Football Manager

loughboroughRAM

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I haven't really played FM since FML shut down (despite playing it yearly previously). Once you play against real people playing against the AI seems kinda boring.

What Gameworld did you play on?  I started off as the head Mod on Clough but then also had stints on other GWs as the months went by.  Also had several fun days out at the Sega UK offices, tours of SI towers, meetings with the Devs (followed by evenings in the pub!) 

Happy days :) 

Loved Tracksuit Manager - great game. 

I played the original 'Football Manager' in the Speccy/C64 days! :ph34r: or :cool:, I'm not sure! :lol:

Played CM/FM since the original CM2, which would have been back in 95/96 time I think? You only had the English and Scottish leagues in them days, you had to buy Italy, Spain, Germany, France and was it Belgium/Scandinavia separately. Used to have audio commentary on games then as well.

3 hours ago, Srg said:

But did you own Tracksuit Manager on a floppy disk?

Spent a while Googling but cannot find the game I had. Growing up I had a Spectrum ZX, had a manager game on there but can't for the life remember what it was.

Now those were the days, spending 20mins loading essentially a playable database but crashing as soon as it got to the main menu :D

3 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Loved Tracksuit Manager - great game. 

I played the original 'Football Manager' in the Speccy/C64 days! :ph34r: or :cool:, I'm not sure! :lol:

Played CM/FM since the original CM2, which would have been back in 95/96 time I think? You only had the English and Scottish leagues in them days, you had to buy Italy, Spain, Germany, France and was it Belgium/Scandinavia separately. Used to have audio commentary on games then as well.

Came in those cool folding cardboard boxes too.

The Italian leagues were great fun, the Juve team was just utter smug

Just now, RicME85 said:

Came in those cool folding cardboard boxes too.

The Italian leagues were great fun, the Juve team was just utter smug

AC Milan for me - started a game, signed Shearer, played my first friendly, Hearts at the San Siro - won 10-2. Shearer went on to score something like 70 goals over the course of the season.

The Italian sides were ridiculously good on that game.

4 hours ago, RicME85 said:

Spent a while Googling but cannot find the game I had. Growing up I had a Spectrum ZX, had a manager game on there but can't for the life remember what it was.

Now those were the days, spending 20mins loading essentially a playable database but crashing as soon as it got to the main menu :D

I had a Spectrum 48k when I was but a young lad too.

I recall breaking into the program back then, giving all of my players a skill rating of 9 (max) and changing the centre forwards name to my own. 

Cant remember the Spectrum game at all.

One of my favourite manager games growing up apart from CM2 through CM2 97/98 and Premier Manager 97 on Mega Drive was a game by Software 2000 called Football Limited. Matches had highlights pop up on a jumbotron 4636-4-football-limited-a-k-a.jpg

Let's be fair, back in the Speccy days it wasn't like it is now - there were hundreds of football games, and a good chunk of those were management sims - On the Bench was another one - you HAD to start in the conference and work your way up - don't think I ever did manage to do very well on that one!

Anyhow, picked up FM16 finally - started a Derby game - promoted as Champions at the first attempt - JR weighed in with 32 goals. Lost in the SFs of the League Cup, 4-5 to WBA on aggregate. Beat West Ham in the FA Cup final - 1-1, and then Jake headed in the winner - as if he isn't a big enough hero already....

Forest lost to Ipswich in the playoff SFs :lol:

Didn't really bother signing anyone - only had £5m and have a good enough squad already.

Remi Garde spent all season trying to disrupt Thorne - I told Thorne he wasn't going anywhere, which in the end was best for Thorne anyway as we went up, and Villa got relegated (Garde getting sacked in the process!).

Archived