide to give it all to DCFC we still wouldn't be anywhere near the amount Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea & Arsenal have to play with so don't go thinking we'd be able to afford a front line of Bale, Messi & Martin just yet...

Messi would love it here in England, be able to dodge tax to his heart's content*

*artistic license used

It is my sincere postulation that DCFC is not going to go bust while Mel Morris is in charge.

In his Radio Derby interview, he was so down to earth and full of common sense that it was hard to believe what a downright genius he is. If Mel wants to build the most sensibly run Football Club in England, it is up to him.Very good chance that this will happen. Mel's simple statement yesterday that it was not how much money that Clubs received that is the issue, it is how much that was spent badly that is the problem. Lots of clubs have mega expensive players hanging round on really big wages who seem to add little to their Club. Having a fantastic Academy seems so obvious now as to be taken for granted. Mel has really only just got started. He is simply getting the Club right and it will pretty much run itself then.

48 minutes ago, Daveo said:

That's £230 per match ticket if we sell out every game. Might have to get more than a free scarf for that

16 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

That's £230 per match ticket if we sell out every game. Might have to get more than a free scarf for that

If we get promoted though, it's Prem ticket prices. We couldn't complain at £250, even £300 a ticket. When Mel said on Moday that the £2.30 cuppa was a nonsense, we all assumed he meant it needed reducing. What if we increase it to £50 a cuppa, but to soften the blow...chuck in a penguin? That must make us a few hundred million right there.

4 minutes ago, needles said:

If we get promoted though, it's Prem ticket prices. We couldn't complain at £250, even £300 a ticket. When Mel said on Moday that the £2.30 cuppa was a nonsense, we all assumed he meant it needed reducing. What if we increase it to £50 a cuppa, but to soften the blow...chuck in a penguin? That must make us a few hundred million right there.

I found a packet of p p pick up a penguins here in Florida yesterday.....delicious with my afternoon cup of tea reminded me of being at school.

33 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I found a packet of p p pick up a penguins here in Florida yesterday.....delicious with my afternoon cup of tea reminded me of being at school.

Only read you'd gone earlier. How long till you bring a plan load of yanks back to sample the delights of the Brunswick?

2 hours ago, AnimalisaRam said:

c£460m. before the appropriate taxes so on so forth

I could retire on the taxes!

46 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Aah yes, 40% Capital Gains Tax.  £200m of that is likely to go to HMRC.

Cataclysmic Burma.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

It is my sincere postulation that DCFC is not going to go bust while Mel Morris is in charge.

In his Radio Derby interview, he was so down to earth and full of common sense that it was hard to believe what a downright genius he is. If Mel wants to build the most sensibly run Football Club in England, it is up to him.Very good chance that this will happen. Mel's simple statement yesterday that it was not how much money that Clubs received that is the issue, it is how much that was spent badly that is the problem. Lots of clubs have mega expensive players hanging round on really big wages who seem to add little to their Club. Having a fantastic Academy seems so obvious now as to be taken for granted. Mel has really only just got started. He is simply getting the Club right and it will pretty much run itself then.

Yeah man all about the development on players. The same focus has turned Southampton into serious European contenders.

The likes of Chelsea, Man City and Man UTD are blowing money bringing players in because it seems their youth development reservoir has dried up. Jose could do with a some lion hearted, young players to kick start his season right now!

Liverpool and Arsenal are probably the best big teams in England for developing players, the Sterling sale is a good example of this, however I still think Liverpool need to improve in this area.

As someone eluded to earlier, buy low and sell high. Or if you're lucky enough to get a Gerrard, Giggs or Scholes through your academy, buy low, hold on tight to them and enjoy the ride!

Archived