Candy Crush Sold

Dubiousmagoo

1 hour ago, needles said:

Only read you'd gone earlier. How long till you bring a plan load of yanks back to sample the delights of the Brunswick?

Planning on it for either the championship winning game, the play off final or waiting until next season because we screwed it up again....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Liverpool and Arsenal are probably the best big teams in England for developing players, the Sterling sale is a good example of this, however I still think Liverpool need to improve in this area.

Sterling had 7 years at QPR before Liverpool bought him and he spent 2 years in their academy. There was an article maybe by Carragher (?) about the lack of local players at Liverpool now, so I think even they may not have the flow of players they may have done? Arsenal are always going to produce good players. West Ham and more recently Southampton have also been extremely good at producing consistent supplies of good English talent. Lets hope Derby can be added to that list.

1 hour ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Liverpool and Arsenal are probably the best big teams in England for developing players, the Sterling sale is a good example of this, however I still think Liverpool need to improve in this area.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Sterling had 7 years at QPR before Liverpool bought him and he spent 2 years in their academy. There was an article maybe by Carragher (?) about the lack of local players at Liverpool now, so I think even they may not have the flow of players they may have done? Arsenal are always going to produce good players. West Ham and more recently Southampton have also been extremely good at producing consistent supplies of good English talent. Lets hope Derby can be added to that list.

Arsenal used to be good, but they haven't really produced good young ones lately. And doesn't look like producing, their youngsters are very poor at the moment. Don't know what's gone wrong with them though.

Maybe they haven't signed enough already capable players from Barcelona, like Bellerin (and Fabregas if you go "few" years back)

3 hours ago, needles said:

If we get promoted though, it's Prem ticket prices. We couldn't complain at £250, even £300 a ticket. When Mel said on Moday that the £2.30 cuppa was a nonsense, we all assumed he meant it needed reducing. What if we increase it to £50 a cuppa, but to soften the blow...chuck in a penguin? That must make us a few hundred million right there.

I've got nowhere to keep a penguin and where would I get all the fish to feed it?

7 hours ago, needles said:

If we get promoted though, it's Prem ticket prices. We couldn't complain at £250, even £300 a ticket. When Mel said on Moday that the £2.30 cuppa was a nonsense, we all assumed he meant it needed reducing. What if we increase it to £50 a cuppa, but to soften the blow...chuck in a penguin? That must make us a few hundred million right there.

I've only just thought of this but what if Mel sold one £90 million ticket that allowed the winning person to sit on his face for 90 minutes?

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I've only just thought of this but what if Mel sold one £90 million ticket that allowed the winning person to sit on his face for 90 minutes?

:huh:

Step away from GboroRam, he's having an episode. ;)

Archived