Football Manager

loughboroughRAM

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I would give you guys an insight into my FM16 save. Not touched Derby as Im playing as a made up team which consists of made up players, over on another forum I frequent we did a signup thread where you gave the name, age, position and your a limited number of areas you wanted stats to be distributed. The club started in Conference North and in 2022 made it to the Premier League.

Anyway, some interesting things happened at Derby. Clement finished 7th in the 15/16 season then left to join Swansea in March 2017, that season Derby went up as champions.

Lets have a look at some career stats.

Albentosa

d97OTc9.png

Bennett

htkXpaW.png

Bryson

hLQR6zl.png

Butterfield

FmI1Hoo.png

Hanson

6WMx4a7.png

Hendrick - Currently on 53 caps and 4 goals

RmUnp7y.png

Hughes - Not a single call up

ngAhGmq.png

Ince - Made his England debut in 2018 against Italy. Has 11 caps, no goals

w74nNy5.png

Johnson

ThgUHKP.png

Martin - Didnt like the Premiership. 11 caps for Scotland with no goals

7VOTIOx.png

Russell

urRyQRA.png

Thorne - Not a single call up

r74wKqC.png

Weimann

Qb6cfqL.png

I only have 1 save this year which is Derby in my 5th season. Been too busy to play it regularly.

In that save I replaced Clement at Derby and he moved on to Blackburn as assistant manager. He then moved to Swansea and is now at Man City, all as assistant manager. So he's become what he could well become again in real life. A very good assistant manager, but that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...

hitting the run in on my 3rd season as rams on FM16. Currently 9th in Prem with 11 games to go but theres 1 point separating 6th and 15th. Won playoffs in first season (even though 6 of my starting XI had ****** off on international duty for the final). Managed to offload Russell for 2m for Wolves (who won the league) and struggled for form first half of next season in the Prem but hit a purple patch in the last ten games which saw me finish 10th - signed Subotic for 4m in Jan and only lost 3 games thereafter. Notable results included beating arsenal 5-4 in league cup, champions Man city 2-0 at home and denying Utd european spot on final day at Old Trafford with a 2-1 win. Mel bankrolled me big time this season in the hope of European football so had 45m to go crazy with - big signings were Ward-Prowse, Bertrand (Soton got relegated), Alvarez-Balanta and Kimmich with Odegaard on loan. Signed Wanyama in Jan for 7m. Agree about Christie being a beast at attacking full back and Hughes being underwhelming to the point he only makes the subs bench. Some may be surprised to hear that my most valuable (Current real life Derby players) assets are Weimann Hendrick and Ince! AW scored 18 in promotion season from RW  and has averaged over 7.2 and is a fans favourite (won Poty first prem season), Ince was top goal scorer in first prem season with 11 and also averages over 7. Hendrick has been influencial in CM averaging 7.3 (7.45 this season) and is worth 18m. Forgotten men include Thorne and Butterfield and Martin (altho CM did bang in a load first season and a decent amount 2nd).

Had a Fergie-esque escape from the sack as I was a game away from getting the chop having gone 10 without a win before bashing MK Dons 3-0. My best advice tactically when you get to the prem first time is to play 4-3-3 holding mid (lol) on structured, counter attack but also retain possession (got fond of this after it got me out of numerous tricky situations). Somehow i hammered teams in possession etc and would comfortably see games out for half an hour or so. 

Tried a few various saves in this game from marseille too hadjuk split but not really been able to get into a game as I have in previous years ! 

Currently playing a save with tranmere in the 1st season , 5th at Christmas playing some nice tika taka football with a few good youngsters on loan ! See how it goes ! 

Mel got arsey cos i̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶p̶̶̶l̶̶̶a̶̶̶y̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶g̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶b̶̶̶y̶̶̶ ̶̶̶w̶̶̶a̶̶̶y̶̶̶  the dressing room atmosphere was poor. I addressed this by hiring Eva Carneiro...couple weeks later, case dropped!

18 minutes ago, loughboroughRAM said:

Mel got arsey cos i̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶p̶̶̶l̶̶̶a̶̶̶y̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶g̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶b̶̶̶y̶̶̶ ̶̶̶w̶̶̶a̶̶̶y̶̶̶  the dressing room atmosphere was poor. I addressed this by hiring Eva Carneiro...couple weeks later, case dropped!

what? 

What has happened? I need to see screenshots! lol

Just started playing a few months ago and I'm hooked, unfortunately not as derby

I started my first game and managed to complete two seasons, took them up from the championship with ease in my first season barely losing a game, the second season I safely avoided relegation from the pl, however I got bored with it, I have a horrible habit of refusing to buy new players when I play as derby and insisted martin/carson and the rest must start it doesn't matter who I can buy :D

So I started again.....this time with luton town and I'm loving it, into my fourth season with them now and I should definitely be offered a job as a manager in the real world :D 

first season - promoted from league 2 as champions. 4-3-3 holding dominating all with Paul Benson rocking things - Player of the season

second season - secured a stable and strong mid table finish with some great buys.....Kwesi Appiah, my best buy for 22,000 and some silly % of next sale. he was top goal scorer with about 40 goals, couldn't stop him. Managed to get Conrad logan in goal too and he's been solid.

third season - 2nd place in league one, I've bought Kane Fernand and Lewin Nyatanga/Pierce Sweeny, add that to my Kwesi Appiah and it's a recipe for success when also switching to a 4-1-4-1 system. Eddie Nolan at RB has also been solid this season.

fourth season - currently sat in 9th place about 33 games in, 4-1-4-1 has remained solid and I've even beaten Leicester and Newcastle in the cup, great season so far, the board's expectation was to fight bravely against relegation :D, I'm not far off the playoffs.....I now have Mike Jensen in midfield and he's probably my best player, I've also managed to sign Chris wood(after trying for like 3 seasons) so he's replace wood as kwesi's form has been letting him down.

