Football Manager

loughboroughRAM

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

started having a go at football manager touch, and i'm liking the much simpler approach so far very streamlined and quicker to progress. one thing i'm trying to find though is if its possible to view your squads team cohesion? in the full version you can ask your assistance from team talk feedback, but since there isn't any team talks in the touch version is it possible to view this. i know youve got the squad harmony but i feel thats more an indicator of squad morale and happiness rather than their understanding of their teammates.

is it also possilble to see how familiar your team is with the tactics?

11 hours ago, Lord_Ram said:

started having a go at football manager touch, and i'm liking the much simpler approach so far very streamlined and quicker to progress. one thing i'm trying to find though is if its possible to view your squads team cohesion? in the full version you can ask your assistance from team talk feedback, but since there isn't any team talks in the touch version is it possible to view this. i know youve got the squad harmony but i feel thats more an indicator of squad morale and happiness rather than their understanding of their teammates.

is it also possilble to see how familiar your team is with the tactics?

Nope that has all been stripped out.

Its a far superior version of the game as the full fat version is a chore with a lot of the additions over the last 10 years and most of them break the game each year.

This is why I was so pissed at the data being wrong in the latest update as you cant have custom DB's to fix errors in FMT

11 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Nope that has all been stripped out.

Its a far superior version of the game as the full fat version is a chore with a lot of the additions over the last 10 years and most of them break the game each year.

This is why I was so pissed at the data being wrong in the latest update as you cant have custom DB's to fix errors in FMT

its just a few nitpickings really such as Hanson being a cm and Butterfield not being very good, but nothing major. I've managed to find that when in a match if you go to the info tab and your assistant managers feedback he'll say a few things such as some players not blending in and some players being used to playing at a lower tempo or not closing down as much and I'm using this to gauge my team cohesion and tactics familiarity.

only disappointment so far is I can't fine my players for poor performances :lol:

1 minute ago, Lord_Ram said:

its just a few nitpickings really such as Hanson being a cm and Butterfield not being very good, but nothing major. I've managed to find that when in a match if you go to the info tab and your assistant managers feedback he'll say a few things such as some players not blending in and some players being used to playing at a lower tempo or not closing down as much and I'm using this to gauge my team cohesion and tactics familiarity.

only disappointment so far is I can't fine my players for poor performances :lol:

Once fined a player for telling me he thought I'd made a mistake by selling one of the lads. I played FM more like a political grand strategy with a football twist than a management game :lol:

FM Touch looks interesting (for me, who hasn't played a FM game in the last 10 years).

As the games got so big & so many features added, I git turned off, as it took so long to complete a season, with all the off field guff to go through between every match. I'm not looking for a return to my old FM days of being able to do a season in 45 minutes but realistically how many hours should it take for a FM Touch season?. I realise you could make it last as long as you want to but would like an idea before shelling out for it.

@Wolfie I have a 66% off with Humble Bundle if you want it? Would cost £11.89, if you transfer that via PayPal I can purchase it and send you the game code

As for how long a season takes in Touch....its easy enough to blast through a season in a day depending on how much time you put in to it.

21 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Towards the end of the second season - left Derby to take the Chelsea job. Derby finished ninth, Chelsea second.

It was an amicable separation.....until I took Hughes with me. £26m.

Hughes was rubbish on my game. Went to Bournemouth for £10mil, got relegated and starts on the bench for them in the Championship.

19 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Hughes was rubbish on my game. Went to Bournemouth for £10mil, got relegated and starts on the bench for them in the Championship.

Did alright for me in the PL with Derby. It was Russell and Martin getting the goals but Will had a decent avg rating. 

He's in the U21 squad at the moment at Chelsea. Bought a number of hot prospects and plonked them in their U21 side. Will's Captain - next summer I'll sell off a load of the oldies in the first team and bring them all through.

On 28/03/2016 at 09:21, Dimmu said:

Not sure what was the name of  the game I played with Commodore 64, (maybe Soccer Manager?), but surely those white Derby shirts looked good in my black'n white telly...

I'm pretty sure that was Football Manager - players could get skill levels up to 5 I think, then at the start of the following season you could be down to skill level 1 or 2. A few defeats and your players were at morale 1 or 2. Video 'highlights' involved 3 stick fgures on each side, just goalmouth incidents, and goals produced a burst of white noise. That game wasn't the biggest disappointment though - that accolade went to Peter Shilton's Handball Maradona.

8 hours ago, eddie said:

I'm pretty sure that was Football Manager - players could get skill levels up to 5 I think, then at the start of the following season you could be down to skill level 1 or 2. A few defeats and your players were at morale 1 or 2. Video 'highlights' involved 3 stick fgures on each side, just goalmouth incidents, and goals produced a burst of white noise. That game wasn't the biggest disappointment though - that accolade went to Peter Shilton's Handball Maradona.

Can't recall... did it have game simulation where attacks were 3 vs 3?

Soccer Manager was propably for Amica...

On 01/04/2016 at 11:55, RicME85 said:

@Wolfie I have a 66% off with Humble Bundle if you want it? Would cost £11.89, if you transfer that via PayPal I can purchase it and send you the game code

As for how long a season takes in Touch....its easy enough to blast through a season in a day depending on how much time you put in to it.

A very kind offer, thank you & it sounds good. I'll take you up on it if you let me know what I need to do. Ta.

Archived