:D looking at a playoff's attempt next season cant wait...

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

what? 

What has happened? I need to see screenshots! lol

was a couple of days ago but will try and find it, should have done this at the time! I don't think it was directly the reason haha, probably just a coincidence but was literally right next to each other on the inbox section. Tbf I'd rather a rub down from Neil Sullivan, bet hes got nimble fingers

Not bought it since about 2012 maybe 2013. In my opinion it went really down hill around then.

having the old man attitude to technology that i have i hated the fact it had to be played through steam. I didnt even properly understand what steam was. All u knew is it would send my laptop mental and the game seemed to have endless bugs which Sega or SI were in no hurry to sort out. Miss the old days bang a CD in just play.

first one i every had was 97 terry cooke from united was immense 

On 11/18/2015 at 05:58, RicME85 said:

Darren Wassall has a PA or 100 and a CA of 70, compare this to . . . . Pascal Zuberbühler has a PA of 140 and a CA of 120 . . . . John Peacock has a PA of 135 and a CA of 125

I wish MM did his due diligence before making the announcement that Wassall would be here till the end of the season.

23 hours ago, DerbyRam! said:

Just started playing a few months ago and I'm hooked, unfortunately not as derby

I started my first game and managed to complete two seasons, took them up from the championship with ease in my first season barely losing a game, the second season I safely avoided relegation from the pl, however I got bored with it, I have a horrible habit of refusing to buy new players when I play as derby and insisted martin/carson and the rest must start it doesn't matter who I can buy :D

So I started again.....this time with luton town and I'm loving it, into my fourth season with them now and I should definitely be offered a job as a manager in the real world :D 

first season - promoted from league 2 as champions. 4-3-3 holding dominating all with Paul Benson rocking things - Player of the season

second season - secured a stable and strong mid table finish with some great buys.....Kwesi Appiah, my best buy for 22,000 and some silly % of next sale. he was top goal scorer with about 40 goals, couldn't stop him. Managed to get Conrad logan in goal too and he's been solid.

third season - 2nd place in league one, I've bought Kane Fernand and Lewin Nyatanga/Pierce Sweeny, add that to my Kwesi Appiah and it's a recipe for success when also switching to a 4-1-4-1 system. Eddie Nolan at RB has also been solid this season.

fourth season - currently sat in 9th place about 33 games in, 4-1-4-1 has remained solid and I've even beaten Leicester and Newcastle in the cup, great season so far, the board's expectation was to fight bravely against relegation :D, I'm not far off the playoffs.....I now have Mike Jensen in midfield and he's probably my best player, I've also managed to sign Chris wood(after trying for like 3 seasons) so he's replace wood as kwesi's form has been letting him down.

:D looking at a playoff's attempt next season cant wait...

Anyone got any tips for who i can look to sign on the cheap to get me out of the championship? I've finished my fourth season now. started the fifth and for some reason it's all changed, i'm 3 games in, 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss but we havnt been playing well at all

Started a new save with the Rams and flogged Weimann, Shotton & Roos to Chelsea for a combined £7m (due to adding a new manager on start up and retiring as soon as I'd bought them).  Bought in Michael Kightly (cus I wanted a proper winger!!!), a Turkish full back who can't get a WP and a hot prospect from Portugal for a combined £2.5m.  Things started well and I was top going into December but we weren't really playing well, struggled to keep 40% of the ball and only amassed points due to being solid at the back (Sound familiar).  After a crap December I switched to a more attack minded tactic and despite losing the first couple of games we went on a 12 game winning streak.  Now just clinched top spot with a rousing 3-2 comeback against Charlton with 4 games to spare.  Chris Martin bagged 28, Ince 13 along with 12 assists.

i took over wee Billy's promoted side to take part in my first and only multiplayer game some years ago.  The players at my disposal were as you well know dismal, so with the little cash i had and selling half the team i was able to put together a decent side.  There were six of us competing, the other five choosing Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Tottenham and Man City.  Nine games into the season Derby were top and leading the next team, Chelsea by nine points after having beaten Arsenal away seven nil and much to my disappointment that's as far as the season got because the others gave up after meeting my demands of announcing that Derby County Football Club is the greatest team ever.  i saw one of them the other day walking up main street and when he spotted me, he crossed to the other side of the street.  Long may his shame linger. 

20 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Started a new save with the Rams and flogged Weimann, Shotton & Roos to Chelsea for a combined £7m (due to adding a new manager on start up and retiring as soon as I'd bought them).

Slightly cheaty!.

In my day it was enter: O.L. on the BBC B and give yourself unlimited cash to spend.

On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 08:47, RiddingsRam said:

Tried a few various saves in this game from marseille too hadjuk split but not really been able to get into a game as I have in previous years ! 

Currently playing a save with tranmere in the 1st season , 5th at Christmas playing some nice tika taka football with a few good youngsters on loan ! See how it goes ! 

Into March with tranmere , having had a dismal January dropped down to 7th ! With a swift change if tactic playing a 4 2 3 1 wide with a high tempo , direct passing style my fortunes have changed ! Won 6 on the bounce with some instrumental displays from the ageing Gary Taylor fletcher and on loan diego di girolamo ! Now sitting 3rd ! All poised for a potential promotion back to the football league . 

Archived